First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    One consistency among people who deeply investigate this stuff with serious spiritual intent: weak minds with poor drive to understand natural phenomena.

Not to say it's wholly untrue, but a lot of nature is subverted for anyone looking to this for "answers".
    There is no proof that such people have weak minds.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

It amazes me that things like this appear more credible to people than the established world religions.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    There is no proof that such people have weak minds.
    Apart from the fact that 'weak' is subjective, I considered amending my statement last night to strike that part from my comment for other reasons, the reason of plain ignorance.

The one thing I can think of, to give credence for anyone reading this with intent for "answers", is that they do not understand that there is a physical system to the universe that completely describes what this piece sets out to accomplish through 100% autonomous means, irrespective of higher powers and guided manipulation. Beyond that, it is conceptual to the point of being vividly perceptual, as perceptual as any spiritual transgression could be, and likely ten times more skillful.

From my perspective, stories like this are for the weak minded. I have several friends would who eat this stuff like candy, and their habitual MO is to catch sight of anything with the slightest air of potential and gobble it down like vitamins, from alien lizardmen to the hollow moon theory to population control and 2001esque theories on the origin of man - genetic manipulation, spiritual regression, etc. It's weird, it never comes in pieces to an individual - either you have a focused approach to the evidence, or your soul is consumed by every fear-mongering theory around. Why is there rarely middle ground for this class of person, people who seek?

I often lure them in with this book - WE ARE NOT THE FIRST. It leads with a false premise - to claim that we could not possibly be the first advanced civilization to frequent the planet Earth - but subverts this position throughout by detailing the scientific means with which our civilization has risen, often showing that technological progress has doubled or even tripled over itself in separate locations, much how the conventional notion of an egg has found its way into the genetic lexicon during two separate epochs.

Its an interesting read, sure enough. But it's very indicative of the culture who refuses to learn.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

As a representative of the secret world government, let it be known that we did in fact get this book published as a false flag honeypot. There are real "light people" but we are keeping that information secet. We don't want too much to be known about the enemies of us lizard people. I also have a secret list of celebrities who are light people, but I can't reveal them, because it would give away our secret plot to get an Australian in the White House in 2016. We have made excellent progress in implanting secret Australians into Hollywood, so we should be able to do this for the presidency. And no one has yet developed a Voigt-Kampff test for Australians, so we can't be stopped until it's too late.

I will say, though, that in photographs, Dennis Rodman often seems to reflect or shine with light.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It amazes me that things like this appear more credible to people than the established world religions.
    How did they get established in the first place? Did they seem more credible than the established religions of the time?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Apart from the fact that 'weak' is subjective, I considered amending my statement last night to strike that part from my comment for other reasons, the reason of plain ignorance.

The one thing I can think of, to give credence for anyone reading this with intent for "answers", is that they do not understand that there is a physical system to the universe that completely describes what this piece sets out to accomplish through 100% autonomous means, irrespective of higher powers and guided manipulation. Beyond that, it is conceptual to the point of being vividly perceptual, as perceptual as any spiritual transgression could be, and likely ten times more skillful.

From my perspective, stories like this are for the weak minded. I have several friends would who eat this stuff like candy, and their habitual MO is to catch sight of anything with the slightest air of potential and gobble it down like vitamins, from alien lizardmen to the hollow moon theory to population control and 2001esque theories on the origin of man - genetic manipulation, spiritual regression, etc. It's weird, it never comes in pieces to an individual - either you have a focused approach to the evidence, or your soul is consumed by every fear-mongering theory around. Why is there rarely middle ground for this class of person, people who seek?

I often lure them in with this book - WE ARE NOT THE FIRST. It leads with a false premise - to claim that we could not possibly be the first advanced civilization to frequent the planet Earth - but subverts this position throughout by detailing the scientific means with which our civilization has risen, often showing that technological progress has doubled or even tripled over itself in separate locations, much how the conventional notion of an egg has found its way into the genetic lexicon during two separate epochs.

Its an interesting read, sure enough. But it's very indicative of the culture who refuses to learn.
    I'm not buying your argument here. I've read stranger books, but none of their strangeness implies a culture that refuses to learn.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Let's consider this small section from WE ARE NOT THE FIRST:

The Voynich Manuscript contains well over two hundred and fifty pages about the format of the book you are reading. On most of the pages there are diagrams in colour with captions. There are also thirty-three pages of text. In the opinion of Professor Newbold, the parchment, the ink and the style of the drawings indicate the 13th century as the time of origin. Other experts think it was written around 1500.

The document is devoted to botanical, astronomical, biological and pharmaceutical subjects. There are charts depicting cross sections 0f leaves and roots which could only have been observed with a microscope, but the microscope was not invented until the 17th century. One illustration shows a spiral with eight legs, a cloudy mass with stars in the centre, and some writing in it. The legend, deciphered by Newbold, reads that the object is within a triangle formed 'by the navel of Pegasus, the girdle of Andromeda and the head of Cassiopea'. This chart, therefore may refer to the Andromeda Galaxy which is invisible as a spiral without a strong telescope.

In studying this chart during the twenties Professor Eric Doolittle of the University of Pennsylvania made a remark that 'in my opinion it unquestionably represented a nebula and that the man who drew it must have had a telescope.' But if he did not have a telescope, how could the author have observed the Andromeda Galaxy long before the invention of his instrument? And how could he have studied cross sections of plants without a microscope?

It just so happens that The Voynich Manuscript contains random drawings from a fraud who lived during the Middle Ages. But how can you dispute the professor's opinion as such? He's not trying to represent the truth of the matter here.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The Voynich Manuscript was likely written at least in part by a young Leonardo da Vinci.

If anyone's interested, I can pull up the evidence.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

This book is fascinating so far! On page 58 or something.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The Voynich Manuscript was likely written at least in part by a young Leonardo da Vinci.

If anyone's interested, I can pull up the evidence.
    Have at it, o mystical One.