User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Some more than others, especially ones that share my enneagram type as well. I feel like a lot of the differences have to do with background and lifestyle, I feel more of a cultural difference than a personality one a lot of the time.

Not really.
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was looking at the similar minds tests and find that it's a good indicator of who I connect with -- basically those with the RCAxI setting with a focus on Inquisitive (as opposed to other indicators in the type). That kind of equals the INxP with an N focus in the MBTI.
    The last time I took the test, I got RCEUI. That being said, I just had a bad break-up with an SFP. When i read the descriptions, I'm probably more Accomodating than Egocentric these days. I don't feel like taking the test.

I don't necessarily identify with INTPs, but I find I'm more likely to identify with XNTPs than with other types. I don't care about projecting an image of rebellion, which seems to be something that happens with the folks at INTP Central. I suppose it's that I don't see the point in rebellion if all it means is that I have to conform to something different. Like, i don't feel like I've missed out on something because I haven't smoked salvia or something. I don't care if someone smokes salvia, but stop insisting that it's some awesome thing that everyone needs to try if they're truly interested in expanding their minds.

Actually, I think that's more of an issue I have with youth (including 20-something) culture than with something inherently INTP. Just because I don't like some things about society, that doesn't mean I have to do everything the opposite of the way society expects me to.

I like making friends with people who are just themselves, and don't care about some stupid trendy bourgeois hipster "image."
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I can relate to every type, really. Cus we all individuals.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I think I'm virtually interchangeable with the other (actual) ENTJs on the forum. Especially the women.

*pours one out for @YWIR*
    I'd have to disagree. You consistently come across as more subdued and mellow than other ENTJs.

In my case...I've gotten along with the other ISFPs I know and have typed as such, but I would not say that I identify with them.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

I don't identify with any particular type. "What is it like seeing others cluster into their own little type communities"? From the outside looking in, silly, but whatever floats people's boats. I have no inclination to tell them to do otherwise. I see facets of my personality reflected by people of all 'type', and I see great differences between people of one 'type'. Categorizing one's self and agglomerating with others who have done the same seems... well, as I said, silly.

I think some people become too attached to the labels for their own good. Particularly when they become dismissive of, create their own put-downs for or act outright hateful toward certain other types.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

We have a lot to talk about regarding the MBTI, and we have similar senses of humor. However, I generally have little in common with them, and I usually find them boring irl.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    The last time I took the test, I got RCEUI.
    Doh. We are both detail challenged. I think the correct variations are RCUEI and RCUAI.

Anyway, you got RCUEI and so did I, but I usually class as RCUxI and have gotten A a few times as well. I consider myself more of an Accommodator overall, although less than I used to be.

I don't necessarily identify with INTPs, but I find I'm more likely to identify with XNTPs than with other types. I don't care about projecting an image of rebellion, which seems to be something that happens with the folks at INTP Central.
    Me either. I'm not anti-authority, I'm just indifferent to the point of going along if I think it will be useful to do so and only pushing back if I have a clear reason to do so. For too many, it comes off as a "chip on the shoulder" kind of thing.

Actually, I think that's more of an issue I have with youth (including 20-something) culture than with something inherently INTP. Just because I don't like some things about society, that doesn't mean I have to do everything the opposite of the way society expects me to.
    Well, I'll say... things don't change. People in that age gap from any generation are known for pushing back against authority just to establish their own independence.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    I'd have to disagree. You consistently come across as more subdued and mellow than other ENTJs.
    Agreed. Pretty low-key ENTJ, to the point I had to be reminded of the typing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    I have a bad habit of overstating the case, but I do find we all tend to think along the same lines. When there were more active ENTJs on the forum one of them would post in a thread, I'd read what they have to say, and pretty much feel my work had been done for me.

Really, it's an instinctual thing. I'll interact with someone and recognize pretty quickly we're of the same tribe, or not. The few other ENTJs I've met irl seem to pick up that same resonance from me as well. I once had what was supposed to be a 30 minute interview with a 3 star general turn into a nearly 5 hour conversation, because despite having no outward similarities to speak of, this much older man and I knew that there was that connection. My colleague who had worked on site with the guy for almost a year was so blown away by it that he actually asked if I'd fucked him or something. The guy apparently had a rep for being ruthless with how he spent his time and pretty much a bastard to anyone who he didn't have immediate use for, and here he was doling out life advice and wanting to discuss Keats like I was one of his kids or something.

My point really was that while Te-Ni is a frankly fairly uncommon viewpoint to have, it's also distinctive and consistent. The way you think is unusual enough that you're kinda grateful when you come across someone like you, but definite enough that there's no mistaking it when you have. Or perhaps I'm just weird and lonely and want to believe there's a place for me with others somewhere. Who knows.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ENFPs: a lot, minus some of the people pleasing tendencies and need for acceptance present in many of them
    7s in general: a lot (the ones who are correctly typed at least. I don't relate to the stereotypical stand-up comedy impression of type 7 that seems to be so common)
    7w6s: not very much. I actually relate a lot more to most 7w8s (sans the excessive impulsiveness and physical provocation)
    3w4 fixers: a lot. I'm a pretentious bitch and love giving off a dark, professional and subtly sexy image. that said, I'm much lazier than most 3w4 fixers
    1w9 fixers: on the surface, no; internally, yes. I exhibit quite a bit of reaction formation and respond to anger like a judge (for example, I'm more than willing to be quite punitive, but only if the person is deserving and I've verified that they are guilty)
    Sx/Sp: I'm a little more grounded and professionally oriented than most Sx/Sps, but on the inside I relate to them completely. my insides feel like a pressure cooker of fiery energy contained by a levy of Sp, with cracks in this levy periodically resulting in high pressure streams of energy. so much of me wants to just wander away with a star crossed lover, forget about the world and never look back, but someone's gotta be able to pay the bills.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire