User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    ...Am I or are the others crazy?
    Neither and both is true. The term 'crazy' is very much like the term 'wrong'. If something is wrong, it is wrong for something else. It is now merely a matter of perspective whether the key or the door is wrong. From afar, they are simply wrong for each other. However, since we always take our own, subjective perspective, it is usually the others who are wrong - or crazy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm an extremely eccentric and neurotic person, but as far as I know possess enough intelligence and grasp of reality to observe that most people, in fact, are not crazy. They may think they are crazy because of personality quirks, depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, being overwhelmed with current life events, or even because they are creative and have ideas that are different than others. Been there, done that, and I will advise that there are very safe and effective medications they make these days for people with minor (but life altering) nervous or neurological disturbances like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I am pro-med in this respect, I think people should take care of their brains and nerves just like they'd take care of their stomach or heart.

The word "crazy" is pretty derogatory is most commonly applied to people who are merely outspoken, imaginative, emotionally sensitive, or somehow simply deviate from current cultural norms. Personally the only thing I think is "crazy" is when people are so mentally ill that they actually have lost contact with reality and are experiencing extreme delusions and hallucinations, or are doing truly sick and unnatural things like secretly murdering people and having sex with their dead bodies.

However, I'm only human, and have been known to call people crazy for simply being emotionally immature or having OCD. It's not nice, but I do think it's common.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    THey are on that stuff
    This is how I ended up the last time I was on that stuff. (Minus the pants)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post

We're All Mad Here
    i've thought about getting that tattooed. haha.

"sanity is the playground for the unimaginative."

am i insane to prefer insanity?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm an extremely eccentric and neurotic person, but as far as I know possess enough intelligence and grasp of reality to observe that most people, in fact, are not crazy. They may think they are crazy because of personality quirks, depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, being overwhelmed with current life events, or even because they are creative and have ideas that are different than others. Been there, done that, and I will advise that there are very safe and effective medications they make these days for people with minor (but life altering) nervous or neurological disturbances like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I am pro-med in this respect, I think people should take care of their brains and nerves just like they'd take care of their stomach or heart.

The word "crazy" is pretty derogatory is most commonly applied to people who are merely outspoken, imaginative, emotionally sensitive, or somehow simply deviate from current cultural norms. Personally the only thing I think is "crazy" is when people are so mentally ill that they actually have lost contact with reality and are experiencing extreme delusions and hallucinations, or are doing truly sick and unnatural things like secretly murdering people and having sex with their dead bodies.

However, I'm only human, and have been known to call people crazy for simply being emotionally immature or having OCD. It's not nice, but I do think it's common.
    i was actually just in another thread on typology a few minutes ago, where a girl was talking about how it seems that the more and more people she meets, the more she's noticing that everyone is a little odd. i think it's normal to be a little odd or a little crazy. life's crazy... and it imprints us in different ways. and we all have our differences and weirdnesses and eccentricities and histories.

i left the quote on her thread: "the only normal people are the people you don't know well." (not sure who said this or where i heard it, but always liked it.)

i hope i didn't deviate away from the point...

but anyways... i don't think psychosis is what einstein was implying.
    -John Green

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i've thought about getting that tattooed. haha
    I think you should do it. Do you mean the quote too? Just always make sure you check the spelling, otherwise you'll end up with a Tupac quote on your back that says, "My only fear on beath is reincarnation." Could be worse though. My friend has "All Jeyes on me" across his stomach.

am i insane to prefer insanity?
    I'm gonna lean towards no since sanity is supposedly just sharing the delusions of our neighbors.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^oh, just the quote. not the image.
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

When in doubt, just blame it on other people. At least it makes you feel at peace. And superior.

(Why yes, dear, I just had coffee. How did YOU know?)
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

A matter of perception and therefore somewhat subjective. The abnormalities in a person's mind moving towards the extreme from the common consensus of the general population's view on what is considered normal. It is a flexible matter though most would have their own individual thoughts on what the abnormal is with strong influence of the general view. The general view limits their perception of it into certain boundaries.

MBTI
    INFJ

Am I weird? A safe question. Am I crazy? Red flags.