12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Forum Statistics - % of Enneagram Types

The following is a set of statistics on forum membership. There are three pieces of data:

Before 2010 - % of forum members who joined prior to 1/1/2010 (earlier members)
    After 1/2012 - % of forum members that have posted since 1/1/2012 (active members)
    Population - % of Enneagram types in Rheti testing in 1998

The point of this is to identify which predominant Enneagram types are on the forum and compare this to the Enneagram types in the overall population at large. The Rheti stats are the best ones I could find. If someone has anything better, let me know.

What would you speculate on these things:
    - Why would we have so few Enneagram 9s, 6s, 1s, and 2s compared to the population at large?
    - Why would we have so many Enneagram 5s and 4s compared to the population at large?
    - It looks like the previous dominance of 4s and 5s may be decreasing and percentage of 6s is increasing. Thoughts as to why?
    - Any other thoughts?

Call for comments from:

@Zarathustra @Elfboy @Viridian @The Great One @Cloud of Thunder @tkae. @Tyrinth @RaptorWizard @Giggly @Aramis @Amargith @ayoitsStepho @BlackCat @Chloe @EJCC @Eric B @Udog @FDG @gromit @YWIR @JAVO @Eilonwy @Halla74 @_Poki_ @Jeffster @JocktheMotie @KDude @DiscoBiscuit @Seymour @MDP2525 @lauranna @Nerd Girl @Orangey @Nomenclature @Samsara @Falcarius @SilkRoad @Starry @skylights @StephMC @wolfy @whatever @uumlau @Orobas @Jennifer @Ivy @cafe @mia @Nicodemus @cascadeco @fia @CuriousFeeling @Patches @Haight @HelenOfTroy @The Outsider @EcK @FDG @Mal+ @Dominique @fidelia @SuchIrony @wolfy @INTP @Red Herring @jontherobot @erm @Kasper @Speed Gavroche
    Last edited by highlander; 04-06-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Any other thoughts?
    Why are the e-types not in number order on the x-axis? Makes it hard to grasp the gist quickly, plus the font is very small.

Do these e-types correlate with the distribution of MBTI types on the forum? This differs from the overall population as well. I don't know enough about the enneagram to speculate productively, except that many INs are often e5 or e4, and other threads have already discussed their (our) predisposition to online forums.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Why are the e-types not in number order on the x-axis? Makes it hard to grasp the gist quickly, plus the font is very small.

Do these e-types correlate with the distribution of MBTI types on the forum? This differs from the overall population as well. I don't know enough about the enneagram to speculate productively, except that many INs are often e5 or e4, and other threads have already discussed their (our) predisposition to online forums.
    It's sorted by % of current forum membership (people who have posted since 1/1/2012). I know the font is a little small. Maybe there is a way to fix that.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

plus the font is very small.
    Fixed

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Ok, I'll speculate.

- Why would we have so few Enneagram 2 and 9s compared to the population at large?
    2s are too occupied trying to help people (or guilt tripping them for not reciprocating the help), and therefore don't have much time or focus left to try to understand themselves.
    9s like typology; I believe many supposed 4s and 5s are actually mistyped 9s and 6s.
    - Why would we have so many Enneagram 5s and 4s compared to the population at large?
    5s want to acquire every sort of knowledge, while 4s are searching for their identity.

- Any other thoughts?
    I believe the population of 1s, 3s and 6s is considerably bigger and the population of 4s and 5s is considerably smaller.
    Last edited by Rasofy; 09-02-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: I meant 3 instead of 2

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

There is this:

And this:

INTPs are usually 5 or 6
    INFPs are usually 2, 4, 5, or 9
    INFJs are usually 1, 6 or 4
    INTJs are usually 1, 3, 5, 6, or 8

So, looking at that, we should have a lot of 6s. We should have a lot of 5s. INFPs and INFJs are frequently 4s.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I've always thought the percentage of 3s would be far greater within the population. Quite surprising they appear the lowest.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

pretty much corresponds with the mbti percentages you posted i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    pretty much corresponds with the mbti percentages you posted i think.
    Well it should . This is what the breakdown of INFPs on the forum looks like for example.

Last edited by highlander; 04-06-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

2 equal exfj who tend not to feel socially isolated and thus don't seek communion on the internet. 4 + 5 equal inxx which often are isolated due to intelligence on the positive end of the scale or because of self blaming (humans are designed to compare themselves to others in their environment if they feel the statistical deviation from the mean is too divergent they will feel as though probability for mating is low which will impact self-esteem and turn the individual against him/herself)
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.