User Tag List

First 3070787980818290130180 Last

Good on you! Exercise is a great way to relieve stress.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If it wasn't for you guys, I would NOT have done my exercises this morning!
    I exercised for about 35 minutes this morning. Yay!

And actually, I wanted to give credit to Risen, because I read something yesterday that he wrote about how exercise combats stress... which of course I knew but needed to be reminded. I have been REALLY stressed out lately. There is so much chaos in my life right now.

I enjoyed my exercise session and I was even a little sad when it was over. Go figure!
    Good job, and I'm glad you are seeing benefits so early on.

As you get used to exercising, feel free to add on a bit to your exercise routine sometimes. There have been several days where I went on a walk just because I felt like it - not because it was part of my scheduled workout.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh, I forgot. Yesterday:

.8 mi to school

25 min. weight training
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    9w8

Sheisse. Finished last week with all days done, but classes have started and thusly I am packed to the hilt with shite to do. I've worked out once this week thus far, and will post a listing of exercises because it would be a good thing to do and was mildly requested. I will probably have one cheat this week because of classes.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Man Kyuuei, that sounds intense. 'Sides, doesn't your brain consume an inordinate amount of daily energy?

It's great you're joining us, INTJmom! Exercising alone can = no accountability. (Man, I did not think four times a week would be as much as it turns out to be when I have classes.) When I'm tired or stressed or Anxious, I really don't want to leave the house and do stuff, but it does make me feel better if I grow the cajones to do so.

Anyway, Thursday: 20 minutes bicycling and 50 minutes jogging/walking
    Was sorely tempted to take a break celebration day before I remembered I actually *do* enjoy the outdoor activity and it ended up being one of my more productive "runs" ever. (I think the pecan pie... and all the sugary raisins definitely put a bounce in my step. :P)

How's the morning exercise working for you, Udog? I might have to switch to morning exercise to, because I am finding that I need sleep and stuff (go figure).

MBTI
    ENFJ

.8 mi to school.

25 min ABS OF STEEEEEEEL
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've been tired (stayed up too late) and felt eh this morning. I don't think I'll be able to get to it tomorrow since I'm probably going out of town to a friend's rockband party.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    How's the morning exercise working for you, Udog? I might have to switch to morning exercise to, because I am finding that I need sleep and stuff (go figure).
    I really like it! That is, once I got over the fact that I'm getting up at 4:30AM.

Of course, I only did it twice this week - Tue and Thur. I couldn't motivate myself to get up that early for the cardio days, so I'll need to make cardio days a bit fancier.

Anyway, benefits of waking up early to workout:

1. I finally have free (and guilt free) afternoons again!
    2. I barely cheated, food wise, all week. After a tough morning workout, I no longer want junk food ruining my breakfast, lunch, or dinners. I made it a point to make even my less than perfect meals have redeeming value.
    3. On my non-workout days (Wed, Fri), I still woke up at my normal 6:00AM time more energized than I have been in months. This is because my Tue/Thu workouts had me pretty tired and going to bed a bit earlier, and sleeping better.

I will admit the first 5-10 minutes when I first woke up were pretty miserable. What worked for me was to sit in my chair for a few minutes and curse about how much I hate the world, go weigh myself, and then make a smoothie and drink it as I was getting prepared for the gym. (Also, I packed my bag and everything the night before.)

If you work out in the morning, I highly advise eating some sort of snack before going to the gym. You'll be more awake and have a better workout if you do.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I really like it! That is, once I got over the fact that I'm getting up at 4:30AM.

Of course, I only did it twice this week - Tue and Thur. I couldn't motivate myself to get up that early for the cardio days, so I'll need to make cardio days a bit fancier.

Anyway, benefits of waking up early to workout:

1. I finally have free (and guilt free) afternoons again!
    2. I barely cheated, food wise, all week. After a tough morning workout, I no longer want junk food ruining my breakfast, lunch, or dinners. I made it a point to make even my less than perfect meals have redeeming value.
    3. On my non-workout days (Wed, Fri), I still woke up at my normal 6:00AM time more energized than I have been in months. This is because my Tue/Thu workouts had me pretty tired and going to bed a bit earlier, and sleeping better.

I will admit the first 5-10 minutes when I first woke up were pretty miserable. What worked for me was to sit in my chair for a few minutes and curse about how much I hate the world, go weigh myself, and then make a smoothie and drink it as I was getting prepared for the gym. (Also, I packed my bag and everything the night before.)

If you work out in the morning, I highly advise eating some sort of snack before going to the gym. You'll be more awake and have a better workout if you do.
    ^ Woo-hoo!

About eating beforehand... I had a trainer last year and she said it was best to eat a small amount of protein after exercise and also, you should never exercise on an empty stomach.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    ^ Woo-hoo!

About eating beforehand... I had a trainer last year and she said it was best to eat a small amount of protein after exercise and also, you should never exercise on an empty stomach.
    Yup. Although I'd take it a step further and say that post exercise snacks should also include carbs. In fact, right after a workout is the best time to eat carbs - even simple ones.