• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Battle of the Ne Doms

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I want to play but I feel I'm missing some of the inside jokes and would just ruin this party.

Oh, me and Brain are just messin with each other. We do have inside jokes but we don't care, join in the fun!
Or, as I mentioned in the OP, I'm just as interested in a slightly more serious discussion on the trolling styles of either type. If you have any ENP friends and stories to tell of their antics, I'd love to hear about it :D

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Entp hands down winner, ENFP IMO suck at trolling. They do follow pretty good though.
Is my avatar and type information/signature not trolly enough for you? :newwink:
I'm totally killing Brain. In my world at least haha

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Entp hands down winner, ENFP IMO suck at trolling. They do follow pretty good though.

Thanks for the wise words Poki :D. Sadly Dreamer will not listen to intelligent and wise words as like all ENFPs he has a wiseness and intelligence blocker.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm an honorary INTP, so I'm now a part of this thread too. There is nothing you can do about it. Shut up.

Lol you have to be ENFP or ENTP to join this thread. You sure you can do Ne dom? :smile:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ENTPs win at starting threads that get themselves attention. ;)

We just aren't trolly people, us ENFPs. We're sincere as fuck, which is pretty much antithetical to trolling.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is inspired by @Cat Brainz aka Mr. Bat s#@*t Crazy... Hahaha that name just came to mind, kidding Brain! :D
But here we are, two Ne dominant types, who would win a boxing match for the trolliest of types? Ready, go!
ENTP trolling is more edgy, obvious, and therefore easier to spot and to counter. ENFP trolling is more indirect, harder to pin down, and therefore more insidious.

Is my avatar and type information/signature not trolly enough for you? :newwink:
I'm totally killing Brain. In my world at least haha
Do not confuse trolling with merely inaccurate.

Ha ha I never knew you was that trolly. Youve impressed me :) i gotta say and legit laughed out loud. Join me and we shlall beat ED together. I need a tag ream buddy since ED may be getting five sounds.
Some years ago, I had a colleague "Hank" who expected me to act as his personal IT support, tutoring him incessantly about things he should have known or at least learned after the first 4 times. One day, I rigged his computer to play an obnoxious Russian marketing routine on bootup, then for the modified files to be copied back to the orginals and the added files to be deleted, so he couldn't figure out what happened. Later that day, I was in the lab of another colleague, "Sam". Hank came in and proceeded to berate Sam for messing with his computer. I said nothing of course, just kept on with my work.

I had a friend in grad school who liked to walk around the place without her shoes. Her professor would do it, too. One day I hid her shoes in what I thought was an obvious place (her desk drawer). She insisted she could not find them, and went home in the sneakers from her gym bag.

A friend at work was going to be away for over a month for training. He sternly enjoined everyone in the group not to remove anything from his lab table during his absence. (Things often have a habit of going missing from experiments left unattended for long periods.) I noted that he said nothing about adding things to his table, so did exactly that the day before he returned. Predictably he was both peeved and amused by the clutter/additions.

When I was in high school, some of us in my class had so little respect for the student council that we nominated a fictitous candidate. The candidate made it onto the ballot and was elected, winning over several real students.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think ENTPs win at starting threads that get themselves attention. ;)

We just aren't trolly people, us ENFPs. We're sincere as fuck, which is pretty much antithetical to trolling.

Ugh, I hate it! I'll get into a trolling match with Brain on Discord or on the forum and it always ends with me retracting, thinking I've gone too far. To be honest, I'm not all too sure how to be a troll in the typical sense. When I "troll" I feel like I just end up cutting people down, like outright mean.

Though, I do see a parallel between ENTPs and ENFPs and I guess "trolling" isn't the current use. I do like to say outrageous things or to arrange bizarre scenes, as I've described in my previous work environment, for the sole purpose of seeing people's reactions, but to just dick with people like the more traditionally known use of the word "troll", eh, I genuinely don't know how to do that :huh:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Was laughing with my friend about this yesterday.

In highschool I had this science class and we had to write like a 3 page essay on our nutritional habits and I wrote something like.

Hi im eskimo. I weigh 3000 pounds. For breakfast every morning I eat 12 boxes of donuts and then fall on the floor and have a heart attack. The ambulance comes and it takes 50 men and a 4 stretchers to handle my girth.

And it went on like that for the whole paper. And I somehow got a C on it.

Other stuff too but later maybe.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENTP trolling is more edgy, obvious, and therefore easier to spot and to counter. ENFP trolling is more indirect, harder to pin down, and therefore more insidious.

Do not confuse trolling with merely inaccurate.

Some years ago, I had a colleague "Hank" who expected me to act as his personal IT support, tutoring him incessantly about things he should have known or at least learned after the first 4 times. One day, I rigged his computer to play an obnoxious Russian marketing routine on bootup, then for the modified files to be copied back to the orginals and the added files to be deleted, so he couldn't figure out what happened. Later that day, I was in the lab of another colleague, "Sam". Hank came in and proceeded to berate Sam for messing with his computer. I said nothing of course, just kept on with my work.

I had a friend in grad school who liked to walk around the place without her shoes. Her professor would do it, too. One day I hid her shoes in what I thought was an obvious place (her desk drawer). She insisted she could not find them, and went home in the sneakers from her gym bag.

A friend at work was going to be away for over a month for training. He sternly enjoined everyone in the group not to remove anything from his lab table during his absence. (Things often have a habit of going missing from experiments left unattended for long periods.) I noted that he said nothing about adding things to his table, so did exactly that the day before he returned. Predictably he was both peeved and amused by the clutter/additions.

When I was in high school, some of us in my class had so little respect for the student council that we nominated a fictitous candidate. The candidate made it onto the ballot and was elected, winning over several real students.

I knew it! I knew it! Cori has a troll hidden within. Your examples are actually more along the lines of what I'd do myself. I like to play these pranks or leave random things for people to find. Meanwhile, I would just go about my routine as if I had nothing to do with it, or that nothing out of the ordinary was different. For me, the pleasure comes in with messing with the ordinary, throwing a stick into the mud, not a spoke mind you, I'm not trying to totally dismantle the ordinary, just cause a mild disruption to the balance of things, and to see how things play out around me.

And what do you mean "inaccurate"?! Do you not think I have trolled [MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION] more than he has trolled me?? You mean to tell me I am failing miserably at this?? Who am I kidding, ENTPs have earned that stereotype for good reason. Well, time to make fettuccine alfredo!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trolling is a waste of time as it does not put food on the table.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm on a serious notice we have to see how Fi/Te vs Ti/Fe trolls hmmm. I troll using Ne/Ti as a tool (Coming up with trolly and outlandish theories such as hmm like say for example that gingers are not human but a subspecies of human just to shock or for example claiming that men are designed to ignore women for peace of mind and that men who take attention of women will have misery :D. Tert Fe also plays a role in ENTP trolling I find as we get childish enjoyment from playing with the social air so to speak so while a ESFJ for example is the master ace pilot who has no time for childish tricks with Fe the ENTP is the youthful exictful piolet who wants to have fun and be reckless with Fe.

As for ENFPs "trolling" :tongue::rofl1: I think hmmm they are more hmm about shocking people outright with tert Te than playfully manipulating with Fe. So for example an ENFP may hmmm like say something with Ne/Te to shock or they could troll people by digging with Fi to find something shameful about that person to make them lolz.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hmmm on a serious notice we have to see how Fi/Te vs Ti/Fe trolls hmmm. I troll using Ne/Ti as a tool (Coming up with trolly and outlandish theories such as hmm like say for example that gingers are not human but a subspecies of human just to shock or for example claiming that men are designed to ignore women for peace of mind and that men who take attention of women will have misery :D. Tert Fe also plays a role in ENTP trolling I find as we get childish enjoyment from playing with the social air so to speak so while a ESFJ for example is the master ace pilot who has no time for childish tricks with Fe the ENTP is the youthful exictful piolet who wants to have fun and be reckless with Fe. As for ENFPs "trolling" :tongue::rofl1: I think hmmm they are more hmm about shocking people outright with tert Te than playfully manipulating with Fe. So for example an ENFP may hmmm like say something with Ne/Te to shock or they could troll people by digging with Fi to find something shameful about that person to make them lolz.

Totally just saw this post Brain, thanks for your input! Interesting stuff on the two ENP differences :)

I agree too, like with how I troll people. Well, for one, I don't even consider it trolling, just playful really. But maybe that's a good way to distinguish the two, too. ENTPs troll in the more commonly known sense of the word, and ENFPs are playful, like teasing or providing that shock value as you describe. In the example I provided of when I worked at a retail store, I definitely had that shock value element in play. I feel I can troll using Fi, but for me, personally, that's a VERY slippery slope. I know you've laughed at my Fi trolling of you in the past, but I just felt so wrong doing so, since in my mind at least, the jokes were far too real and cutting, rather than simply teasing. I feel like Ne is this crazy and wild force, and opening the door to the Fi vault for someone I know, also allows for the hidden demons of my friends to get pulled out by me, and if they aren't even aware of those demons themselves, that's when I tend to mess up and end up hurting them in the process. That's happened way too often in the past and is why I don't even venture there for my humor anymore. Far too dangerous.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel I can troll using Fi, but for me, personally, that's a VERY slippery slope. I know you've laughed at my Fi trolling of you in the past, but I just felt so wrong doing so, since in my mind at least, the jokes were far too real and cutting, rather than simply teasing. I feel like Ne is this crazy and wild force, and opening the door to the Fi vault for someone I know, also allows for the hidden demons of my friends to get pulled out by me, and if they aren't even aware of those demons themselves, that's when I tend to mess up and end up hurting them in the process. That's happened way too often in the past and is why I don't even venture there for my humor anymore. Far too dangerous.
I can see what you mean here, but IME the main problem comes when someone teasing/trolling in that manner is unprepared for the return salvo and takes offense rather than either continuing the game or explicitly quitting. If you are going to dish it out, be prepared to take it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I can see what you mean here, but IME the main problem comes when someone teasing/trolling in that manner is unprepared for the return salvo and takes offense rather than either continuing the game or explicitly quitting. If you are going to dish it out, be prepared to take it.

A Master troller shoots and forgets, so there is no possibility to ever read the return salvo :)

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Me.. I get banned on three discord servers and one psychology forum