User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Stupid Thinkers...

Are Ts always intelligent? I don't think so.

Ts prefer to use logic rather than emotions to decide upon. That doesn't imply their logic is strong...

I've found an example. Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda, Roald Dahl) is a stupid ESTJ. She loves to watch soaps, but she doesn't care one iota about the characters - she likes to look at profit and riches. A girl has to take care of her appearance... to get a rich husband. Everything is aimed at the goal of a rich and easy life.

I'm in search of:
    - other examples
    - maybe some descriptions of stupid Thinkers

PS. the twin question: is it possible to be a Feeler with the emotional depth of a teaspoon?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Some people would consider the goal of having a rich and easy life very intelligent. Also, if you look at the not-so-distant past, women pretty much had to rely on men so it made perfect sense to look good to get a rich husband if being rich was your goal in life. That isn't stupidity. It's base. We could even say there's something primitive and degrading about it. But it isn't stupid.

I agree with you, though, that not all Ts are smarties. Logic isn't infallable.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes to both questions. I know stupid thinkers (some who's stupidity they can't help due to mental issues). I do know feelers who don't have that much emotional depth... but they obviously make decisions based on their feelings entirely. They are bad with their own emotions, yet make decisions based off of them.

Bad news it would seem.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    enfp

I think sometimes i have the emotional depth of a teaspoon

Like the other day, someone was calling me at 3am a bazillion times, but i didn't answer cus I was with a bunch of peoples and i didn't want to see that person at the time. later i found out that person had a flat tire in a dangerous neighborhood and was scared.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Are Ts always intelligent? I don't think so.

Ts prefer to use logic rather than emotions to decide upon. That doesn't imply their logic is strong...

I've found an example. Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda, Roald Dahl) is a stupid ESTJ. She loves to watch soaps, but she doesn't care one iota about the characters - she likes to look at profit and riches. A girl has to take care of her appearance... to get a rich husband. Everything is aimed at the goal of a rich and easy life.

I'm in search of:
    - other examples
    - maybe some descriptions of stupid Thinkers

PS. the twin question: is it possible to be a Feeler with the emotional depth of a teaspoon?

Well, I think you see Mrs. Wormwood as stupid partially because she has Te and you have Ti. The aims and values of those functions are very different. In her value system, getting rich and making profit (and watching how these things occur) is much more important than identifying with the characters or caring about whether or not her actions are seen by others as logically consistent. That's Te for you.

Stupid Thinkers are just those who have no use of Feeling/don't understand the value in Feeling regardless of the situation. "Stupid" in typology terms can be described pretty easily as failing to understand why anyone would ever use the opposite function--being so mired in your perspective that you can't even grasp how the opposite one might have any value, ever.

Regarding stupid feelers--yes, it's possible to be an F type with very poor use of Feeling, assuming your use of Thinking is even worse. Most "stupid Feelers" are just people who don't understand why Thinking would ever have any value, though.

Most people unconsciously define "intelligent" as "good at my dominant function" because they don't see any other perspectives well enough to recognize that their dominant function isn't somehow objectively the "correct" approach to life. Very few people actually consider themselves genuinely stupid, because intelligence is relative.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, I think you see Mrs. Wormwood as stupid partially because she has Te and you have Ti.
    I don't think that's the only reason. I've found lots of intelligent Te user examples (both real and fictional) around me. Mrs. Wormwood was very interesting to me because she was the first stupid Thinker example I found.
    True, Te gets the job done for her... like a Te should do. But I wouldn't call her "intelligent"...

Most people unconsciously define "intelligent" as "good at my dominant function" because they don't see any other perspectives well enough to recognize that their dominant function isn't somehow objectively the "correct" approach to life. Very few people actually consider themselves genuinely stupid, because intelligence is relative.
    This is a very interesting point!

Te-dom: "why don't you do it my way, you will reach your goals much faster."
    Ti-dom: "why don't you do it my way, that's at least consistent."
    Fe-dom: "why don't you do it my way, you'll have a lot of relations you can rely on."
    Fi-dom: "why don't you do it my way, you'll be true to yourself."
    Se-dom:" why don't you do it my way, there's a lot of interesting observations you miss out."
    Si-dom: "why don't you do it my way, there's no use to inventing the warm water twice."
    Ne-dom: "why don't you do it my way, there are a lot of interesting ideas you miss out."
    Ni-dom: "why don't you do it my way, using your warm water knowledge for all warm liquids?"

The main reason why I'd call Mrs. Wormwood "stupid" is because she isn't curious and is unable to accept new ideas... so I'm actually calling her stupid for not using Ne!

Let me do a little experiment...
    Mrs Wormwood: "Tamske is stupid, because she's making life difficult. She could have a much easier life, just doing her job and relaxing afterwards. She's even unable to enjoy herself, she's always longing for some unattainable goal!"

You're absolutely right. Very interesting!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    I think sometimes i have the emotional depth of a teaspoon

Like the other day, someone was calling me at 3am a bazillion times, but i didn't answer cus I was with a bunch of peoples and i didn't want to see that person at the time. later i found out that person had a flat tire in a dangerous neighborhood and was scared.
    Based on your posting, I don't think anyone would question your emotional depth.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by FeatheredFrenzy View Post
    Based on your posting, I don't think anyone would question your emotional depth.
    huh? is that in a good way or a bad way?? i hope its good. hehe

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    huh? is that in a good way or a bad way?? i hope its good. hehe
    It's good!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My emotional depth is a mile long. I just put a lid on it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf