User Tag List

First 789

Results 81 to 90 of 90

  1. #81
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    But what was your style of arguing?
    i guess just sort of laying out the fact as i saw them...i definitely don't pick apart someones argument. i'm more likely to just steam roll right over them with my own argument.

    i feel actually really bad about it. when i'm in that frame of mind i can barely muster up enough energy to give a shit at all what the other person has to say....because they're just wrong.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #82
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i guess just sort of laying out the fact as i saw them...i definitely don't pick apart someones argument. i'm more likely to just steam roll right over them with my own argument.

    i feel actually really bad about it. when i'm in that frame of mind i can barely muster up enough energy to give a shit at all what the other person has to say....because they're just wrong.
    It doesn't look as though we are defining arguing in the same way. I'm talking about an intellectual argument, not a domestic dispute.

  3. #83
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It doesn't look as though we are defining arguing in the same way. I'm talking about an intellectual argument, not a domestic dispute.
    haha domestic dispute. that struck me funny for some reason.

    well the basic principle is still there. laying out the facts and aiming to convince you of them rather then pick your argument apart.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #84
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha domestic dispute. that struck me funny for some reason.

    well the basic principle is still there. laying out the facts and aiming to convince you of them rather then pick your argument apart.
    Umm...I guess.

  5. #85
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It doesn't look as though we are defining arguing in the same way. I'm talking about an intellectual argument, not a domestic dispute.
    When I originally read that xNTPs liked to argue, I assumed a domestic dispute, as well. I know that I go for damage control in those situations, trying to cool the other person's rage. Anger is such a scary emotion, I don't like to be anywhere near it if I could possibly be a target.

  6. #86
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    When I originally read that xNTPs liked to argue, I assumed a domestic dispute, as well. I know that I go for damage control in those situations, trying to cool the other person's rage. Anger is such a scary emotion, I don't like to be anywhere near it if I could possibly be a target.
    I don't like those kinds of arguments, if that's what you mean, although sometimes, I think they are necessary. People aren't always going to agree... expecting to not have fights strikes me as unrealistic and setting yourself up for failure.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #87
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't like those kinds of arguments, if that's what you mean, although sometimes, I think they are necessary. People aren't always going to agree... expecting to not have fights strikes me as unrealistic and setting yourself up for failure.
    I don't really see why not. If something is important, couldn't differences be put aside at least temporarily? I used to have a little spark in me that made me stick to a principal, but it's been long gone. I spend a lot of time ponderging if there is even such a thing as right or wrong. Currently, I am unsure of a lot of things.

  8. #88
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I don't really see why not. If something is important, couldn't differences be put aside at least temporarily? I used to have a little spark in me that made me stick to a principal, but it's been long gone. I spend a lot of time ponderging if there is even such a thing as right or wrong. Currently, I am unsure of a lot of things.
    Ignoring a principle or a personal conviction is always something I've come to regret.... but that's not what I mean by "relationship arguments" (how i was interpreting domestic disputes).

    I think verbal confrontation is better than repressed rage. Problems don't go away just because I ignore them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #89
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i think confrontation just means you care enough to resolve an issue coming between true understanding. i wouldn't bother to confront people if i found no value in it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #90
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    When I originally read that xNTPs liked to argue, I assumed a domestic dispute, as well. I know that I go for damage control in those situations, trying to cool the other person's rage. Anger is such a scary emotion, I don't like to be anywhere near it if I could possibly be a target.
    Entp's aren't like red-neck, white-trash hillbillies on cops, lol. That's not what they meant by arguing at all. It means that they like to debate mostly. They like to argue about scholarly and academic topics mostly. ENTP's like to argue with people because ENTP's use Ti. Ti is a function that must clearly understand and define things. The more time that an ENTP has dedicated to understanding something, the more they will argue to prove that they are right about something when someone tries to say that they are wrong. Again Ti must define and understand things, and when you say that they are wrong, you are potentially saying that their understanding is wrong, and this means war!

    EDIT: It's much like when you say to an ENFP that their moral values are wrong. ENFP's spend a lot of time constantly thinking about their values and what they believe in. By saying that their values are wrong, or that they don't make sense is the equivalent to saying that an ENTP's logical understanding of an issue is wrong. For ENFP's, these means war!

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM
  2. Do Ti and Te map onto deduction vs. induction?
    By funtensity in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 03:15 PM
  3. Ti and Te
    By Silveresque in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
  4. Could I have mixed Ti and Te?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO