User Tag List

First 123 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    There isn't an overabundance of N's on the internet, there's an overabundance of N's interested in discussing the MBTI.
    Nope. On internet forums with a random sampling of people interested in some random subject I have seen, repeatedly, that the vast majority are INXX types when a thread about testing came up.

Granted I am a biased source since I frequent fora that appeal to me, and I'm very strong on INT. Therefore, another INXX would probably be just as interested in it as I am.

This is way too basic to really go with just this, but there it is.

You also get the odd ENFP, most of whom mysteriously like introvert activities, or at least the ones you find on the internet do.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

You also get the odd ENFP, most of whom mysteriously like introvert activities, or at least the ones you find on the internet do.

And yes, I think it's probably true that Ns tend generally to be more interested in things like MBTI. And introverts, at least according to popular opinion, seem to generally like message boards like this one.

autumn

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Nope. On internet forums with a random sampling of people interested in some random subject I have seen, repeatedly, that the vast majority are INXX types when a thread about testing came up.

Granted I am a biased source since I frequent fora that appeal to me, and I'm very strong on INT. Therefore, another INXX would probably be just as interested in it as I am.

This is way too basic to really go with just this, but there it is.

Just to clarify, I meant using the internet in general and not just posting on forums. I don't doubt that there would be a prevalence of INXX's on most forums, though there would be significant exceptions.

In other words, basically what Happy said. Though I look at random topics on wikipedia all the time.
    No offense.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Just to clarify, I meant using the internet in general and not just posting on forums. I don't doubt that there would be a prevalence of INXX's on most forums, though there would be significant exceptions.

In other words, basically what Happy said. Though I look at random topics on wikipedia all the time.
    It may be an effect of who works on the internet, too. INTXs often write software.

The percentage should be pretty similar to general population percentages across North America, Europe, and Australia (at least the English-speaking portion of the internet), though there will be a lot more introverts represented in samples due to spending more time using it. Most of the Sensors are on the large social networking sites, e-commerce sites, wallpaper sites, etc, that do not interest us as much.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Sites like Myspace and Facebook tend to throw off the curve. Now that internet access is so abundant, the user ratio is probably much closer to national averages, as Wolf estimates.

Pre-Myspace you would probably find that the user demographic was mostly NTs.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Sites like Myspace and Facebook tend to throw off the curve. Now that internet access is so abundant, the user ratio is probably much closer to national averages, as Wolf estimates.

Agreed. Particularly among contributors, though I think this is still true to some extent (useful contributions, at least).

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Default SJ here on the intarwebs

I lurk a lot but don't post often. I guess it's because I think most contributions are silly and a waste of time, such as birthday posts or a post about what kind of shoes I have or why people don't like a certain kind of music. I only post when I have a strong opinion about something, generally, or am wasting time (like I am right now). I'd rather not add to a thread than make a 1-sentence comment.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm a lot busier with real-life things now that summer's here, so maybe it's the same for the others - I haven't seen many of the S's around here for a while, actually.

I have also found that along with my declining time here, the topics discussed are losing interest for me, which could be for any number of reasons, most of which are probably unique to me, so please don't take it personally. As a result I've been spending most of my free time doing offline activities that interest me more, mostly social stuff and yard work.

I'll probably post more when I get bored in real life or the topics start interesting me again (or both). I did enjoy the forum for a long time, and wasted spent a lot of time here.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post

Yeah, I think this is true. IRL I also find that my S friends could care less about MBTI. They simply would rather talk about other things. I also belong to several Phylosopy type groups and a Poet group. They are all N's.

Also note, how there are very few (if any) S MBTI forums like this one. There is an ENTP forum, an active INFP forum, of course the all encomposing INTP Central. But S's, in general just aren't interested in MBTI. Maybe because it's very abstract.
    INFP
    4w3 SX

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Warp View Post
    That definitely accounts for bunch of the INs. But, I think a percentage of the INTxs on the internet are full of it. The "claimers" I bring up in my original post LOVE to talk about their inherent genius, as if being an NT automatically makes you one. I even read a post somewhere in which some kid was talking about how cool and advantageous it is to have "no emotions". What? Damn noobs! It's about as maddening as people diagnosing themselves with a mental illness because it seems cool to them.

In retrospect, it's mainly the apparent INTs that I'm suspicious of. I'm sure that most of the INTs on the internet are genuine, but, there are definitely some that have no idea what they are talking about.
    I don't like INTs claiming they have no emotions -- first of all, it's not advantageous at all, and second of all, it's just plain not true. NTs in general tend to use their heads when making final decisions (as opposed to the heart, tradition, or whims), and while that may end up with good outcomes, chance or flaws in decision-making can turn the outcomes bad. NTs definitely have emotions but they tend to ignore them in favor of what they perceive to be 'logical' -- if they get along, great, if they don't, well, that's just too bad for the NTs feelings. Too much ignoring can strand an NT up a river without a paddle, leading to such awful things like psychosomatic illnesses and states that they don't know how to get themselves out of because they have such little experience there.

And usually, INTJs (the real ones, at least) tend to feel a lot more emotional and idealistic than what generally shows. Some of them even like to fancy themselves friendly and are quite surprised when this is not how they're perceived by others. Dunno about INTPs, though.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge