User Tag List

First 1464104112113114115116124164214 Last

Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 3324

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I dunno about BF%, Id like it to be a bit lower but I don't think my female figure allows it to dip into the teens so I suppose this is as close as I will get, but based on the results 20% would be perfect at a weight of 130.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Since my husband died 6 months ago, I've lost quite a bit of weight. It was a combination of not having much of an appetite, and when I DID eat, I didn't have any desire for junk food. My body just wanted real food. Anything for the junk food aisle is my downfall. I love the crispiness.

I'm only 5'1". I used to weight 155 and wear a size 14.
    Last time I checked (I don't own a scale) I weighed under 130 and I'm wearing size 8 right now.

I would like to stay this size because the clothes available in the stores is so much nicer at this size, but that's going to take discipline I think.
    I can't go back to my old habits, or I will just end up a size 14 again.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Unfortunately, it does take discipline. I've read it takes about a year for your body to adjust to a new body type, so that means internally you are still a size 14, and your mind is trying to get you back there because that is what it thinks is 'normal'.

If you can stay at a size 8 for a year or so, it should start feeling more natural to you. I believe you manage this.

One trick is to pay attention to how clothes fit. If they start getting tight on you, you know that you need to sharpen up a bit. Change your behavior before you need to change your clothes.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

A simple formula calorie-wise is to take your target weight and times it by 10 (1,300kcal in your case). Some simple substitutions will help you achieve your goal, but 130 is a decent weight to manage and leaves for some wiggle room in your diet. I believe you'll be fine so long as 3/4ths of your consuming is 'real' food, while the other 1/4th is whatever you shove in your mouth from said lovely aisle.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ

25 min yoga

I think I'm too fat to do yoga.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Unfortunately, it does take discipline. I've read it takes about a year for your body to adjust to a new body type, so that means internally you are still a size 14, and your mind is trying to get you back there because that is what it thinks is 'normal'.

If you can stay at a size 8 for a year or so, it should start feeling more natural to you. I believe you manage this.

One trick is to pay attention to how clothes fit. If they start getting tight on you, you know that you need to sharpen up a bit. Change your behavior before you need to change your clothes.
    Thanks for the input!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I completed my Chest and Triceps workout, and went for a 60 minute walk.

I really dislike going to the gym after work, but I'm glad I got it out of the way so I can avoid the cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    25 min yoga

I think I'm too fat to do yoga.
    Yoga is harder than it looks. Not only does it really test your flexibility, but it also works your core strength. When I was looking into joining a rock gym for mountain climbing 4 years ago, the guy I talked to suggested Yoga as a great way to strengthen my core muscles in preparation for rock climbing.

Here is a pretty solid article on diet I was reading today. Seven Simple Steps to Get Lean and Get Healthy
    Seven reminds me of an old article 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Here is a pretty solid article on diet I was reading today. Seven Simple Steps to Get Lean and Get Healthy
    Seven reminds me of an old article 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs
    Thanks for that article Wolfy.
    Apparently, it's a PART OF a plan because the writer says to cut out all these things and then reintroduce them one at a time... later... but that part isn't in the article.

Helpful just the same, though.
    Though I was wondering... after you cut all that out, what is there left to eat?! LOL!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't think I could possibly follow either of those because there would never be enough food in the house.

Maybe I should just forego food all together?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge