First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    And that's why I said that they "can" be, not that they necessarily will be. And that's why you say that they "could" be.

But I agree. It's not all black and white. There are numerous reasons why some people start bullying and some end up as the victims.

I was talking about myself and not about every other child out there. My experiences have shown that you either learn to be above it or get bullied.
    I'm still not sure what you mean exactly but I'm sure you are. Thanks for explaining.

MBTI
    I

Overall, bullying doesn't really have a type, it's primarily fed by insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by chegra View Post
    Let me see.
    If I think about the general profiles of bullies I have known most didnt do too well in class.
    Now in the general hierarchy of performances in school before uni:
    SJ
    NT
    NF
    SP

(Yes guys SJ outperform NT in highschool for whatever reason)
    Not hard to figure out really... it's the discipline and regiment that the SJs use to outperform the otherwise very intellectual NTs in school.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

Bullying (stereo)types: ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, ESFP.
    Victims: IxFx, because they're sensitive. and ISTJ/INTP for being nerdy. :]

As a kid, I was a victim first and (harmless) bully later. Not really a bully, but I have a habit of saying mean things on accident.

I always think of ESFP's as the stereotypical popular girl (maybe I'm projecting since that's the opposite type of my own)
    and ESTP's seem to be their jock counterpart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I wouldn't say INFPs are necessarily victims. Bullies want to see a reaction, INFPs aren't generally very reactive. Personally, I have stood up for victims, but never really been a victim myself.
    Why children don't play with rocks anymore.

INTP a victim? Pfft! I was a semi-bully as a kid and I can only remember one instance where a girl attempted to bully me.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I admit that I was a bully when I was younger. There also were people who thought that they could bully me easily, but that always turned into war. I always got my revenge.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I suspect all bullies see their bullying as either deserved or not bullying at all. I think the kind of bullying ENTPs would be good at would be the ongoing public ridicule kind rather than the beating-up-for-lunch-money kind.
    +1

People tend to see their behavior as justified. Cruel behavior tends to especially require a mindset that sees it as entirely justified. Anger and rage are the emotions that create an unquestioning certitude that a given behavior or punishment is deserved. I think the people who receive the absolute worst bullying tend to have a strong need for external, social approval and at the same time lack social skills to achieve it.

More than personality type, bullying tends to be the result of having a distorted ego and lack of empathy either as the result of never being treated with empathy (often having a parent who bullies them teaching them personal power only results from taking it from someone), or lack of experience where the person has never faced much fear or pain and so their world looks like a cartoon, and they never comprehend the damage they do.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    +1

People tend to see their behavior as justified. Cruel behavior tends to especially require a mindset that sees it as entirely justified. Anger and rage are the emotions that create an unquestioning certitude that a given behavior or punishment is deserved. I think the people who receive the absolute worst bullying tend to have a strong need for external, social approval and at the same time lack social skills to achieve it.

More than personality type, bullying tends to be the result of having a distorted ego and lack of empathy either as the result of never being treated with empathy (often having a parent who bullies them teaching them personal power only results from taking it from someone), or lack of experience where the person has never faced much fear or pain and so their world looks like a cartoon, and they never comprehend the damage they do.
    Great post. I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded parts.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTx

Sadly, ExTJ seem to me as types with higher-than-average chance to be bullies. Yet, what I'm about to describe doesn't describe any type in particular. I've had first hand experience as a victim, and I've paid attention to other persons being bullied, as well.

I've thought about the kind of bullying behavior I've personally witnessed, and I've came to associate it with less-than-average understanding of what people can and will do, with greater than average desire to have it their way.

In my mind, the bully doesn't believe that their unique stance on the life will guarantee their personal recognition, freedom of action and other stuff they desire - they have no strategy, no values, and the world is reduced to what can be done NOW, what they want NOW. A bully sees someone who's clothes they don't like? The bully is vulnerable to the sight of something he doesn't like - he internalizes the feeling of dislike, and to him, the person walking in wrong kind of clothes is like someone who punched them in the face.

Without insight, the only thing they can do to feel better about a situation is to act on it immediately. They might see someone who is in their eyes inferior, yet they still exist, perhaps even enjoy their life. That feels like something they can't allow, so without insight or solid core of themselves, they make the "inferior" person pay for the "disturbance" caused.

A bully might see someone receive praise, though it has already been 3 minutes since they personally received praise. Forgetful of the event, not understanding that they are still socially accepted after 3 minutes have passed, another person is suddenly in the spotlight. That is in contrary to the bully's perception that THEY should receive praise for being so great. With the idea that nobody remembers things more than 3 minutes, the bully goes to correct the situation - he insults the other person, threatens them or something of the kind.

This is at least the perception from the kind of bullies I've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Bullies: ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, INTJ, ESFJ

Victims: INFP, ISFP, INFJ, INTP, ISFJ, ISTJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)