User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    The humor. The Ss seem to be more inclined to use humor that is based on something that happened. Some funny stuff they saw or a funny joke they remember. The Ns usually imagine stuff that would be funny if it happened.
    S is for Slapstick.

N is for Nuance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Hey, I was thinking this.. and, I have a theory. I would like someone to confirm it, if possible.

The humor. The Ss seem to be more inclined to use humor that is based on something that happened. Some funny stuff they saw or a funny joke they remember. The Ns usually imagine stuff that would be funny if it happened.
    I think you're on to something. That's pretty palpable.

MBTI
    ENFP

I like the theory about the humour! And I think it fits most of the people whose types I know for sure. To further explore humour but a little off topic I know I have noticed a dry humour from SJs and impressions used as humpur alot amongst the SPs I know. NFs seem more goofy with their humour and NT celebral sacastic humour! mmmm interesting now I just need to find some MBTI types for comedians with these types of humour!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    Infx

Hey, I was thinking this.. and, I have a theory. I would like someone to confirm it, if possible.

Me, I cant tell a joke (in the stand-up style), it is impossible for me, because it never comes out funny. But I often find stuff that is funny if looked at from an absurd perspective.
    So what does it say that the two funniest things in the world to me are either when something explodes, or when one of my friends makes up something completely ridiculous that relates to nothing?

My own use of humor tends to manifest itself in awful, awful puns. X3
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    ISTx

Sensor hate. I sense it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

N and S are basically preferences- an N can learn to be more S like and an S can learn to be more N like- it's called adaptation. My ISFJ mom has learned to understand N ramblings and weird associations after 26 years of living in a household of Intuitives, and through having a ton of S friends I learned to slow down occasionally and enjoy things in a sensory manner (mmmm... bubble bath with a glass of wine )

Ss are no less creative- they're just creative in different manners. A lot of art, sports, hiking trails, music and television can be attributed to Sensors- watch an old video of Mohammed Ali boxing and just SAY that the man wasn't creative! :rolli:

Pretty much, the easiest way to figure out the person's preference is by talking to them and seeing what type of descriptives that they use for something- pour them a glass of wine and see if they describe it with flavors and sensations or whether they describe it with associations or abstract adjectives... that'll give you the best idea (and you'd never imagine the look on a nice S couple's face when I described a wine as floofy a while back and another as pointy )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    So what does it say that the two funniest things in the world to me are either when something explodes, or when one of my friends makes up something completely ridiculous that relates to nothing?
    You are pyromaniac?

MBTI
    INFP

I'm wondering, Eck, if you know what the letters "I" and "Q" in IQ stand for. *Scratching head here.*

My guidline for guessing the Esses from the Ens is what subjects the conversation tends to.

Esses seem to talk more about people, places and things and Ens about ideas.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Sensor hate. I sense it.
    My sensor senses are tingling!!!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I can usually tell with what they talk about. If they discuss abstract thoughts and ideas or things that they imagine then in my mind they would be classified as an N. One thing I have noticed..mind you I only have one N friend ( I wish I knew more)...is when they are doing a simple task they go about it in the most roundabout way. Also while telling a story one thing will catch her attention out of the corner of her eye and then she'll go back to what she was talking about 10 minutes ago.

I've been told by many that I'm a very detailed oriented person. I care about the who, what, where, when, how, why, all that information. I talk about things that have happened or are going to happen in the near future.

In regards to intelligence each type has strengths and weaknesses. Yes N's probably score higher on IQ tests then S's but I think that's because they are geared more to intuitives as opposed to sensors. I also think that for sensors it can be uncomfortable discussing theories that they've never heard of or very abstract topics.

To your theory I do joke a lot about what has happened in the past and with my intuitive friend we joke about things that aren't there or crazy theories or funny anecdotes and freaky connections.

hopefully I made some sense with this!!