User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Jenn, I do believe that my "true opposite" is supposed to be ISTJ?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My dad's ISFP, I know the drill. Point is, ISFPs tend to be good at things I care about, and have personalities which don't make me want to commit suicide. Though we may disagree on things from time to time.
    Interesting: So what makes you want to commit suicide in a conflict, versus just being angry/annoyed?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Jenn, I do believe that my "true opposite" is supposed to be ISTJ?
    Feel free and elaborate, whether you agree or disagree, and why you think this.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Interesting: So what makes you want to commit suicide in a conflict, versus just being angry/annoyed?
    The feeling that humanity didn't turn out the way it was supposed to?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The feeling that humanity didn't turn out the way it was supposed to?
    Could you actually expound on your ideas so we can understand, instead of dropping one-liners that don't really clarify your thoughts?

(Honestly, you can participate however you want, but I can't analyze something I'm not getting, that's all.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought of that watching the function charts the other day. ISFP is the true opposite of INTP, yes. Also, there's a correlation with the ENTJ shadow type. The opposite (on MBTI letters) of ENTJ is ISFP.
    Yeah, it makes sense, though, I only know only one ISFP, and I get along with her quite well. Meanwhile, all the ESFJs I know... The relationship it's almost impossible.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Could you actually expound on your ideas so we can understand, instead of dropping one-liners that don't really clarify your thoughts?

(Honestly, you can participate however you want, but I can't analyze something I'm not getting, that's all.)
    No.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Feel free and elaborate, whether you agree or disagree, and why you think this.
    Order of functions: (correct me, Jenn, if I'm wrong...)

Me: Fe>Ni>Se>Ti>Fi>Ne>Si>Te

ISTJ: Si>Te>Fi>Ne>Se>Ti>Fe>Ni

Ok. While I very very much enjoy my ISTJ friends, sometimes I believe that my use of primary Fe comes across as looking very scattered and outrageous because my (at least the females do... ) ISTJ friends attempt to herd me away from perceived danger. It's kind of funny. Like I trigger their inner "Hey, that girl just ain't right...." instinct. My ENFP sister has this marvelous ability to communicate with ISTJs on a very natural level. They always seem to think she has common sense and is funny and ladylike, while I automatically go into the "retarded child" pile where I can be looked after. LOL! I'm in the ISTJ creche! (And I probably belong there too!) Jaye has taught me how to communicate with some of them, esp when they're angry or burnt out, so I don't try their patience.

I got along great with Jaye's ISTJ love interest years ago (actually, the two of us being left to our own devices led to near anarchy at times... ahahah!) and I have at least two very close ISTJ female friends who laugh at what I do but always shake their head at me like "Poor poor retarded person". They seem to have a 6th sense that I'm nearly incapable of practical applications. I can't argue with that.

I think the potential for misunderstanding lurks in the bolded area. Their senses are telling them that I'm going to need looking after and their Te is demanding that I make sense. Some sense. Any sense at all!! It's difficult to "sense" someone's Ni, which is notoriously phantom and maddeningly immaterial in the first place.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INTJ

So which type is the nemesis of the INTJ according to this method, Jennifer?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

No.
    Thanks for playing.

NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Order of functions: (correct me, Jenn, if I'm wrong...)

Me: Fe>Ni>Se>Ti>Fi>Ne>Si>Te
    ISTJ: Si>Te>Fi>Ne>Se>Ti>Fe>Ni
    Before I comment on any of this, what would you say about your relationships with the following type, compared to your relationship with ISTJ?

ESTJ: Te>Si>Ne>Fi>Ti>Se>Ni>Fe

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Before I comment on any of this, what would you say about your relationships with the following type, compared to your relationship with ISTJ?

ESTJ: Te>Si>Ne>Fi>Ti>Se>Ni>Fe
    I have very little communication trouble with ESTJs. Example A: my own mother. I think we understand each other very well. I like to make her laugh and sometimes we watch game shows together because Mom loves them. We both like shouting out answers during Jeopardy and sometimes I say something highly facetious so she'll laugh. I had a very good friend who was ESTJ and she was great. I still miss her.

When she's having a "meltdown" though, Jaye is WAY more perceptive and seems to know what to do automatically. My instinct is to give her space at all times, even when I shouldn't. Jaye knows when to zero in and push a point no matter how hard Mom digs in her heels. I tend to go into the peacemaker role when they both get exasperated.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code