User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    where is this country full of Ps, i want to live there?

i'll swap you, i'm surrounded by bloody annoying, controlling, pedantic, dogmatic, narrow-minded, deadline-pushing, style-cramping, anal-retentive Js !!!!
    you almost made a thinking type cry... ok I lied... but I can very much relate to this

edit: actually you know what I find funny, the fact that Js often dislike Ps for the way they do things... but Ps only dislike Js because they keep trying to change the way we do things and won't accept that our way is just as good

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    edit: actually you know what I find funny, the fact that Js often dislike Ps for the way they do things... but Ps only dislike Js because they keep trying to change the way we do things and won't accept that our way is just as good
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think intimidation has more to do with being NT than anything else. According to my wife people find me intimidating even though they find me likable as well. It seems like a weird combination to me.
    I know what you mean but here I am talking about J-P .
    I think that deficit of spontaneity can freak them out sometimes.
    Also the behaviour that is typical Js can be too harsh for them.

This is just a observation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

I don't like to keep myself closed to options. Things can change at any given point in time, and I prefer to stay open so that I can change right along with it. I generally like going with the flow and find it irritating when someone seems to dislike that attitude. lol I actually have to say that it's pretty sweet all in all.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    There were some threads about other letters but I think this was never done for the P.

I am trying to understand why they like spontaneous behaviour and dislike or don't want too much organisation around them.

This should be enough to get us started.
    Do we even dare to argue that by all accounts, you are a "P" since you dominate with a perceiving function (Ni) and since Myers-Briggs only proposes that we should develop our auxililary to be healthy, she never implied that it was a given? Ergo, you may be better at telling dominant judging types (Ti/Fi) what it's like.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

If you look up something too much it takes time and you can better aim at what comes across, you'll come across that other thing later.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Do we even dare to argue that by all accounts, you are a "P" since you dominate with a perceiving function (Ni) and since Myers-Briggs only proposes that we should develop our auxililary to be healthy, she never implied that it was a given? Ergo, you may be better at telling dominant judging types (Ti/Fi) what it's like.
    Well I was talking about J-P in a standard way. But I guess that this is one way of looking at the things.

On the other hand I have very very well developed Te and Te is not exactly a perciving function. (as far as I know)

MBTI
    infp

Default PPPPPP!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    where is this country full of Ps, i want to live there?

i'll swap you, i'm surrounded by bloody annoying, controlling, pedantic, dogmatic, narrow-minded, deadline-pushing, style-cramping, anal-retentive Js !!!!
    Ditto! Funny I was going to come home tonight and start a thread re how ps cope with very strong Js!

To me alot of P is about being open minded - enjoying imagining the possibilities and going with the flow. Schedules and timetables feel like a straightjacket. I've had a two hour meeting today to set my workload plan for the next year - its the stuff of nightmares for me personally! I know however that at work I have to plan and be responsible so I do - (I work with a couple of Ps who dont at all and drive everybody insane)

At home though and in my personal life I dont - I cant bear it - and have very little routine at all really.

I have a couple of J friends who plan their housework, weekend activities, visits to friends, content of their wardrobe etc - arrrgghhh!!!

I enjoy the NP partnership because the possibilities are endless!!
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    TiSe

Well I was talking about J-P in a standard way. But I guess that this is one way of looking at the things.

On the other hand I have very very well developed Te and Te is not exactly a perciving function. (as far as I know)
    Good point, but keep in mind based on your own auxiliary do you strongly consider yourself orderly all of the time and planful? I personally am not that spontaneous but not as deliberate as ITJs, and although I would loathe being micromanaged I prefer organization and structure.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I know what you mean but here I am talking about J-P .
    I think that deficit of spontaneity can freak them out sometimes.
    Also the behaviour that is typical Js can be too harsh for them.

This is just a observation.
    To me J's may seem harsh only in that they are more definite about things that they really should not be definite about. It can make them look like simpletons. However, I think intimidation comes more from the T/F dimension. I can see how an FP would find a TJ intimidating, but I think it has more to do with T and F.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com