User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    For instance, Elfboy found a point of contention with his parents after a sneaky tryst. If he developed some communication skills to convey his feelings about the tryst both honestly and respectfully, then perhaps the process would have not only been smoother, but more enjoyable for everyone involved, including his interest of intimacy who was apparently swept under the carpet like an object of shame. And yes @Elfboy, I am hijacking stories of your personal life for my own agenda. You left the keys in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Ginkgo
    - it was not "sneaky". it was just none of their business
    - I did not "sweep anyone under the table"
    - I was plenty respectful, I just told them straight "none of your business means none of your business. that means don't bring it up again"
    I do not appreciate your patronizing assumptions. they are unwarranted and i did not provide you with enough information to make that kind of judgement. also, the next time you want to insult someone, be more direct and frank as opposed to trying to make it look like an impersonal point solely made to be relevant to the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I don't want to insult anyone, Elfboy, nor did I insult anyone. However, if your parents have the right to be frank, and you tell them not to, that's not very respectful of their rights. I will express myself however I deem fit. Thank you.
    For educational purposes - that above exchange is SATURATED with Fi. Can you feel it??
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    For educational purposes - that above exchange is SATURATED with Fi. Can you feel it??
    No
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    yupp

*pokes fe users with a stick* hmmmm......hmmmm...huh.....hmmm.uh-huh.....hmmmm
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    *pokes fe users with a stick* hmmmm......hmmmm...huh.....hmmm.uh-huh.....hmmmm
    why do INFPs like to poke us with sticks
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    why do INFPs like to poke us with sticks
    do you fnd it sexay? bebe
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you fnd it sexay? bebe
    be careful I poke back
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i am talking about both i guess. how do fe users process emotions...it seems as tho...it's more of a ti fi thing. or maybe that's the only way i can understand it. because te and fe just aren't personal...so...how could they be the important functions to discuss when talking about processing emotions?? i keep going in and out of being clear on this...
    Hmm.. I really don't know, and I'm also the wrong person to talk to about this because I have some issues with the theory.

As for processing emotions, I've found over the years that for me it's best for me to let them be...they are what they are, and often-times the only way I can truly process them and be at peace with things is not to resist them, but to accept them, almost as 'facts', not push them away, and just ride them through completion. For example Sadness/mourning... embrace that, no matter how hard and sucky it is to deal with it/face it/be filled with those emotions. Letting them 'be', for me, means they lose their power over me and I process them more easily. Fighting them, for me, usually leads to anxiety/judgment, which means that the whole process is lengthened. I think part of it for me has been learning that the negative emotions are a part of life, and sometimes I just have to be immersed in them because they are what they are. It's ok to be depressed or whatever. I used to be much more consumed with the cyclical nature of emotions, too, in that I always knew that sometime down the road I'd once again have to face really negative experiences/feelings. At one time that knowledge caused me so much anxiety and tiredness that I could hardly stand knowing that my life was going to be a continual series of ups and downs. But once I realized that the downs are never a permanent down, the cycle element lost its power/force, and I was ok knowing that there would be future pain/challenge/emotional downs, because having gotten through previous downs back into the up, I knew that no future down would be permanent and there was always joy and loveliness in store for me in the future too. And with all of this, I was able to better ride everything out, because I have a solid belief that this too shall pass. With this too, the downs aren't as down as they once were - they just are. They'll never not suck, but they don't impact me as heavily as they once did. Or, it's different. I don't know. Of course there's also a bittersweet element, knowing that the highs can never be maintained either, and sometimes the flat stagnation can be just as bad as the negative, in some ways, but... yeah.

That was long. lol. And I'll resist editing it/cleaning it up.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I almost puked.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Hmm.. I really don't know, and I'm also the wrong person to talk to about this because I have some issues with the theory.

As for processing emotions, I've found over the years that for me it's best for me to let them be...they are what they are, and often-times the only way I can truly process them and be at peace with things is not to resist them, but to accept them, almost as 'facts', not push them away, and just ride them through completion. For example Sadness/mourning... embrace that, no matter how hard and sucky it is to deal with it/face it/be filled with those emotions. Letting them 'be', for me, means they lose their power over me and I process them more easily. Fighting them, for me, usually leads to anxiety/judgment, which means that the whole process is lengthened. I think part of it for me has been learning that the negative emotions are a part of life, and sometimes I just have to be immersed in them because they are what they are. It's ok to be depressed or whatever. I used to be much more consumed with the cyclical nature of emotions, too, in that I always knew that sometime down the road I'd once again have to face really negative experiences/feelings. At one time that knowledge caused me so much anxiety and tiredness that I could hardly stand knowing that my life was going to be a continual series of ups and downs. But once I realized that the downs are never a permanent down, the cycle element lost its power/force, and I was ok knowing that there would be future pain/challenge/emotional downs, because having gotten through previous downs back into the up, I knew that no future down would be permanent and there was always joy and loveliness in store for me in the future too. And with all of this, I was able to better ride everything out, because I have a solid belief that this too shall pass. Of course there's also a bittersweet element, knowing that the highs can never be maintained either, and sometimes the flat stagnation can be just as bad as the negative, in some ways, but... yeah.

I dont fight them, I just keep going on with life and let them just run in the background. Sometimes they get really bad and push there way to the foreground, but not very often.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post

As for processing emotions, I've found over the years that for me it's best for me to let them be...they are what they are, and often-times the only way I can truly process them and be at peace with things is not to resist them, but to accept them, almost as 'facts', not push them away, and just ride them through completion. For example Sadness/mourning... embrace that, no matter how hard and sucky it is to deal with it/face it/be filled with those emotions. Letting them 'be', for me, means they lose their power over me and I process them more easily. Fighting them, for me, usually leads to anxiety/judgment, which means that the whole process is lengthened. I think part of it for me has been learning that the negative emotions are a part of life, and sometimes I just have to be immersed in them because they are what they are. It's ok to be depressed or whatever. I used to be much more consumed with the cyclical nature of emotions, too, in that I always knew that sometime down the road I'd once again have to face really negative experiences/feelings. At one time that knowledge caused me so much anxiety and tiredness that I could hardly stand knowing that my life was going to be a continual series of ups and downs. But once I realized that the downs are never a permanent down, the cycle element lost its power/force, and I was ok knowing that there would be future pain/challenge/emotional downs, because having gotten through previous downs back into the up, I knew that no future down would be permanent and there was always joy and loveliness in store for me in the future too. And with all of this, I was able to better ride everything out, because I have a solid belief that this too shall pass. With this too, the downs aren't as down as they once were - they just are. They'll never not suck, but they don't impact me as heavily as they once did. Or, it's different. I don't know. Of course there's also a bittersweet element, knowing that the highs can never be maintained either, and sometimes the flat stagnation can be just as bad as the negative, in some ways, but... yeah.

yeah i feel the same...and this does just read...human. like...it's not in any way about any functions.

so...what the hell does it mean?? that emotions are very much separate from values? are they? are they for me? i can't tell now...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison