123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Enneagram types correlating with instincts

I've noticed that the enneagram types' motivations seem to correlate and de-correlate with the instincts. 4's are the weirdos for some reason, the wing really seems to change 4's a lot in this regard. Here's what I'm thinking-

1-

sp- Positive
    so- Neutral
    sx- Negative

2-

sp- Negative
    so- Positive
    sx- Neutral

3-

sp- Negative
    so- Neutral
    sx- Positive

4w3-

sp- Negative
    so- Positive
    sx- Neutral

4w5-

sp-Positive
    so- Negative
    sx- Neutral

5-

sp- Positive
    so- Neutral
    sx- Negative

6-

sp- Neutral
    so- Positive
    sx- Negative

7-

sp- Negative
    so- Neutral
    sx- Positive

8-

sp- Neutral
    so- Negative
    sx- Positive

9-

sp- Positive
    so- Negative
    sx- Positive

Feel free to correct me. This has just been a thought in my head for a while, and this is by no means how it really is.

And also, THESE AREN'T SET CORRELATIONS. Just what instincts seem "natural" for the types in particular.

What do you think? Do you think the wings of the other types affect it a lot too?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

What do you mean by negative/positive/neutral?

Every type is motivated by all of them so I'm not sure how you see it playing out.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    What do you mean by negative/positive/neutral?

Every type is motivated by all of them so I'm not sure how you see it playing out.
    Well positive means that it correlates with the type, neutral means well, neutral, and negative means it de correlates. Like with 7's, 7's seem to be correlated to sx because they are an aggressive type (openly try to get what their ego wants). They are always like "I want to do this" "I want to try this new thing" etc.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I think it's with regards to clashing with or intensifying the primary fixation.

To use myself as an example, being an sx negatively clashes with my primary 5 fixation of being independently competent and maintaining a detached perspective, as I instinctively feel a need to forge extremely intimate and potent connections. Whereas if I were an sp, the instinctive need for autonomy and independence aligns with the 5 fixation above.

I think?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think it's with regards to clashing with or intensifying the primary fixation.

To use myself as an example, being an sx negatively clashes with my primary 5 fixation of being independently competent and maintaining a detached perspective, as I instinctively feel a need to forge extremely intimate and potent connections. Whereas if I were an sp, the instinctive need for autonomy and independence aligns with the 5 fixation above.

I think?
    Yeah something like that.

5's de correlate with sx because also they want to remain emotionally detached, and seem to be naturally uncomfortable with close relationships with people. They also try to cut their needs and wants.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well positive means that it correlates with the type, neutral means well, neutral, and negative means it de correlates. Like with 7's, 7's seem to be correlated to sx because they are an aggressive type (openly try to get what their ego wants). They are always like "I want to do this" "I want to try this new thing" etc.
    Ahhh, I was going somewhere else entirely, in that case I agree with sp being negatively correlated with type 7.

Not so sure about sx being positive and so being neutral though, I'd be inclined to have them the other way around. I don't see 7 as aggressive, even with a 8 wing, the motivation is still fun and excitement.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

is it okay if i ask this here?

was wondering if this test was relatively accurate in your opinion.
    http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/variant.pl

and...i thought i was sx/so...but maybe i am sx/sp like this says...hmm
    opinion?

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 86%
    Social ||||||||| 26%
    Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 42%
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Ahhh, I was going somewhere else entirely, in that case I agree with sp being negatively correlated with type 7.

Not so sure about sx being positive and so being neutral though, I'd be inclined to have them the other way around. I don't see 7 as aggressive, even with a 8 wing, the motivation is still fun and excitement.
    i take it to mean aggressively in seek of fun and excitement tho....more assertive...you know?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm sure there are correlations. I did observe the sx-doms thread had quite a few fives though, especially 5w4. And just browsing some of these enneagram threads today, I've read a number of 5s discussing about how they crave learning about people and understanding them in an intimate way. I'd think a lot of types that tend to be introverts would crave these deep one-on-one connections.

I don't think each type would have one positive, one negative and one neutral. It's probably messier than that.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i take it to mean aggressively in seek of fun and excitement tho....more assertive...you know?
    To me so still seems most applicable, so/sx to be specific. It's lighter, less serious, more high energy, more fun and group focused.

I can see the point of sx sevens focusing on intense experiences and that being ultra-typical of seven behaviour. Iunno, maybe the mix of sx and so are positively correlated with seven while any sp mix isn't?