• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I donned my armor and trusty sword, went into the Catacombs level 2, and proceeded to slay all the demons inside. My pace was grueling as I ran everywhere, and I had to drink two health potions to sustain myself. After the demons were slain I returned to town and cleaned up and sat around the came fire with the rogues for a while.

It was a decent day.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disco: If you enjoy writing it up I'll read it. It's up to you. That was a very interesting post, though.

I'm not even going to mention what I did now!

You betta - or I'm going bog your blog down with more schizophrenic conversations!

Here's serious. I'd do what the madman says.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm pretty much gonna be doing the same thing for 4 days a week, the thing I mentioned in my other post-

30 minute workout
10 minutes of cardio
Swim some laps or ride the bike

Yep.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, it involved slaying demons too. *hides behind Kyuuei*

10 minutes stationary, 30 minute walk, 6lb weights, blah blah. My stamina has always been horrible, even when I was a competitive swimmer. "Sprints" are all I can do.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it involved slaying demons too. *hides behind Kyuuei*

10 minutes stationary, 30 minute walk, 6lb weights, blah blah. My stamina has always been horrible, even when I was a competitive swimmer. "Sprints" are all I can do.

It's very possible your muscle makeup is geared more towards bursts of sprinting type activities vs long term aerobic activities. AKA your musculature consists of a higher proportion of 'fast twitch' instead of 'slow twitch' muscle mass.

Muscle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • Type I, slow oxidative, slow twitch, or "red" muscle is dense with capillaries and is rich in mitochondria and myoglobin, giving the muscle tissue its characteristic red color. It can carry more oxygen and sustain aerobic activity
  • Type II, fast twitch muscle, has three major kinds that are, in order of increasing contractile speed:
    • Type IIa, which, like slow muscle, is aerobic, rich in mitochondria and capillaries and appears red.
    • Type IIx (also known as type IId), which is less dense in mitochondria and myoglobin. This is the fastest muscle type in humans. It can contract more quickly and with a greater amount of force than oxidative muscle, but can sustain only short, anaerobic bursts of activity before muscle contraction becomes painful (often incorrectly attributed to a build-up of lactic acid). N.B. in some books and articles this muscle in humans was, confusingly, called type IIB.[4]
    • Type IIb, which is anaerobic, glycolytic, "white" muscle that is even less dense in mitochondria and myoglobin. In small animals like rodents this is the major fast muscle type, explaining the pale color of their flesh.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Pinky I'm built the same way. I always struggle with running because I'm no good at it long distance. People THINK it's so easy, but I'm made more for short bursts of strength and energy.. So when I'm timed on a long distance, I struggle with it. :doh:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
15 minute walk (short because of a fire drill)

Tried to relax and find how I naturally walked. AGAIN, right leg felt like after a small workout, left leg didn't feel anything at all except my ankle (though it wasn't so sharp this time).

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Im on a stationery bike right now! I did 12 minutes on
the elliptical and I plan to do at least 10 minutes on this bike.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Lol guys, I wouldn't put too much stock in the difficulty of the class. You get out what you put in. Your only supposed to go as hard as you can without gassing.

It was my first time back in 3 months, and I didn't even make it through the whole cardio portion b4 I needed to take a breather. Although this may have more to do with a cardiovascular situation I have than how out of shape I am. Still, I was definitely sucking wind like biggie smalls in there.

I went running today at the school gym. Unfortunately, I'm getting over a summer cold and still have some chest congestion. I only made it seven and a half minutes before my sickness and my out of shapeness conspired to end my run. Basically, I start coughing while running and couldn't stop. I was also getting overheated and a bit fatigued. Combine these things and what have you got? Disco puking in the bathroom at the school gym.

Its cool to see everyone taking steps to pursue their personal fitness goals (whatever they may be).

Edit: just weighed myself. 216 1/2 lbs, down one and a half from yesterday!!!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
That class sounds AWESOME!! I'm getting pumped just reading it! Makes me miss my cardio kickboxing class :cry:

There's some free classes they offer at the school that I might get involved in.. Also, when I start working, there's a "Nightclub Cardio" class down the road that sounds like it'd be pretty fun! So I suppose I'll be expanding my current schedule once work settles in.

It is awesome! What I like most is the general lack of machoism and posturing in the gym. At WMA Jax its all about respect. Respect for the coaches, respect for your partner, and most importantly respect for yourself.

The stress relief is unimaginable (second only to the horizontal tango).

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Walk
Crunches I ended up having to do them in the evening and I got caught. It's a bit undignified and I didn't even know I had any dignity.
Less than two sodas
Ingest vegetation

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
My stamina has always been horrible, even when I was a competitive swimmer. "Sprints" are all I can do.
Pinky I'm built the same way. I always struggle with running because I'm no good at it long distance. People THINK it's so easy, but I'm made more for short bursts of strength and energy.. So when I'm timed on a long distance, I struggle with it. :doh:

I'm exactly the same - I'm just horrible at any sort of distance running - in P.E. when I was a kid, I was always the one gasping for breath and cramping up, finishing dead last - not quitting was my only positive there, but I was always pretty good (in the "not going to embarrass myself" way) at racquet sports, volleyball, baseball, etc. There are definitely differences between people that just can't be overcome, I think... I have a friend who, although is in good shape, is way, way too busy to exercise regularly... and he can just go out and run five miles. Once he decided to enter a marathon in Ireland - and even though he was so busy he couldn't really consistently stick to his training schedule, he flew to Ireland and ran the whole marathon without stopping to walk once (wow!). Me? I've been running twice a week for like 2.5 years and can *probably* run a mile, maybe a mile and a half, without needing to stop to walk for a bit. Which, for me, is good :D.

Anyway, on my normal pace this week:

Monday: run (with a few walk-breaks) 2.25 miles in the morning, 25-minute bowflex in the evening
Tuesday: 30 minute (9+miles, if you believe the odometer-thingy) stationary bicycle in the morning
Wednesday: 25 minute bowflex in the evening

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Glad to hear I'm not alone on it!!

Weight training class, demolished.
Level 1 of my DVD, fatality.

I feel like a beast. I think I really can take on more fitness.

wolfy

awsm
Worked up to 160kg deadlifts for 3 singles. Should be 180 in a few weeks.
20 min cycling.
Will do some extra work for my deadlift after work.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Eating well today. Only had one ICEE (good for me!), and I had a Weight Watchers quesadilla for lunch. Drank water. Am making a buttload of veggies for dinner, and bought some organic frozen dinners for lunches the rest of the week. Exercised again yesterday morning, and plan to again today.