MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    uncommon insight
    Here's one 'Sensor' I wish I knew in person.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Here's one 'Sensor' I wish I knew in person.
    I have to ask if the ' ' around sensor means you disagree with the labels as a whole, or question my type? (I jest, I jest. I know it's both )

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    I'm not getting into a debate about it; you wanted my opinion of irl sensors vs on here and you got it. ptgatsby also hits the other side of the coin apart from education: the intelligence factor.
    I don't think anyone is debating yet.

I wonder if the "SPs" you pay notice to are actually just Se doms with very little functional development and perhaps the SJs you notice are Si doms with very little functional development. You might be ignoring the sensors with good functional development or maybe including them as intuitives.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I don't think anyone is debating yet.

I wonder if the "SPs" you pay notice to are actually just Se doms with very little functional development and perhaps the SJs you notice are Si doms with very little functional development. You might be ignoring the sensors with good functional development or maybe including them as intuitives.
    yes, i took that into consideration. I put "pay notice to", because obviously, the obnoxious sensors are going to outshine the well-behaved ones. But it's still something I notice and I bet others do as well. You reach into this observational bias when you ask the question you did in the OP

There's probably an element of truth on the idea that internet users in general are likely to be more tech/science orientated, unless they use the internet solely for facebook and msn. But usually I apply this bias to gamers as well, or people that purposely try to be different (even if some people find that a stupid position to hold.)

Having said that I don't find my friends in real life that different from some of the sensors I find here, but that might be because I'm so used to interacting the others in RL that there doesn't seem to be any real obvious transition or difference. It's not like my real life friends are more stupid.

The sensing population is large. There's going to be plenty of sensors and even ISFJs that I will probably end up clashing with. Before I discovered MBTI I'd believe that there are people out there who were mean and shallow, with little regard for depth, honesty or kindness. People who followed group behaviour even though it wasn't exactly healthy. I have to admit I unfortunately chalked a lot of this down to hedonistic behaviour, and err I'll also admit that I have some bias towards SPs in general but I realise it's stupid thinking.

Thankfully I believe the majority of people are nice people

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I have to ask if the ' ' around sensor means you disagree with the labels as a whole, or question my type? (I jest, I jest. I know it's both )

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

They seem very similar to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i honestly don't think about this sort of thing while out and about. i don't type anybody or anything but i am aware of a few people that are close to me that are sensors and the difference between them and you guys is that you guys seem interested in this sort of thing and seem willing to listen to another perspective. they seem to only be aware of their own reality.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    I

I doubt that, just because those online are different than the general population... even if the gap is shrinking.

My honest non-PC thought on this is that the Ss here are smarter than average (in accordance with the general population... which is S <_<), and the Ns are... how do I say... larger time wasters...? Less driven? More escapist, that's it.
    So are you implying N's are smarter than S's? I don't think that the S's I know in real life are any dumber than the ones here. Not sure about the N's, I don't know too many N's irl.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I do think the sensors on this site tend to be smarter than the average sensor, but I don't think that goes for all internet vs. non-internet users, because Myspace and Facebook aren't exactly flooding with geniuses.

I also think this site favors N, and especially INXX, communication. So the sensor might have a harder time getting translated, and they might not have the inclination to delve as deep into topics as the intuitives here like to. I think they are more likely to jump ship early on when things get too abstract.