User Tag List

First 2937383940414989139 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Crap. So I might as well do something I like, like walk a lot more?

I am okay with my weight right now. I'm around 120 lbs, 5'2" tall, and small-framed, which seems not bad for a 39 year old mother of four.

Until about five years ago I weighed under 90 lbs, so I'm happy to have gained some weight. I just don't want to keep gaining at that rate and I don't like where a lot of it landed.

Try as I might when I was younger I could not gain weight and I didn't consciously do anything to finally start gaining, so I don't feel very in control of it. That makes me nervous because I know it's hard to get off once it gets on and I'm not getting any younger.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

120 at 5'2?!! You're a stick, what do you mean high end of normal range?!

I'm 146 at 5'3!!

To edit: I didnt mean that in a bad way.. It's just so impossible for me to get down to that size. I was only ever 119 once in my life, and I must've aged years within the few months it took me to get there.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Glycerine

yeah 120 is pretty good. One of my good friends is 5'2 and she fluctuates between 110-120 lbs. We both are fairly petite but she's just a bit more curvy than me. According to BMI, 120 for 5' 2 is perfect... its pretty much in the middle of the normal range.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    120 at 5'2?!! You're a stick, what do you mean high end of normal range?!

I'm 146 at 5'3!!

To edit: I didnt mean that in a bad way.. It's just so impossible for me to get down to that size. I was only ever 119 once in my life, and I must've aged years within the few months it took me to get there.
    Frame makes a big difference. I have a really, really small frame. Like a bird or something. Too small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    yeah 120 is pretty good. One of my good friends is 5'2 and she fluctuates between 110-120 lbs. We both are fairly petite but she's just a bit more curvy than me. According to BMI, 120 for 5' 2 is perfect... its pretty much in the middle of the normal range.
    Yeah, the only time I've had curves was when I was breast-feeding. And now I am getting them in the wrong places.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Everyone has six pack abs, but you have to have a pretty low body fat percentage for them to actually show.
    Also, for the most part, it's usually unhealthy for females (and to a certain extent, males) to have fully defined six-packs because you have to get down to a pretty low body fat percentage. The body needs fat to protect the cells and organs.

MBTI
    INTP

cafe--I betcha anything quitting daily soda will help you drop those few pounds without you doing anything else to your diet. You sound like you have a good metabolism. I'm the same way--when I quit (or cut back on) my ICEE intake, I lose weight relatively effortlessly. You'll be able to see your ab muscles then, most likely. Maybe not like in the fitness magazines (I think those people do nothing but eat grilled chicken breasts and drink protein shakes.), but it'll do a lot toward removing the layer covering your abs.

Walked three fast/cardio miles today, made homemade pasta and veggies. Fourth day of just one small ICEE. Don't really crave extra sugar anymore, nor processed foods. Looked at the Big Cheez Its and chips in my pantry and the fudge on my counter, and didn't want any of it. Kinda grossed out by the thought.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Okay, I haven't been posting my progress, because I have been too lazy. I think I will just post at the end of the week.

I have done everything I am supposed to do every day this week.

It feels pretty great.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Okay, I haven't been posting my progress, because I have been too lazy. I think I will just post at the end of the week.

I have done everything I am supposed to do every day this week.

It feels pretty great.
    Have you been training so much your fingers are tired?

I had a training partner who went shopping after a training session only to have the cashier call the manager to check his signature, his fingers were shaking so much he couldn't sign his name.

MBTI
    ENFJ

My right leg and arm are still sore after Wednesday's walk.

If we're walking again I just won't do it...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Frame makes a big difference. I have a really, really small frame. Like a bird or something. Too small.

Yeah, the only time I've had curves was when I was breast-feeding. And now I am getting them in the wrong places.
    Well, you are off to a great start. Let's see how your current plan of action is working over the course of a couple of weeks, and adjust it if necessary.

I agree with Tallulah about the soda. 2 Cherry Cokes (12oz cans) are 300 calories, and over 12 days will amount to 1 pound. I know Coke Zero isn't as good, but the question is: Is the sacrifice in taste worth it? Anyway, that's just a thought, as the diet Cokes with aspartame have their own potential issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Also, for the most part, it's usually unhealthy for females (and to a certain extent, males) to have fully defined six-packs because you have to get down to a pretty low body fat percentage. The body needs fat to protect the cells and organs.
    You have to start being very careful when you get into the lower body fat % for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Walked three fast/cardio miles today, made homemade pasta and veggies. Fourth day of just one small ICEE. Don't really crave extra sugar anymore, nor processed foods. Looked at the Big Cheez Its and chips in my pantry and the fudge on my counter, and didn't want any of it. Kinda grossed out by the thought.
    Hah, I love it when I get to the stage where the cravings go away. Are these items yours? If so, may I recommend you throw them away? Things you leave in the pantry have a tendency to get eaten if left there long enough.