• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sheryl Crow's Type

Usehername

On a mission
Introvert, definitely.

And i'm leaning toward J. But other than that, what do people think?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
INFJ?
Never had any experience of her nature past her music and I've no idea if she writes it or not.

Usehername

On a mission
INFJ?
Never had any experience of her nature past her music and I've no idea if she writes it or not.

she writes the majority of her own music. she used to be a music teacher before she tried to make a career out of songwriting.

i'll buy infj.

(as someone who can play the piano and the guitar, I'll say she's quite competent at both and has a more-than-solid understanding of the math behind music. good with theory, etc.)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
she writes the majority of her own music. she used to be a music teacher before she tried to make a career out of songwriting.

i'll buy infj.

(as someone who can play the piano and the guitar, I'll say she's quite competent at both and has a more-than-solid understanding of the math behind music. good with theory, etc.)
Oh she's clever, there's no mistaking that. I can see the intelligence behind the eyes. My guess was INFJ based moreso on how she expresses herself. Even though the lyrics are usually telling some kind of story and are laced with emotion it's never really clearly stated or expressed as to what that emotion is. Almost like she's feeling it but it's buried deep. As far as I recall that's quite INFJ but I could be very wrong. I think the line went something like "still waters run deep and INFJs have an underground river" or similar. Hence always including emotion but never really putting it to the fore. Does that make sense?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
isfj would be my guess, what's lance armstrong? i hate them both.

she's so s it makes me want to puke, and i don't even dislike s i just hate the total absence of N. "if it makes you happy, it can't be that baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad" jesus h christ these are TERRIBLE lyrics

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
isfj would be my guess, what's lance armstrong? i hate them both.

she's so s it makes me want to puke, and i don't even dislike s i just hate the total absence of N. "if it makes you happy, it can't be that baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad" jesus h christ these are TERRIBLE lyrics

Doormat lyrics (and I do like them by the way, they're real, I like lyrics that express real thoughts).

Doormat is an SJ thing, although there is also martyr, which is an NF thing. But this doesn't sound like martyr because she's too aware of the sacrifice of her own desires. She's not giving up herself completely.

Other than playing doormat, she could also be writing about playing the SP game of shocking someone.

More of same, from "Strong Enough":
Lie to me
I promise I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave

A lot of her songs have a lot of imagery and tell stories. "Everyday is a Winding Road", "Soak up the Sun",

My friend the communist
Holds meetings in his RV
I can't afford his gas
So I'm stuck here watching TV

"Leaving Las vegas", "All I Wanna Do", more S than N all of them. Besides her lyrics, the only other things I know about her:

- Controversy over perhaps not giving enough credit on co-written songs

- Bubbleheaded environmental activist (I say bubbleheaded because she seems like one of those people who makes more of a show of being "greener-than-thou" but that may be me just being mean)

- adopted a child, doesn't like Madonna (swear those two things aren't related lol), Lance Armstrong, into fitness, seems to get along better with men than with women, one of those "just one of the guys" kind of gals

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ. "All I Wanna Do" is pure Si. It's filled with imagery, but doesn't just register it to paint a picture- it abstracts it and connects all the relevant details and concrete meanings of the data together to tell a story. It's almost all concrete details and an experience of physical existence, all connected.