This is in reference to Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's concept of 'flow'.
I am wondering during which activities you experience 'flow'.
Please read the following before posting to be sure you have a basic understanding of the requirements of a 'flow activity'.
A few of my own 'flow' activities: 1) Practicing a foreign language, 2) Swimming (in a structured class), 3) Singing along to my favorite music, 4) Practicing a musical piece on flute/keyboard/voice, 5) Transcribing dictation (oddly, yes).How can I tell I'm in psychological flow?
If you experience most of these seven characteristics, you are probably in flow
* You have a feeling of oneness, even of ecstasy
* You feel completely involved and concentrated on whatever you are doing
* The task involves a strong challenge but you feel able to meet it
* You experience a wonderful sense of serenity
* Time does not pass in the usual way
* You sense that what you are doing is worth it for its own sake, not just for some end product
* You have a feeling of being in control