User Tag List

First 715161718192767 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 721

Thread: Fe Fakeness

  1. #161
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Our Te means we build systems in the real world. We not happy just to theorize.
    Have you ever entertained the idea that you are an ENTJ? Your writing does have a feel for that ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  2. #162
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Some of you guys suck at staying on topic.

    THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE STATEMENT OF FACT.


  3. #163
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Some of you guys suck at staying on topic.

    THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE STATEMENT OF FACT.

    How can you be sure that this isnt relevant to the topic from some perspective?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #164
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    How can you be sure that this isnt relevant to the topic from some perspective?
    That perspective is clearly subjective because it's patently obvious that the present discussion is not pertinent to the original topic. Stop imposing your subjective opinions on me and expecting me to go along with them.

    Anyway, I should amend my previous statement to be more precise. Here it is:

    Some of you guys us suck at staying on topic.

    THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE STATEMENT OF FACT.

    OH! And I spent the last seven minutes painstakingly copy-pasting every post made in this thread within the last twelve hours into wordle. Some of the word clusters are great. "Retarded rules" might just be my favourite.


  5. #165
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Some of the negative reaction may indeed be because it’s rude, or whatever- but speaking only for myself, the most difficult part of communication with TJs is that some of their assertions consistently run contrary to my unconscious priorities by telling me what to think. It sets off silent but deafening internal alarms- just, as I’m sure, having Fe tell Fi’ers what to believe sets of distracting alarms. This isn’t about being polite, the silent alarms aren’t going off because the person is “rude” (I mean, I’m someone who inadvertently offends others quite often myself- blame it on least so variant, I suspect), the silent alarms are going off because the information doesn’t add up, it doesn’t make sense- it’s an unconscious priority that Te doesn’t share.
    There's a bit of a special case aspect too. For INTJs, Fi is the go-to function. We're down with the dreaming up of concepts, we're quite happy with stipulating things about the environment, but if things start going wrong with the environment, then we're backing away and checking in with our prefered style of being--introversion--and calling for a tie-breaker decision, something that answers the outer world's failure to be what I want it to be. That tie-breaker comes necessarily from Fi. But not feeling, exactly. Rather, some "value" that has grown up over the years to summarize those years worth of reaction to the environment. (EDIT: Hmmm, that claim about how the "value" arises could be thought about more... as could the question of whether there is a value or not, but let's move right along... [<- example of stipulation in action, hope the Ti doesn't get too inflamed]) So, it's less that Fe is invisible, and more that the Fe style of organisation will positively be ignored if we are to keep functioning in a way that we identify as "me". I'll go ahead and assume a similar deal applies for INFJs with Ti.

    If a Fe’er wants to explain why their values are best (and/or the reasons for them) to a Fi’er- they better be damn sure they make it completely available for the Fi’er to disagree…..am I right? There are rules to effective communication- not because of arbitrary social convention (showing politeness), but because that’s just how it is- communication isn’t effective unless you pay attention to how the other person is receiving you. It isn’t available to MAKE someone take in the meaning you want them to take in- it’s only available to try to communicate it and see if it takes/if they agree. And this argument that ‘Fe rules’ are interfering with the ‘transference of objective truth’ sounds a lot like “By expecting us to pay any attention to how our end of the discussion is being perceived- you’re oppressing us with Fe! Waaaanh! We’re entitled to decide ‘objective truth’ for everyone!” If the goal is anti-dialogical ranting, then mission accomplished. But if the goal is communication- it’s pointless to show up and simply demand one’s Je solutions are the best to a respective Ji audience. There are enough Fi rants around here to prove this goes BOTH ways.

    So I think you’re right about something being invisible, but I think it’s far more about the Ti unconscious priorities being invisible (plus, often, about their own Fi unconscious priorities being invisible as well) than it is about Fe rules- especially since Fe doms are the last ones to get into these snits.
    It's a damn interest question, what most generates the conflict. For one, it is true that Fe and Te construct external organisation differently. For two, (and particularly in INJs), back-up judgment not only gets inflamed when there is Je conflict, but that inflammation is less conscious, less open to subtle distinction, and more likely to be insisted upon in a peremptory manner. And not only that, but the back-up judgment has a built in aversion to exactly the kind of extroverted judgment the other side is attempting. Introverted judgement WILL NOT accept stipulations based only on environmental cues. It doesn't work that way, and finds that method to be not just misleading but also CORRUPT!

    Is communication beyond these issues possible? Or is it just the case that in the history of the world the real tie-breakers are most often merely contingent factors, like say the context gives one person more institutional authority to bull their position ahead over the other's, or the other type is faster with a knife, or one of them has more friends nearby or whatever? Or does it ever happen that one person backs down because he saw advantages in the other type's choices? Is that ever universalizable?

    Or is it just the case that the only tool of cooperation we have is the compromise of our values?

    OMG I can’t believe I used the shitting baby emoticon.
    INFJs are so rude.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  6. #166
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You may find a friend in DiscoBiscuit.
    Yeah maybe five is ENTJ.

    DiscoBiscuit is definitely ENTJ, like TG. I think they're good examples of the type...no matter how violently I disagree with them, I can't help but like them somehow.

  7. #167
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Either ENTJ or INTJ 8 or 3, methinks.

    @Zarathustra: that could be likely.

  8. #168
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    [to my audience, I'm sorry if the following seems a bit uninspired; I was 3/4 of the way through when my browser crashed... ]

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Weasel arguments. Cut. You don't give a straight answer on things.


    Actually, my responses were just fine.

    They were exactly what I intended them to be.

    (And, based on the reps I've gotten, I'm not the only person who thinks so.)

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Would you read the Quran or wouldn't you? Yes or No
    Possibly.

    But, at the moment: no.

    The point that you didn't get the first time around is that, regardless of its representational veracity, great value can be gained from reading it. In fact, the reason I got it in the first place was because I saw great practical value in reading it (Te), based on what I want to do with my life (Ni[Te]Fi[Se]).

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Anyway you've revealed yourself Mr InTheShadows, an academic with PHD's.


    So many false conclusions in so little time.

    You should get an award for this.



    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Say no more, sitting around on forums all day.

    All you've done is prove how un-utilitarian you are.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

    You have no idea why I've got this free time at the moment.

    But it is hilarious to see you draw blatantly false conclusions due to ridiculously poor leaps of reasoning.

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Here is my thinking:

    • Existing is better than non-existing. (Axiomatic)
    • I want to exist
    • I need resources to exist (money, influence etc).
    • Therefore I must get these things
    • Therefore I start businesses as this is the most secure way for an INTJ
    • I will be investing in longevity research and life extension simultaneously
    • Long life, means I exist longer
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

    Honestly, it's amazing how much you remind me of the alternate version of myself that would've existed if I'd...

    [back to the shadows]

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    You think a Te approach is "juvenile"...
    No no no.

    I think your Te approach is juvenile.

    Big difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    ...you are arrogant and deluded and just a crackpot theorist hiding behind PHD's.
    Honestly, I'm really gunna miss you.

    I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

    Your posts bring a smile to my face.

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    I'm goal driven. I'm worth $10m+ as of today all self made from scratch (no handouts).

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Ok, still modest by some standards, I agree.

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    I'm goal driven. I need a lot more to accomplish my goals.

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    I'm goal driven. And I work towards them every single day.

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Yes, I too have a degree, a Bsc in Computer Science.

    Nor do I ever speak about it...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Yes, I too have a degree, a Bsc in Computer Science.

    Nor do I ever speak about it...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Yes, I too have a degree, a Bsc in Computer Science.

    Nor do I ever speak about it...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    What have you accomplished with your great intelligence, please enlighten us.

    I'm worth $10m+...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    What have you accomplished?

    I'm worth $10m+...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Why would I need to try impress people?
    Somebody should make a youtube parody with those lyrics... ^

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post


    Honestly, I already told you this before (you're obviously no stranger to missing the point, though): but you really have no frame of reference as to why I would write what I did (once again, Pi tunnel vision, shitty Pe), cuz, believe it or not, that post accomplished exactly what I wanted it to (NiTe[Fi]{Se}).

    I understand that you don't know what that means, but I do.

    (And most people on this board do too.)

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Are you that out of touch?

    The nerdy white guy "gunna kill u bro" trying to be "gangsta". It's pathetic. You told me you are 27. Grow the fuck up.
    The irony between your asking that question in the first part and your interpretation in the second might cause the universe to implode.

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Furthermore, your argument is essentially "I'm really smart and I have all these PHD's so I've got to be smart hey?" Talk about insecurities.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

    Actually, that's not my argument at all.

    I never claimed any of those things.

    But you want to see insecurities?

    Let me show you the lyrics to your theme song again:

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    I'm goal driven. I'm worth $10m+ as of today all self made from scratch (no handouts).

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Ok, still modest by some standards, I agree.

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    I'm goal driven. I need a lot more to accomplish my goals.

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    I'm goal driven. And I work towards them every single day.

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Yes, I too have a degree, a Bsc in Computer Science.

    Nor do I ever speak about it...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Yes, I too have a degree, a Bsc in Computer Science.

    Nor do I ever speak about it...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Yes, I too have a degree, a Bsc in Computer Science.

    Nor do I ever speak about it...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    What have you accomplished with your great intelligence, please enlighten us.

    I'm worth $10m+...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    What have you accomplished?

    I'm worth $10m+...

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Why would I need to try impress people?

    Why would I need to try impress people?
    It's gunna be a big hit on youtube.

    (Btw, I considered going back to your very first post(s), in which you repeatedly mentioned that you were a business owner and started your own business(es), but I figured these were good enough. Seriously, though, congratulations, on starting your own business(es) and amassing a net worth of $10MM+ from scratch -- that is commendable. Just try to let go of the need for validation that comes with it.)

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    You remind me of this fellow:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

    A purported IQ of 195...
    Well, thanks for thinking I'm intelligent, but, quite frankly, I don't give a shit what you think about me.

    And all that being said, if you are indeed an INTJ, I highly recommend you read up about unhealthy INTJ behavior (like I pointed to in that first thread [LINK]). I could see you being an INTJ, but I could see any TJ, really. How hilariously ironic that in a thread in which I state that other peoples' arguments that denigrate Te-objectivity by oversimplifying its relationship with Fi-subjectivity are retarded, do we get an unhealthy, unbalanced TJ who gets to show the accurate side of what they were saying.

    (I would include information about what you said regarding your opinion on balanced individuals, but it's against the rules to bring information onto the public forum from outside private conversations.)

    I also recommend you read up on the enneagram, particularly the health levels. You could be an 8 or a 3, like @Glycerine said, but I could also see you being an unhealthy counterphobic 6 who is disintegrating deeply into the unhealthy levels of a 3.

    Oh, and side question: do you happen to habitually use cocaine?


  9. #169
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    What is this - fucking Romper Room?

  10. #170
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Joke... too... old...

    Does... not... compute...

    Do... I... care... enough... to... Google?

    No.

Similar Threads

  1. [Fe] Any INFJs who think Fe is "fake"?
    By SilkRoad in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 12:42 AM
  2. [NF] Other NF's hate salespeople's fake Fe?
    By Lily flower in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 11:09 AM
  3. [Fe] Is Fe fake or manipulative?
    By jixmixfix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM
  4. [Fe] Fe is fake and manipulative (proofs inside)
    By INTP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 01:04 AM
  5. [Fe] Fe: No cute title...I just don't get it
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO