First 12

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I meant perception that someone tells me(me perceiving their message) or perceptions that might be different than they actually are. If i see a giant flying lizard, im not going to instantly believe that its real, because there are much more likely explanations for this. This news headline forexample "earth like planet has been found" and a picture of earth like planet, first of all this type of news headlines are pretty much always bullshit and the picture has to be some artists impression of what it might be like, so i wanna read the story before buying this as the truth, well turns out that they have found a planet thats at the right distance from a star for there to be able to develop some life on, that is if the other factors are right on it, turns out they got no ida what type of planet it is and only thing they know about it is the distance from star..
    But naturally if some friend of mine(who i know will investigate it further than the news headline) told me that they found this planet thats optimal for life i wouldnt be as skeptical about it.
    Then it was an idea. Skepticism towards one's own perceptions are rare. If you claimed to have seen Bigfoot, I would be more skeptical than if I myself thought I saw Bigfoot.

Of course the science headlines are going to be sensationalistic, and the beautiful artistic interpretations of extra-solar systems are there just to look pretty and get our imaginative juices flowing. But to be skeptical about life on other planets is another thing altogether, because it is just an idea.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

I'm skeptical of nearly everything, but it's not that I instantly sort it as rubbish. I just take things with a grain of salt and know that it's possible for them to be or not to be and until I am presented with something that convinces me, I have that bit of skepticism in the back of my mind.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    I'm skeptical of nearly everything, but it's not that I instantly sort it is rubbish. I just take things with a grain of salt and know that it's possible for them to be or not to be and until I am presented with something that convinces me, I have that bit of skepticism in the back of my mind.
    That would be agnosticism. But you know, after being presented with the facts, say, about health food scams, it is very difficult to convince me back to agnosticism toward the issue again. It's possible, but difficult.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”