Thread: Fe Fakeness

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra
    Wow, you people believe a bunch of nonsense.
    Objective? Not subjective? you sure about that?
    Yes.

Objective.

If I am right, then it is objective.

And I am right.

It's not just a matter of opinion.

It is a matter of fact.

That you don't like the way I've treated you and the others by way of my presentation does not make it any less true.

You once again seem to be mistaking your negative emotional response to what I said with whether or not what I said is in fact true.

Can you quantify what anyone said as "flabby relativism"?
    Flabby relativism is a quality, not a a quantity.

So, no, it cannot be "quantified".

Is that an objective judgment?
    Yes.

In the sense that I was pointing to something factually accurate, based on what had been written above.

For example, "objectivity is nothing but an illusion".

And the "+1" that (objectively) flabbily relativistic comment received.

Can you prove to me how it's objective?
    Axiom 1: Flabby relativism is a position one takes that sacrifices the notion of objective truth for the sake of a wishy-washy, half-baked relativism.

Axiom 2: "Objectivity is nothing but an illusion" is a comment that sacrifices the notion of objective truth for the sake of a wishy-washy, half-baked relativism.

Conclusion: Therefore, to say "objectivity is nothing but an illusion" is flabby relativism.

There are plenty more where that came from; but as Nicodemus' signature says, "A horse laugh is worth 10,000 syllogisms".

I'm sorry you don't like when I horse laugh at you.

Your above example is odd... I think you're picking a rather more straightforward instance than any of the below.
    Yes, it's called simplification.

It's used to provide a clear and obvious example.

Using it, the original argument argument is shown to be false.

By extension, the other arguments can also be shown to be false.

If you want to talk about objective objectivity, by all means confine yourself to discussions about whether the number 4 is the number 4.
    Reread above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra
    Let me also say "surprise surprise!" that two INFJs would profess such retarded beliefs about Te.

Doesn't sound at all like a description of Beebe's trickster function for the INFJ...

Nope... not at all...

Objective? Really? HOw is the above objective?
    Yes.

Yes.

Because it is accurate.

How is objective?
    Is "" a truth claim?

No.

It's added flair.

Please, show how "" makes my argument any less true.

I see very little objectivity here.
    That seems to be because you're not equating "objectivity" with "accuracy".

Either that, or you don't understand why what I'm saying is accurate.

Furthermore, you almost seem to be equating objectivity with whether I'm being polite or not, and, as I already said, that is not "objectivity".

Objectivity = accuracy.

Please elaborate on your reasoning.
    I already have.

Please respond to the above.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    I have to call you on this Zarathusthra. You can't go around accusing others of believing BS, if you believe bullshit yourself.
    Who ever said I believed astrology?

Once again, as I told you while chatting earlier, you jump too quickly to conclusions.

I'm not quite sure how many times you must do so falsely before you learn to hold the horses and rethink the matter.

And secondly what was with the nauseating amount of emoticons etc. Where you just pretending?
    I was making an impression.

And trust me, it worked.

I beginning to seriously doubt you as an INTJ.
    If you knew the impression I was making, you would not.

And, as I told you before, I could really give a shit what type you think I am.

Also, Jennifer is right in her argument with you with regards to your post about "Fi = objective" "Fe=subjective".

That formulation is retarded.

Fi is as subjective as a function gets.

Furthermore, Jennifer is also right in her argument with you about the use of the word "objectivity": as I said to you before, using objectivity in the various ways that we use it here is appropriate, because it's a technical term, that can be used in various ways, when talking about typology. The common definition means something else (although the two can overlap every once in awhile).

Since you seem to be having some difficulty understanding this, I recommend you read this post (LINK).

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Who ever said I believed astrology?
    Ok explain to me as an "INTJ", why you wouldn't Te the fuck out of astrology and dismiss it and move on.

I'd love to hear. It's not jumping to conclusions. You studied bullshit. I was quoting your very own words.

Explain why you studied astrology?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ok explain to me as an "INTJ", why you wouldn't Te the fuck out of astrology and dismiss it and move on.
    I already had.

I'd love to hear. It's not jumping to conclusions... I was quoting your very own words.
    It is jumping to conclusions, because if you go re-read those words, I never said "I believe in astrology", but that's what you (implicitly) claimed I did.

You studied bullshit.
    Let me ask you this: Have you ever studied astrology? Do you really know much about astrology at all? Or have you just written it off without really knowing very much about it?

Explain why you studied astrology?
    Because I used to think the exact same thing you did, and then an interesting experience happened to me.

That happened to coincide with my then-girlfriend's (INFP) friend having given me a book on astrology that I previously was not interested in reading.

You could've read all about this in an argument between me and an astrology-skeptic ENTP that used to contribute heavily on here in a very coherent thread about astrology, but, unfortunately, one of our moderators decided to cut 240+ posts out of that thread and place them elsewhere for no good reason other than the fact that she had not really read the thread in any detail and didn't really understand the discussion taking place.

@CzeCze @Jennifer

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If someone came into my office and used the word "retarded," at any time during the interview, I'd tell him to get the fuck out of my office and go work at a Dairy Queen.
    At Dairy Queen they use the left over pseudo ice cream mixture that spills down the drain for more shakes at the end of the day.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

But surely the objective, accurate truth is that astrology is BS? Isn't any other opinion retarded?

I know that's the case, because if it's right it's objective, and I'm right. We're talking about a matter of fact here.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Because I used to think the exact same thing you did, and then an interesting experience happened to me.

That happened to coincide with my then-girlfriend's friend having given me a book on astrology that I previously was not interested in reading.
    Ok so if someone gave you the Quran you'd read it just to know whether its BS or not? I wouldn't, I know 100% it BS, based on fundamentals. There is no evidence of God.

You have lack of Te in your approach. You not INTJ by a long shot. Go back to delusion world.

You HAVE to be Te dismissive to accomplish things. I suggest you read this principle and start practicing it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

Let me explain it simply, by reading that book of bullshit (the astrology one), you have reduced your capacity to learn about some truth. You have filled your time with untruth.

We are allocated a set number of life seconds on this earth. We continually operate under the delusion that we have infinite time. By reading something by even uttering a single word, or thinking a single thought it necessarily means there are some other words or thoughts etc that can't be thought anymore.

So actually you are dismissing things indirectly by not being dismissive.

Most NTP's never come to terms with that. I don't expect you will.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

LOL IS HE REALLY TRYING TO ARGUE THAT ITS "OBJECTIVE" TO CALL SOMETHING RETARDED (WHICH MEANS "slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development")...AND TYPICALLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE WITH AN IQ OF BELOW 70?

ITS OBJECTIVE FOR YOU TO SAY SOMEONE HAS AN IQ BELOW 70 BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM?

I've used the word retarded to express annoyance, disagreement, or contempt, but going as far as to call your "shorthand" "objective" is beyond absurd.

This is that disease that some INTJs have where they become so convinced of their objectivity that they could say "I hate chocolate ice cream" and claim it's objective that chocolate ice cream sucks.

I enjoy five quite a bit. I hope we can keep him for a while.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Neither one of you answered my questions.

One of you cherry-picked, and the other did not include anything at all.

Poor form...