• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Those with no romantic partner... do you have a specific type in mind for a romance?

type in mind?

• Yes

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Due to my ignorance of meeting all the types, I would go with another INFJ or ENFP. ENFP is very stereotypical match-up for my type, but to go on a very general basis, ENFP would probably win my heart. Not to say that I won't accept anyone else. I think I could fall in love with any type really, well unless... they never smile.. as you can see I really like smiling. :D
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]
Its okay, its her personal opinion and its her own subjective situation. You are not her.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Actually, [MENTION=24085]great_bay[/MENTION], I've thought it over a bit...and I would say that I have a type that I would tend to enjoy more in a relationship. I can't say that I'd be looking for them specifically, but in one-on-one scenarios, I tend to enjoy being with an extravert more. They tend to draw me out of my own world and into another one. And then there's always enough energy for me to "leech" off of. For example, I have an ENF friend and he has been really great at getting me to do new things.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can a cognitive function be selfish?
If you don't like it, you don't do it, where as the TJ will end up doing it. You actually do stuff, but only what you want, not what you have been asked of. So lets add some numbers to it, so that you can "see" it. The NFP might end up doing 30% of what asked of where as the TJ will end up doing 70% of what their asked of. So who ends up doing most of the work? But don't listen to me...
Explanation of Problems

Its not an uncommon tendency for the INFP to look to the external world primarily for information that will support their ideas and values. However, if this tendency is given free reign, the resulting INFP personality is too self-centered to be happy or successful. Since the INFP's dominant function to their personality is Introverted Feeling, they must balance this with an auxiliary Extraverted iNtuitive function. The INFP takes in information via Extraverted iNtuition. This is also the INFP's primary way of dealing with the external world. If the INFP uses Extraverted iNtuition only to serve the purposes of Introverted Feeling, then the INFP is not using Extraversion effectively at all. As a result, the INFP does not take in enough information about the external world to have a good sense of what's going on. They see nothing but their own perspective, and deal with the world only so far as they need to in order to support their perspective. These individuals usually come across as selfish and unrealistic. Depending on how serious the problem is, they may appear to be anything from "a bit eccentric" to "way out there". Many times other people are unable to understand or relate to these people.

source: INFP Personal Growth

Au contraire, it means I have to say stuff like, "We already have 5 cats, so we cannot rescue another." Certainly I am the "bad" guy, but yelling is not necessary. Things are pretty relaxed with FPs. Dont be jealous that our double pairing is like Disneyland.

There was nothing about lazy bum...sounds like projection of your own self-criticism? Or some anger towards an ex?
:dry: Try again. But will you ever see my point of view?

Other types don't "hurt" me when they try to micro-manage, they just become annoying because they dont see the method to the madness. Fe guilt-tripping and manipulation tends to equally not work with me, and then they are the ones who lose their minds.

No, it doesnt make me lazy to not care that my home doesnt look like a Martha Stewart magazine cover. But yeah, I do want someone else to unload the dishswasher if I promise to scrub the toilet.
:shock: in writing? You realise you shot yourself in the foot there, but as I know, the INFP will invent some excuse to weasel out of that one. Heh, Ne is used for something huh?

:shock:
Is this about your inferior Se again?
Let's see...indulging oneself and being out of touch with factual reality...yep, inferior Se. Not taking action and exploring opportunities as they arise....more inferior Se. Criticism of just doing stuff and not overthinking it beforehand? Fear of Se, perhaps.
Hey, leave my over indulging alone, you and your INFP gang are the cause of my stress. (yes and you know why)

Me? I get paid to do creative stuff. That's my job, along with volunteering 15 hours a week. No one gets mad at me for not doing stuff....they get mad at me when I get sick because I dont slow down and rest. Tell me how I'm lazy again? You are playing your role well, though ;).
Congratulations, do you want a lollipop for that?

No, try a case of people doing plenty, but ruining their credit in the process. ;)
It's a curse being useful in this life.

What makes you think P types don't DO anything? Just cuz we dont organize our sock drawers doesnt mean we don't do anything.
More like FP types in general. Yes, I just did that.

Am I not an FP? Hence, the need for someone to tolerate me ;).
Vanity :nice:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] Your baggage is showing.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you don't like it, you don't do it, where as the TJ will end up doing it. You actually do stuff, but only what you want, not what you have been asked of. So lets add some numbers to it, so that you can "see" it. The NFP might end up doing 30% of what asked of where as the TJ will end up doing 70% of what their asked of. So who ends up doing most of the work? But don't listen to me...

:dry: Try again. But will you ever see my point of view?

:shock: in writing? You realise you shot yourself in the foot there, but as I know, the INFP will invent some excuse to weasel out of that one. Heh, Ne is used for something huh?

Hey, leave my over indulging alone, you and your INFP gang are the cause of my stress. (yes and you know why)

Congratulations, do you want a lollipop for that?

It's a curse being useful in this life.

More like FP types in general. Yes, I just did that.

Vanity :nice:

I think this is meant for your ex (or current) INFP girlfriend, not me. I certainly dont deserve it, nor does it apply. So much for being cheeky...

:thumbdown:

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think my soulmate (if you believe in such things, i don't) is likely an ISFP somewhere...

Qre:us

In the "Type and Intimacy" book? Ya, I read that part, and I found myself bristling at some of the stereotyping. So I had to remind myself it was just very loose generalizing with limited ability to reflect the depth of information I was hoping to find. I don't think I know any INFPs who enjoy being bossed around! His need for schedules and seeing tangible results in real-world to-do projects though can really tax me, but I do try to find a good compromise, as does he. When I was younger, I was not as good at this balance though and I did try to do things his way rather than mine, because he seemed to care more and I wanted to please him. I can still get unbalanced from time to time, and I know it's happening when I start to feel resentful of his lack of awareness as to how bendy I am being to his neediness in this way.

In the end, any partner is going to require bendiness somewhere I guess; there will always be one area that's a particular challenge point.

I remember now that you and your husband are the same type as my parents, INFP mother/ESTJ dad.

I can confirm that INFPs do not like to get bossed around. They are willing to give, be flexible, determine which ones are not worth the hassle to challenge, seem quiet, and easy-going, and then, BAM, you just hit an immovable, inflexible ball of stubbornness, and its throbbing with pent up frustration and outrage at being pushed and pushed.

As I see with my dad, when he's trying to get my mom to do something (FOR EFFICIENCY!!), it can turn into a spectacle of herding cats.

A caricature of a fight/conversation between them.

Dad: I want to be done with replacing the chandeliers. Need to go look at some at the store. Let's go this afternoon.
Mom: Great, okay.
Dad: Good, so you'll get ready then?
Mom: Yes.
Dad: Okay, I'll mow the lawn, and fix the hose, in the meantime.
Mom: Okay.
*1 hr later*
Dad: Are you ready?
Mom: Yes, going to get ready now.
Dad: What do you mean going to get ready now? What have you been doing for the past hour?
Mom: *lists of random things, plus, needing to rest for a bit.*
Dad: *loses his cool* *rants* I can't work like this. You are making it seem like my time is not valuable, and I'm to wait around for you? You're just making me waste my time!
Mom: You didn't wait around, nor waste time. You got the lawn mowed, and the hose fixed. Didn't you?
*argument escalates*
Dad: You know what? Forget it. You can figure out the chandeliers on your own. It is officially OFF my to-do list. Not my problem anymore. I want nothing to do with this!!
Mom: *coolly responding* Fine, I'll manage it on my own.

*a day later*

Dad to mom: So, what's happening with the chandeliers?

:doh:

It's like it bothers him, like a psychosomatic pain, not being able to cross something off his to-do list, and the fact that others are not getting in line/cooperating to get the task finished, just puts him on edge, while for my mom, things on the to-do list don't always bother her/gnaw at her, in terms of needing to stick to a strict schedule, so she's good to let it be for a while.

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
I remember now that you and your husband are the same type as my parents, INFP mother/ESTJ dad.

I can confirm that INFPs do not like to get bossed around. They are willing to give, be flexible, determine which ones are not worth the hassle to challenge, seem quiet, and easy-going, and then, BAM, you just hit an immovable, inflexible ball of stubbornness, and its throbbing with pent up frustration and outrage at being pushed and pushed.

As I see with my dad, when he's trying to get my mom to do something (FOR EFFICIENCY!!), it can turn into a spectacle of herding cats.

Dad: I want to be done with replacing the chandeliers. Need to go look at some at the store. Let's go this afternoon.
*1 hr later*
Dad: What do you mean going to get ready now? What have you been doing for the past hour?
Dad: *loses his cool* *rants* I can't work like this. You are making it seem like my time is not valuable, and I'm to wait around for you? You're just making me waste my time!
Mom: You didn't wait around, nor waste time. You got the lawn mowed, and the hose fixed. Didn't you?
*argument escalates*
Dad: You know what? Forget it. You can figure out the chandeliers on your own. It is officially OFF my to-do list. Not my problem anymore. I want nothing to do with this!!

*a day later*

It's like it bothers him, like a psychosomatic pain, not being able to cross something off his to-do list, and the fact that others are not getting in line/cooperating to get the task finished, just puts him on edge, while for my mom, things on the to-do list don't always bother her/gnaw at her, in terms of needing to stick to a strict schedule, so she's good to let it be for a while.

This sounds like my ex and I.. Only we are enfp/entj, and he'd be more likely to just demand I do something and then blow up when I didn't. Well, if it's that important to you , do it yourself and don't ask me! I often reminded him that I wasn't his assistant, I didn't work for him.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think this is meant for your ex (or current) INFP girlfriend, not me. I certainly dont deserve it, nor does it apply. So much for being cheeky...

:thumbdown:

In general, denialism works wonders. :thumbup:

á´…eparted

passages
I feel like an ESTP would be ideal. I also don't think I could work well with an NP. Ne drives me insane pretty quickly with close contact in the majority of individuals.

I could go for any type though. What matters is if I click with them or not.

Mane

Permabanned
Looking over the 16 types... They are all kind of horrible dating material. Can we have more to choose from please?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

*1 hr later*
*argument escalates*

*a day later*

E9 strategy. Don't relate as a 4. I see my ISFP e9 step-dad do stuff like that a lot. I also wouldnt call him healthy.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intp e5
Istj or infp 9w1 (she has to be a 9)

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I feel like an ESTP would be ideal. I also don't think I could work well with an NP. Ne drives me insane pretty quickly with close contact in the majority of individuals.

I could go for any type though. What matters is if I click with them or not.

So what about an INFP?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not too picky when it comes to type. It's other things that bother me more that keep me single. :dry:

Although I feel like an Fe-dom would keep my ducks in a row.