• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Raising your Credit Score

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really a paradox as your credit score is basically your payment history used to forecast what type of a borrower/liability you will be to your potential lenders. So, if you have no payment history, it makes sense that you will not have a credit score, because they have no basis re: what type of a borrower you will be.
You can demonstrate a track record of payment without going into debt simply by paying bills, like rent and utilities. Failure to pay these on time will harm one's credit rating, but an impeccable payment record is not enough in many cases to qualify for credit (i.e. taking on a first debt).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You can demonstrate a track record of payment without going into debt simply by paying bills, like rent and utilities. Failure to pay these on time will harm one's credit rating, but an impeccable payment record is not enough in many cases to qualify for credit (i.e. taking on a first debt).

exactly, i had paid rent and had bills in my name in the past and i always paid those on time but i still had no credit score when i put electric in my name where i had to pay a huge a deposit