User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
    And this is the judgement: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God." --John 3:16-21

His Second Coming.

OK. Since you asked, I will tell you.

Biblical Christianity can be summed up like this:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
    And this is the judgement: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God." --John 3:16-21
    That's fine and all, but that still doesn't explain why you deny Keirkegaard is a Christian. I never read anything from him that disputed the above. To be honest, it sounds like you're being a dick for no reason.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That's fine and all, but that still doesn't explain why you deny Keirkegaard is a Christian. I never read anything from him that disputed the above. To be honest, it sounds like you're being a dick for no reason.
    Cuz he doesn't like Kierkegaard, duuuh!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Cuz he doesn't like Kierkegaard, duuuh!
    Well, maybe he needs to learn the difference between disliking someone, and denying fellowship/inclusion/community/whatever you call it with God. He's making himself out to be someone who has the specific requirements of "salvation" because... he doesn't like them? If his beliefs turn out to be true, and he keeps thinking that way, then he's going to be pissed off once he gets in heaven. It's impossible that he'll be able to agree with the.. hypothetical gazillions of souls there.

MBTI
    xNxx

I don't have time to respond to every question. I have to prioritize.

Sniffles

OK. Since you asked, I will tell you.

Biblical Christianity can be summed up like this:

Ok, I doubt Kierkegaard would dispute with the truth of that.

For those interested(especially @Zarathustra), here's Ellie Bostwick's Kierkegaard vs. Nietzsche: Discerning the Nature of True Christian Faith, which helps shed certain light on Kierkegaard's religious perspectives.

I don't have time to respond to every question. I have to prioritize.
    Then stop making thoughtless statements. It would help slim down the questions. For example, if you're going to make a call on who's Christian (and, I assume, "saved" in your eyes), even when that very person, more or less, believes in the same precepts you do.. well.. then you should explain further on why. Apparently you have more requirements for what's Christian than what you have stated so far.

But like I said in my entrance to this thread, it's even better to not say anything at all. To simply shut up. This way, you get no questions.

MBTI
    xNxx

Then stop making thoughtless statements. It would help slim down the questions. For example, if you're going to make a call on who's Christian (and, I assume, "saved" in your eyes), even when that very person, more or less, believes in the same precepts you do.. well.. then you should explain further on why. Apparently you have more requirements for what's Christian than what you have stated so far.

But like I said in my entrance to this thread, it's even better to not say anything at all. To simply shut up. This way, you get no questions.
    I'm just gonna post what I want to post when I want to post.

But you may be right. It might be better just to lurk.

This is tedious beyond belief.

This is tedious beyond belief.
    I hope you're not trying to blame that on me though. I'm surprised you can't simply say "Hmm.. my bad. I didn't actually consider the possibility that Kierkegaard was a Christian." Or, if you don't want to admit that, then you would need to explain what being a Christian is beyond quoting John 3:16. You seem to have other requirements that you don't want to talk about. Because it's tedious to explain or something. Must suck if it's that's difficult, but it's not my religion, is it? It's yours.

MBTI
    xNxx

I hope you're not trying to blame that on me though. I'm surprised you can't simply say "Hmm.. my bad. I didn't actually consider the possibility that Kierkegaard was a Christian." Or, if you don't want to admit that, then you would need to explain what being a Christian is beyond quoting John 3:16. You seem to have other requirements that you don't want to talk about. Because it's tedious to explain or something. Must suck if it's that's difficult, but it's not my religion, is it? It's yours.
    Yes, you have made this very tedious.

More so than anyone else, so far.