User Tag List

First 123412 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Why do you think Se needs to be a social activity? As a Se user that seems strange to me. (so does the "wide variety of shallow experiences", for that matter)

How about some reasoning to support your opinions instead of just stating "this is how it is"?
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

That is the Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood, in case you guys cared.

That is all.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Why do you think Se needs to be a social activity? As a Se user that seems strange to me. (so does the "wide variety of shallow experiences", for that matter)

How about some reasoning to support your opinions instead of just stating "this is how it is"?
    I don't know how strong your Se auxiliary is. At any rate, I'm using the dominant features of type here. So often everybody here tries to relate things to a personal level and lose track of the sensus communis behind it all.

My definitions are more important than any pictorial representations. The Se pictures represent a wide variety of shallow experiences. The Si pictures represent the intensity of singular experiences. An experience is bound to be a feeling, such as excitement or fear. A carnival presents a wide variety of experiences; the base jumper experience is more intense, more personal, and he often pursues the same experience over and over again. For the mountain climber (not pictured) it is himself versus the mountain. It is a singular intense experience represented by the Si function. It doesn't matter if the mountain climber is going it alone or with a group.

As for the idea of Se not necessarily being social, imagine going to a carnival that is completely empty. I surmise (although this is not really the topic) that the presence of a large number of people experiencing the same things adds to the Se excitement, and indeed the social aspect is part of the Se attraction. Being in the audience at a circus is an Se experience, being the lion-tamer in the circus ring is an Si experience. Don't over-analyze or personalize, they're just pictures.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The Si pictures represent the intensity of singular experiences. An experience is bound to be a feeling, such as excitement or fear. A carnival presents a wide variety of experiences; the base jumper experience is more intense, more personal, and he often pursues the same experience over and over again. For the mountain climber (not pictured) it is himself versus the mountain. It is a singular intense experience represented by the Si function. It doesn't matter if the mountain climber is going it alone or with a group.
    So something like listening to song for the nostalgic purpose of remembering the intensity of the memory you relate it to be an example of an Si experience? And also smelling a particular smell that you haven't smelled in a long time and having nostalgic memories of when you last smelled it? I know that sounds weird, but those are two things that I do.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    So something like listening to song for the nostalgic purpose of remembering the intensity of the memory you relate it to be an example of an Si experience? And also smelling a particular smell that you haven't smelled in a long time and having nostalgic memories of when you last smelled it? I know that sounds weird, but those are two things that I do.
    That depends on what the memories are all about. Perhaps an INFP such as yourself reminisces about family or childhood friends.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That depends on what the memories are all about. Perhaps an INFP such as yourself reminisces about family or childhood friends.
    Childhood friends, yeah. But I would say most of the memories are experiences that have special value to me.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Childhood friends, yeah. But I would say most of the memories are experiences that have special value to me.
    You mentioned intensity. If I were to go against the Jungian and Keirseyan interpretations on introversion and extraversion, I would have to say that intensity and extensity are more defining than their definitions. So when you speak of intensity in yourself, that is just an introverted value in general. It's just a matter of deciding what an intense Fi or Ti experience looks like, or feels like.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

OMG I love this thread! Thanks for making it, @mal12345

So many questions about Si Vs Se....

I, too, have read somewhere that the difference between the introverted and extroverted functions within one dichotomy is that the introverted functions are more intense, and the extroverted ones are more varied, yet when it comes describing Si, all anyone I've asked ever says about it is that it has to do with remembering details especially of past events. As if Si is the only function responsible for detailed memory and that's all it has to do with, and more importantly that Si basically LIVES in the past. I'm unclear on this because it made me think Si was just a giant recorder of everything and nothing else. What are your thoughts on that, mal?

And the pictures were great! That helped.
    What is this though?
    Si

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Nah I don't get these pictures.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations