• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breakfast foods!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which contemporary comestibles do you prefer for breakfast? Sausages, bacon? Fruit loops?

I've always been partial to Eggs Benedict. Hollandaise sauce makes me want to holler all my days.

gromit

likes this
I love steel cut oats with nuts and banana and shredded coconut.

If I have time I like to make some eggs (over-easy or soft scrambled) with crispy hash browns and a pile of greens topped with fresh fruit.

But usually I am in a rush in the morning and end up eating things like
  • Cold cereal with milk
  • Wheat toast + peanut butter + piece of fruit
  • Handful of nuts and a banana
  • Smoothie with peanut butter, cashews, banana, cocoa powder, oats, and milk
  • etc

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Mini fritattas
Poached eggs on toast
Steel cut oats (I make them in the slow cooker overnight)
Breakfast Burritos
Bacon and eggs
Baked corned beef hash with eggs

To be honest, many weekday mornings, I end up having whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a shake or smoothie.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
to be eaten with orange juice:
biscuits and gravy
eggs benedicts
sausage biscuit
omlette
eggs
fried egg sandwhich (fried egg, ketchup, pepper jack on toasted english muffin or bagel)
breakfast casserole
ham egg and cheese biscuit
bacon egg and cheese biscuit
hashbrowns

to be eaten with hot tea
english muffin with peanutbutter
bagel with cream cheese
pancakes
waffles
french toast
crepes
peanutbutter toast

that being said i usually don't eat breakfast most days i don't eat until about 4pm even though I leave the house at 7:20.

Kas

Fabula rasa
French toasts and mug of coffee.
I could eat this every day.

Although usually I prefer to sleep 5 minutes longer and just make quickly sandwich or eat cereals with milk.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But normally I eat dinner food for breakfast. Just having some chicken noodle soup and black coffee now.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My usual breakfast is poached eggs on toast. For some reason I never get tired of it.

If I'm going out for breakfast, I will often get eggs Benedict. Hollandaise sauce is indeed the shit.

I also love huevos rancheros. That's a fried egg on a tortilla, with refried beans, salsa, and avocado. (Or some other combination.)

I do like sweet breakfast foods, like pancakes and waffles and crepes. But they make me feel sick if I eat them in the morning. Fortunately, breakfast food can and should be eaten any time of day.

Now. Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do like sweet breakfast foods, like pancakes and waffles and crepes. But they make me feel sick if I eat them in the morning. Fortunately, breakfast food can and should be eaten any time of day.

I tend to prefer the savory breakfasts. The sweet breakfasts are something that I'm in the mood for much less frequently.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
soft boiled eggs with buttered toast
bagle with cream cheese
captain crunch

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to prefer the savory breakfasts. The sweet breakfasts are something that I'm in the mood for much less frequently.
You'd probably like what [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] made one of the days we were hanging out. They baked spinach and tomatoes and eggs and cheese in a casserole, and then served it as an open-faced sandwich, with avocado. It was really good.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You'd probably like what [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] made one of the days we were hanging out. They baked spinach and tomatoes and eggs and cheese in a casserole, and then served it as an open-faced sandwich, with avocado. It was really good.

That sounds like something they'd serve at the restaurant I often go to on weekend mornings.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION] Here's the recipe:

Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes - Budget Bytes

It's SO easy to make, and always amazing. I make it at least once a week.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I should really keep some ESJs in my kitchen.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really hate eggs and wish that breakfast food didn't somehow equal eggs to most of the restaurant industry :sadbanana:

a pastry and caffeine is really all that I require for breakfast... I don't have much of an appetite until at least noon

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I really hate eggs and wish that breakfast food didn't somehow equal eggs to most of the restaurant industry :sadbanana:

a pastry and caffeine is really all that I require for breakfast... I don't have much of an appetite until at least noon

i hate grits, and in the south that's a side, i always manage to sub something else usually potatoes. so i don't see why they can't do that with eggs.