• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] My Enneagram Type: A Case of Perma-Uncertainty

Andronas

MBTI Type
INTP
I've spent a number of years learning about the Enneagram and personality psychology in general, and yet I find myself always experiencing a large degree of uncertainty about it. Even after taking tests, reading articles, and wondering about what type I might be, I still find myself not really feeling myself to be a member of a certain type. I can always look at my own personality from a different perspective, a different angle, and I'm never really sure what description applies the most to me. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions when I think about what types I am? The question in my mind that also occurs is, "What if it's all BS?" It's entirely possible that it's all just made-up, and that we've all deceived ourselves into thinking that type is a real thing when really it's just an imaginary construct that doesn't exist. I'm not sure how much other members take the field of typology seriously, but it seems to me that, unless there's an objective basis for it in reality, there's really no use in studying it.

That said, I seem to be most likely something in the withdrawn triad simply because of how I've generally acted over the years. I've looked at every type except type 2. For some reason, that's the only type I can't imagine myself being. There are possibilities, but 5, 4, and 9 seem most likely. Based on what I've written above, some might say Nine, simply because I appear to have a somewhat shifting sense of self. What do you guys think? Not enough info? Inconclusive? Otherwise? I realize I've gone into more than the Enneagram here, but humor me please.