MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Se wants to develop Ne

Is it possible? How can I do it?

I'm quite fond of Ne in the use of creative art and would very much like to develop that side. But I need that Si anchor, too. I'm so used to Se/Ni.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

ThatGirl

Next time you find yourself using heavy Se, imagine what it would be like to have ADD too. Then act it out. Bam! Ne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Next time you find yourself using heavy Se, imagine what it would be like to have ADD too. Then act it out. Bam! Ne.
    Um, actually no. ADHD is very common in Se types because of the hyperactivity aspect.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Just throwing this out there.. but whenever you experience something, try to ask yourself what else it can mean, what could it symbolize, what is connected to it, what is it's relation in space and time. Try to see it as a mystery, then consider all the ideas of the mystery.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    but whenever you experience something, try to ask yourself what else it can mean, what could it symbolize,
    She could do that using her Ni.

According to Jungian cognitive theory Ne and Se cannot even co-exist. Because they're attitudes, not shirts you change into.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Just throwing this out there.. but whenever you experience something, try to ask yourself what else it can mean, what could it symbolize, what is connected to it, what is it's relation in space and time. Try to see it as a mystery, then consider all the ideas of the mystery.
    I actually do tend to do this, and related it to Ni. Though I used to think it was Ne.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    She could do that using her Ni.

According to Jungian cognitive theory Ne and Se cannot even co-exist. Because they're attitudes, not shirts you change into.
    I realize this, yes I do. But if she wants to entertain these ideas who am I to discourage. It is a theory right? It's what Jung thought to be correct and couldn't prove.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You won't change your mindset, but you can adopt traits of Ne by sort of mimicking Ne style of thinking. It's not going to turn you into an NP of course.

Some other thinking activities (in addition to what's been suggested already) for building Ne-like skills:
    - Imagine currently reality as a cage, and brainstorm on how you can escape that cage, but not in a physical sense.
    - Try to broaden your external context, assuming the apparent facts & sensations/experiences have left out some aspect of reality, an important part that will key you into a "solution".
    - Don't view anything as impossible, even if its only possibility is remote, unlikely or completely fantastical.
    - Don't dismiss contemplating & mentally exploring these remote possibilities even if you have no intention of doing it and/or it has no practical value.
    - Trust hypothesis over experience.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 08-17-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typos
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    - Imagine currently reality as a cage, and how brainstorm on how you can escape that cage, but not in a physical sense.

- Don't view anything as impossible, even if its only possibility is remote, unlikely or completely fantastical.

- Don't dismiss contemplating & mentally exploring these remote possibilities even if you have no intention of doing it and/or it has no practical value.

- Trust hypothesis over experience.
    These make me feel as though I definitely do not have Ne. Especially the bolded, that just seems crazy to me.

However, I erased the second one because I do that. I do look for things that are between the lines. I must have some serious Ni development, then, to even think I was Ne.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I could use many beautiful metaphors about Se and Ne. Even write poetry about them. But it all comes down to this. Se is tangible, whereas Ne is not.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf