User Tag List

Thread: 1w2 Type

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default 1w2 Type

So what's it like?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

If I am, in fact, a 1w2, as I suspect I am, it involves a combination between
    1. The need to DO EVERYTHING CORRECTLY ALL THE FREAKING TIME, and
    2. A need to be liked. Whatever the reasoning is behind this, it's so internalized that I have no idea what it is.

And I'm affected much more by embarrassment than other people - and by that, I mean that it makes me more upset than it would make other people upset. And by upset, I mean a big internal reaction and a hardly noticeable external reaction.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP

I can imagine they are people that are focused on improving their environment according to their moral standards that have a strong desire to project their values onto their environment as opposed to a propensity to seek agreement within one's environment.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Also, here's some relevant stuff from my posts on other threads:

...I'm notorious in my family for having to explain, in detail, why I did a particular thing, if they don't approve of it, and getting upset when they say that they don't care about the explanation ('cause I always REALLY HAVE TO SAY IT). I'm pretty sure that it's because doing things wrong makes me very, very embarrassed, and that humiliation makes me try to defend myself against further "attack".
    ...When someone asks me to do things that I'm unfamiliar with, I ask a bazillion questions to make sure I'm doing everything the way it's supposed to be done.
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I can imagine they are people that are focused on improving their environment according to their moral standards that have a strong desire to project their values onto their environment as opposed to a propensity to seek agreement within one's environment.
    ...Yeah, I'm definitely like that.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Sniffles

LL made mention in the other thread about a description of 1w2 that she seemed to resonate with. I'm guessing this might be what she was talking about:
    1w2s in contrast sees the 1w9 focus as too detached from humanity and have a more practical morality focus, for example things between people like ethics and etiquette. The 1w2's focus on where to fix things is more in the trenches due to their 2 wing. They value connections between others above abstract ideals in terms of application of principles. They are more "human" which makes them better suited towards activism than philosophy. They take social issues more seriously and define fairness and what is right less in absolute terms and more what they see is equitable for others. This is why they are said to be natural advocates. In comparison to the 1w9, the 1w2 has less internal conflict between thought and action and feels more compelled than burdened. 1w2s feel more compelled to address what needs fixing in the shared interpersonal space between them and others. They see this as their duty. This combined with using the moral highground to establish and protect personal boundaries between themselves and others makes them seem more authoritarian. While they are harder on others around them and can seem condescending, they are also very hard on themselves. They would have a hard time looking at themselves in the mirror if they didn't take action.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post946727

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    LL made mention in the other thread about a description of 1w2 that she seemed to resonate with. I'm guessing this might be what she was talking about:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post946727
    for contrast, heres 1w9:

1w9s see allowing unnecessary self-interested emotions as detracting from their objectivity. They have a greater focus on abstract and impersonal ideals that can withstand the test of time and endure an imperfect world just as they themselves consistently "withstand" and "endure". They are more stoic and cerebral and may theorize about how things should inherently be, the "perfect" virtues to adhere to, the "perfect" way to live by. It's no accident that many philosophers are 1w9s as constructing systems of thought based on their "moral postulates" is textbook 1w9 thinking, starting with assumptions they "just know"(instinctive) to be right(valuing/feeling) to build systems of thought(thinking). The principal author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, was also a 1w9. The downside of their stronger thinking function compared to their two-winged siblings is experiencing more internal conflicts between what they "reason out"(thinking) and what they "just know to be true"(instinctive). This causes their superego to step in more and lead to a more repressed personality that makes them harder on themselves than others. Spock is a fictional 1w9 and Vulcan history is also very 1w9: "By the 4th century, Vulcan was tearing itself apart. Their rampant emotions combined with a hostile warrior culture led to many wars using atomic weapons. But out of this came a philosopher named Surak, who would propose leading a life governed by logic rather than emotion. His teachings quickly spread, and Vulcan finally began a shift towards peace."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

In terms of interpersonal dislike, I don't care if I have to work with someone I hate who is okay with me (because I can very easily set that hatred aside so the job can get done and we can work together and things won't get awkward), but I do care if the person hates me and I like them okay, because I feel really awkward about it, because it's usually pretty easy to tell that they hate me.

Is that related to being a 1w2? Do any of you relate?