User Tag List

First 19596768697071 Last

Reason aside, I fuckin' believe you.

Smile The Household God

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Reason aside, I fuckin' believe you.
    Let us reason together -

Our God is whatever we worship. The TV has replaced the God of the Hearth and we worship the TV every day. And so for many of us the TV is our God - our Household God.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Let us reason together -

Our God is whatever we worship. The TV has replaced the God of the Hearth and we worship the TV every day. And so for many of us the TV is our God - our Household God.
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Good call.
    Let us reason further -

I understand your God is called Jesus. And I understand Jesus thought that it was demons that caused disease, and Jesus did not think it is germs that caused disease. And Jesus even cast out demons. And futher Jesus never said one word against institutional slavery.

So let us ask ourselves -

Is it plausible that such an ignorant and immoral person is God?

A window to the soul

Let us reason further -

I understand your God is called Jesus. And I understand Jesus thought that it was demons that caused disease, and Jesus did not think it is germs that caused disease. And Jesus even cast out demons. And futher Jesus never said one word against institutional slavery.

So let us ask ourselves -

Is it plausible that such an ignorant and immoral person is God?
    My Dear Victor, God made you didn't he? You are so passionate about the ills of institutional slavery. I don't even know what slavery means.

God and Liberal Democracy

My Dear Victor, God made you didn't he? You are so passionate about the ills of institutional slavery. I don't even know what slavery means.
    To find how I originated, read, "The Origin of Species", by Charles Darwin.

And I am passionate about slavery because it is the touchstone of evil. Slave owners killed slaves at will, they raped slaves at will and worked them to death. And this went on right throughout human history. It was only in 1833 that institutional slavery was first abolished by the House of Commons. Then the Royal Navy was sent out into the Atlantic with orders to sink any American slave ship.

So the abolition of institutionl slavery, for the first time in history, was the first and most important step of liberal democracy. And the abolition of institutional slavery was followed by the emancipation of women for the first time in Australia and New Zealand in the beginning of 20th Century. And at the end of the 20th Century, for the first time in history, we brought child sexual abusers before our criminal courts.

And over many millennia God neither abolished institutional slavery, emancipated women, or prosecuted child sexual abusers.

A window to the soul

And over many millennia God neither abolished institutional slavery, emancipated women, or prosecuted child sexual abusers.
    I understand. So where does the concept of "free will" come in?

I understand. So where does the concept of "free will" come in?
    Well, with liberal democracy we have freedom of religion and we can choose which God we worship.

And with liberal democracy we are free to choose which political party to vote for.

And with liberal democracy we are free to choose what to buy and sell in the market.

In China we are not free to choose our political party, and under Islam we are not free to choose our religion or our political party.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Gott ist tot
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5W4

When Atheists use "what came before god" as one of their argument to prove that god doesn't exist I retort "what came before the big bang, and what before that e.t.c" It's all well and good to use mathematics to "prove" the big bang occurred from nothingness. But it's a different story in reality. In theory 2 = 1 according to some ridiculous mathematical formula I learned in high school. In reality and by reality I mean what we can show evidence for with our 5 senses, 2=1 doesn't exist. Having said this I am neither proving nor dis-proving the existence of god. Merely illustrating how the unknown in science is no different to the unknown in religion and believing there is NO god is no more foolish to believing there IS a god. The only thing I can find evidence for are possibilities. I believe in the "possibility" of God existing. By that I do not mean the man with the white beard in the sky registering a tally of what you do right or wrong on his blackberry. I mean a consciousness or conscious force or "thing" of some type detached from humanity and religion. There are points for and against God existing and since I am only a human being limited to my 5 senses and since God by theory should transcend all things including my senses, I am not going to be arrogant by claiming I know God and whether or not God exists. It is simply an unknown at this point in human history. It's also interesting to note the big bang came from "nothing" so to speak the same as God created something from nothing. I'm seeing a pattern here. Same difference.

Albert Einstein: God does not play dice with the universe.
    Edward Schrodinger: (In reply to Einstein) Do not presume to know what God does.
    Knowledge is power. Sanity is for the weak.