8 Inferior introverted feeling E(N/S)TJ
    2 Inferior introverted thinking E(N/S)FJ
    3 Inferior introverted intuition ES(T/F)P
    7 Inferior introverted sensing EN(T/F)P
    5 Inferior extraverted feeling I(N/S)TP
    9 Inferior extraverted thinking I(N/S)FP
    6 Inferior extraverted intuition IS(T/F)J
    4 Inferior extraverted sensing IN(T/F)J

this is the best equation i've ever seen. So while most ENXPs will be type 7 due to inferior Si, they could easily be type 4 (inferior Se) due to being similar weakness. An ESTP could be type 3 (Fe), but also type 8 ESTPs arent that uncommon due to inferior Fi also being somewhat common for ESTPs... it also lets you see that some E types make no fucking sense. type 8 ENFP? so they are basically Ne-Te in everyday life? (i would venture that many type 8 ENFPs are actaully highly creative ENTJs...)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I found this the first time, but it was due to the wording and interpretations of questions. Do a variety of the and you will move toward a type. They are quite clear normally once you see yourself more and are honest with yourself on the test.

There is a chance you are just scattered, though I know it is common for first few times people take the tests.
    I am pretty self-aware, and have strongly identified with another archetypal system that has 7 types. It has rough parallels as follows:

1 - reformer/4 - individualist -- prophet
    2 - helper -- servant
    3 - achiever/8 - challenger -- ruler
    5 - investigator -- teacher
    6 - loyalist -- giver
    7 - enthusiast -- exhorter
    9 - peacemaker -- mercy

The most difficult type to identify in this system is the giver because they often look much like one of the others. A key motivation for this type is return on investment, independence, and providing for one's own security. When healthy, these types can be very magnanimous and a great benefactor to society.

Using this other breakdown as a comparison, and my own lack of identification with any one of the types, I tend to believe that enneagram has missed an archetype -- one that is often enough covered by the others that it is hardly missed.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    ype 8 ENFP? so they are basically Ne-Te in everyday life? (i would venture that many type 8 ENFPs are actaully highly creative ENTJs...)
    I'm a type 8 ENFP supposedly.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    E what they are coping for typical
    8 Inferior introverted feeling E(N/S)TJ
    2 Inferior introverted thinking E(N/S)FJ
    3 Inferior introverted intuition ES(T/F)P
    7 Inferior introverted sensing EN(T/F)P
    5 Inferior extraverted feeling I(N/S)TP
    9 Inferior extraverted thinking I(N/S)FP
    6 Inferior extraverted intuition IS(T/F)J
    4 Inferior extraverted sensing IN(T/F)J
    I can see how a lack of attention to Se could contribute to a strong identification with Enneagram 4, manifested in a nonstop search for identity with little focus on the qualities of the present. The others seem to make some sense, too.

There's more information on this concept here.. it's an interesting read.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I can see how a lack of attention to Se could contribute to a strong identification with Enneagram 4, manifested in a nonstop search for identity with little focus on the qualities of the present. The others seem to make some sense, too.

There's more information on this concept here.. it's an interesting read.
    i know there are a lot of ENTJs who say they are E 3... but honestly, having an E type to cope for the weakness of your AUXILLARY?! makes no sense to me... what does make sense to me is the fact that E 3 is the 'typical' ESTP, and a lot of ENTJs are confused for ESTP...

garbage

Yeah, there's no way that I'm ESTP.

Since ENTJs have a lot in common with ESTPs, it would make sense that there's some crossover between them when it comes to correlations with other models such as the Enneagram.

That table is just one way to explain how Enneagram types come about in individuals. A lack of Ni might not be the only cause for someone identifying with Enneagram 3. Enneagram also takes into account factors such as development during childhood, whereas MBTI takes one's base personality as a given effectively from birth.

It's true that that table makes sense and is an interesting read, but it doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions out there. It's more likely that exceptions exist than that the table's infallible.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    It certainly adds something that's missing from Socionics and MBTI. Frankly, it's best to just use all three systems and compile what's relevant to create a more whole picture.
    Basically my exact thoughts.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Yeah, there's no way that I'm ESTP.

Since ENTJs have a lot in common with ESTPs, it would make sense that there's some crossover between them when it comes to correlations with other models such as the Enneagram.

That table is just one way to explain how Enneagram types come about in individuals. A lack of Ni might not be the only cause for someone identifying with Enneagram 3. Enneagram also takes into account factors such as development during childhood, whereas MBTI takes one's base personality as a given effectively from birth.

It's true that that table makes sense and is an interesting read, but it doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions out there. It's more likely that exceptions exist than that the table's infallible.
    oh im fully aware that the table is not infallible and that there are exceptions. i dont think ESTPs have to be E3 and i dont think ENTJs have to be E8 either.

my only point is that some exceptions make more sense than others:
    ex: E7 for ENFP (inferior Si)...could pretty easily work as an E4 (inferior Se) because Se/Si = its a weakness to sense things as they actually are.

i think an E8 ESTP (tertiary Fe...could be kinda like having weak F...aka inferior Fi) makes more sense than an E3 ENTJ. These are just my musings however, and im fully aware that many actual ENTJs pick E3...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Enneagram is good used with MBTI, it really pinpoints how people are. I think I'm a bit of a freak, 8w9 INFP. You never hear of that one much do you?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP

idk...i took two tests and got two different things

Type 1: 5 /// Type 1: 2
    Type 2: -4 /// Type 2: 2
    Type 3: -2 /// Type 3: 6
    Type 4: 2 /// Type 4: 5
    Type 5: 6 /// Type 5: 5
    Type 6: -6 /// Type 6: 4
    Type 7: 3 /// Type 7: 4