User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I generally don't look into both eyes unless I am "invited" by the other person. In casual conversation I am aware of my eyes moving from each eye and about the face, sometimes glancing away.

I think when I glance at others' faces what I am most aware of is the feeling state their face expresses. I make initial eye contact briefly and check out what's going on under the surface and then respond accordingly.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Guys.... you can't focus both of YOUR eyes simulatenously onto both of THIER eyes.... not geometrically possible in 3-space. To look at both you would either have to focus on the middle nose ridge, or essentially "look past" their face so your left eye looks at thier right and vice versa - this however would blur their face.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Guys.... you can't focus both of YOUR eyes simulatenously onto both of THIER eyes.... not geometrically possible in 3-space. To look at both you would either have to focus on the middle nose ridge, or essentially "look past" their face so your left eye looks at thier right and vice versa - this however would blur their face.
    Details, details.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I keep monitoring facial expressions and bodily movements while talking to people a lot of times- keeping track of what they're feeling towards what I'm saying and doing and whether they're going to bite on what I'm trying to convince them of and such- but often while talking to people I'm trying to sell them something

While really talking to a friend I'm usually sitting beside them and looking straight ahead- it's more comfortable that way for talking about deeper issues.

I do look a person in both eyes when I'm talking though- not one or the other because that would seem unbalanced to me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ThatGirl

hm,

this got me to thinking actually. I dont ever make eye contact with people unless it is the eyebrows up, chin down, "You see?!" look.

MBTI
    isfp

Both -- at least, I've never thought about it, but I'm sure I take in both eyes at once as well as the expression in them.

Sarah

MBTI
    INTP

I seldom make eye contact; when I deliberately try to do so, I alternate between eyes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Really?
    ya i second that but yet i will still answer the question

idk which eye lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

hmmm...I tend to move from eye to eye to lips to nose to eye brows..really all over the face and body in general. I don't like to stay focused on eyes so much b/c I think it makes people uncomfortable...well, at least I get uncomfortable talking to ppl who only make eye contact...I think you read a person better by taking it all in vs just what their eyes are saying.
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Are you asking because you heard that the left eye is the 'love' eye and the right eye is the 'aggressive' eye?
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org