User Tag List

First 12

Glycerine

You put ENFJ and ENFP together and INFP and INFJ together.
    He put ENFJ and INFJ together and ENFP and INFP together.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I primarily focus on socionics, so I would group them-

INTJ/ENTJ (gamma NTs generally)
    INTP/ENTP (alpha NTs generally)
    ENFJ/INFP (beta NF)
    INFJ/ENFP (delta NF)
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    You put ENFJ and ENFP together and INFP and INFJ together.
    He put ENFJ and INFJ together and ENFP and INFP together.
    Someone didn't study transitive properties...

MBTI
    INTP

I think of them similarly to you, Mac. I had never thought about it formally, but those are the associations I tend to make intuitively based on overall vibe.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think of them similarly to you, Mac. I had never thought about it formally, but those are the associations I tend to make intuitively based on overall vibe.
    The NT groupings make sense (just switching dom functions), but not the NF ones. I don't know why. I just find the INFs to be reserved and cool, and the ENFs to be forward and passionate. Maybe an online thing?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    The NT groupings make sense (just switching dom functions), but not the NF ones. I don't know why. I just find the INFs to be reserved and cool, and the ENFs to be forward and passionate. Maybe an online thing?
    Might be an online thing. Also, it makes sense that you being an NT, you'd maybe have a better grasp of the inner nuances/differences between all four, whereas with the NF's you're looking more through just the external/behavioral window.

I do know that irl, I come across insanely differently from INFP's, and I can have difficulties connecting/relating to them. Whereas, ENFJ's are much, much less foreign to me, even though obviously the dom-Fe is a noticeable difference as far as some things go. It's more inner thought processes..so as to inner thoughts/perceptions, would def. lump ENFJ's with INFJ's and INFP's with ENFP's. There's not a whole lot in common between INFP's and INFJ's when you get down to inner workings and all of that jazz.

But as to my personal groupings, I don't have any across-the-board ones; I mean it really depends on whether you're looking at similar priorities, similar external behaviors/tendencies, similar modes of thought, similar social inclinations, similar etc etc etc... So yeah, there's just as much merit in grouping INFJ's and INTJ's together as there is in grouping INFJ's and ENFJ's together.. and so on.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Someone didn't study transitive properties...

I probably did but completely forgot about them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    In my experience, ENFPs are much more like INFPs than they are like ENFJs, once you scratch the surface. Actually, I don't see how they are alike at all besides both being extraverted. And INTPs and ENTPs never seem alike to me, online or in real life. I struggle to see what they do have in common, most of the time. But I generally view the various NFs and NTs as distinct types. It's easier for me to group SJs and SPs into groups, probably because of my own bias and personal experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I do know that irl, I come across insanely differently from INFP's, and I can have difficulties connecting/relating to them. Whereas, ENFJ's are much, much less foreign to me, even though obviously the dom-Fe is a noticeable difference as far as some things go. It's more inner thought processes..so as to inner thoughts/perceptions, would def. lump ENFJ's with INFJ's and INFP's with ENFP's. There's not a whole lot in common between INFP's and INFJ's when you get down to inner workings and all of that jazz.
    I totally agree with this! At first when I didn't really understand the MBTI I thought the J/P preferences are just variations of organized/messy people But no, it's actually a whole world of difference. Sometimes I feel I can understand INTPs way better than INFPs.

Fi NFs feel like members of a long lost sister tribe to me. I don't really understand their language, but we can understand each other through a shared sense of kinship.

If I really had to group, I'd go by the judging functions: E/I NFJ together and E/I NFP together.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've always seen it like this, which I think is the exact way Mondo laid it out:

Group 1: NFJ's
    Group 2: NFP's
    Group 3: NTJ's
    Group 4: NTP's

each group having an extroverted version and an introverted version. The two different types within each of these groups have the exact same dominant and auxiliary functions as each other, just in reverse order. Their top 2 functions are the same, which makes them a lot alike. They "extrovert" in the same manner and they "introvert" in the same manner.

The ENTP's I've known have literally seemed like extroverted versions of myself. The INTP's I've known have seemed like introverted versions of the ENTP's. Same goes with all the other groups.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay