First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ok...Fe and Fi could potentially result in the same actions, but for different reasons.

Fi would help out because of intense empathy...or would walk away because of having a bad day and feeling too overwhelmed to handle helping other people.

Fe would help out because they would recognize helping as being the "right" thing to do, and I think they would be far more compelled to help, even if their mood wasn't good, whereas the Fi user might decide not to help based upon mood.

However, the Fe user might not help if they felt embarrassed about approaching a stranger, and the Fi user might feel guilty for not helping a hurting person even as they walked away.

Why do I relate more with the Fe side here ?

I think that it has something to do with a fact that I often mask Te as feeling around people

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why do I relate more with the Fe side here ?

I think that it has something to do with a fact that I often mask Te as feeling around people
    Because Te can rationalize that the "right" thing is the most efficient thing to do to get by or to get people to leave you alone, despite what you actually feel.

Te + Fi = pseudo Fe

I operated mainly on Fi as a teenager, but as I got older, I learned the advantages of Te + Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

Fi would help out because of intense empathy...or would walk away because of having a bad day and feeling too overwhelmed to handle helping other people.

I've done both, yeah.

Not to sound like a saint or anything, but I've identified with people's pain so much it hurt.. and I think I've gave help the best I could. On the other hand, I remember coming across a car accident.. some cars and people were already outside.. and I felt like shit for some other reason. I just sat there the whole time, waiting to go about my way. Almost everyone was helping.. or at least... gawking and talking to each other. I figured it was taken care of anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Because Te can rationalize that the "right" thing is the most efficient thing to do to get by or to get people to leave you alone, despite what you actually feel.

Te + Fi = pseudo Fe

I operated mainly on Fi as a teenager, but as I got older, I learned the advantages of Te + Fi.

This is exactly what I had in mind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think you're overcomplicating what the functions are.

Fe to Fi is a spectrum. Fe is essentially "I need to make sure I have all relevant environmental data before making a value judgment" and Fi is "I need to make sure I think through the data I already have before making a value judgment". No one uses ONLY Fe or Fi -- it's impossible. It's not like FJs and TPs are necessarily going to react differently than FPs and TJs in every single situation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I guess I'm supposed to be an Fe user and I did actually see a guy fall from his bike. I was driving. Another car clipped the back of this guy's bike and knocked him to the pavement and kept driving. I don't remember anything between seeing it happen and helping the guy up, like I don't remember getting out of my car. He fell and I was there, with no thought in between. He was skinned up and he was white in the face, and trembling, his hands were shaking, and he wouldn't let me take him to a hospital. He wouldn't even sit down for a few minutes in my car while I watched his bike. My stomach was sick and I felt lightheaded in response to seeing him so shook and scuffed up. This has got to be at least 10 years ago and I still worry about that guy and hope he was all right.

There's no gap between "he's hurt" and "I will help." Those two things happen simultaneously and it's not a choice for me. There's also no gap between he's hurt and I gasp and cringe and my stomach turns over.

Whatever that tells you...

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

Fe to Fi is a spectrum. Fe is essentially "I need to make sure I have all relevant environmental data before making a value judgment" and Fi is "I need to make sure I think through the data I already have before making a value judgment". No one uses ONLY Fe or Fi -- it's impossible. It's not like FJs and TPs are necessarily going to react differently than FPs and TJs in every single situation.
    I don't know man. I might use it a little, but Fe is still pretty non-existent in my case - I've yet to even use it to get laid, I think? Heh.. I mean, that's a good litmus test, isn't it? And even as a kid, I'd risk pissing off my very military minded dad if I didn't stand for the national anthem or something - and when he gave me those psycho Clint Eastwood like eyes, I "thought" through it - but I still decided to remained seated (and then got pulled up by the ear instead).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

I think you make a good point. I think that people can have both Fe and Fi, but will prefer one more strongly over the other.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know man. I might use it a little, but Fe is still pretty non-existent in my case - I've yet to even use it to get laid, I think? Heh.. I mean, that's a good litmus test, isn't it? And even as a kid, I'd risk pissing off my very military minded dad if I didn't stand for the national anthem or something - and when he gave me those psycho Clint Eastwood like eyes, I "thought" through it - but I still decided to remained seated (and then got pulled up by the ear instead).
    I learned to use Fe at a very young age...maybe because of being raised by an ESFJ???

But I rejected Fe MUCH more as an adolescent, I guess embracing my more natural tendency for Fi....only to start seeing the value of Fe again as an adult.

I think some Fs develop both because they have inherent Fi reasons that understand why Fe works, or inherent Fe reasons to begin embracing Fi?