User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Conservatism? Patriotism?

Hell, why not just say that LOVE is particular to one single judging function, and now we get to argue about which one is "real" love and the other is fake?

There's a bunch of assumptions being made, here, without recourse to first principles.

In an effort to get things back on track, what is the typical "style" of Fi/Te, and what is the "style" of Ti/Fe? Forget specific values, forget the emotional and prejudiced baggage we want to attach. How do they "work", such that one might regard INTJ as similar to INFP, and INFJ as similar to INTP (and so on)?
    LOVE is particular to Fi. My Fi would be the equivalent to others Ti where my Fi tends to process in the background as opposed to the foreground. My Ti is in the foreground and Fe is driven by logic of what would help in this situation in regards to feelings as opposed to actually internally feeling what the other person feels.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    LOVE is particular to Fi.
    *waits for the xxFJs to rip poki to shreds*

MBTI
    STP

*waits for the xxFJs to rip poki to shreds*

lets see if your Ni is right
    Im out, its been fun

LOVE is particular to Fi.
    Let's not be stupid now.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

lets see if your Ni is right
    If not, it just means they have too much class to get involved in the first place.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Let's not be stupid now.
    When we love someone we can turn it externally, but please tell me how love is not an internal judgement, especially when we can be in love with someone even though all our logic says its stupid.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

When we love someone we can turn it externally, but please tell me how love is not an internal judgement, especially when we can be in love with someone even though all our logic says its stupid.
    I think that there is "subjective judgment" and it can be turned inwards or outwards. However, it's still YOU doing the "subjective judging" (i.e., feeling love, or whatever).

For an Fi, it comes from the inside. A really good way to connect with someone who is strong in the Fi is to talk about their spirit or heart.

For Fe, it "comes from the outside", but not really. Rather, one's love in the Fe way is triggered by things outside of oneself. One actively cares for others, sometimes to a selfless degree that is not typical of the Fi approach. Others' needs and feelings are foremost in one's own mind, and one's own feelings/priorities are simply one among many.

It's still the same love, though, expressed differently, and perceived differently, Fi vs. Fe.

(Similarly, I find it just as absurd when people say Ti is somehow "more logical" than Te. For both Fi and Ti, it just more internally, subjectively experienced.)

MBTI
    STP

I think that there is "subjective judgment" and it can be turned inwards or outwards. However, it's still YOU doing the "subjective judging" (i.e., feeling love, or whatever).

For an Fi, it comes from the inside. A really good way to connect with someone who is strong in the Fi is to talk about their spirit or heart.

For Fe, it "comes from the outside", but not really. Rather, one's love in the Fe way is triggered by things outside of oneself. One actively cares for others, sometimes to a selfless degree that is not typical of the Fi approach. Others' needs and feelings are foremost in one's own mind, and one's own feelings/priorities are simply one among many.

It's still the same love, though, expressed differently, and perceived differently, Fi vs. Fe.

(Similarly, I find it just as absurd when people say Ti is somehow "more logical" than Te. For both Fi and Ti, it just more internally, subjectively experienced.)
    I actually think we are on the same page i can percieve in others what your saying so I havnt taken it to that level of Ni.

Fi can also be triggered by things outside when the things outside ring true with their spirit and heart.

From my experience Ti and Te come to a similiar conclusion when they have the same set of data.
    Im out, its been fun

What's love got to do with such arbitrary categories of thought? I don't think the functions seek to explain what love is.
    Hello

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    What's love got to do with such arbitrary categories of thought? I don't think Fi or Fe seek to explain what love is.
    Its not about reaching an explanation or definition. Its about judging and when we love someone we are truly judging them internally. How we are, what we do, how we respond is all affected by this judgement. Your are judged based on a feeling of love as opposed to a feeling of hate. have you ever had someone not listen to you because they dont like you? They made an internal judgement based on their feeling about you. This is where I think Ne and Se look at things 2 different ways.
    Im out, its been fun