• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do high IQ xNTx individuals use a dominant mix of Ne Ni Te Ti in no specific order?

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The demand data is unfolding around us. Survive we must.

My point is intuitiveness is needed to handle abstract future oriented problems like say.. Storing the right amount of crops to survive through winter and making sure to be able to feed your workers adequately yet keeping in mind the goal of accumulation, not survival.

This is Si. It's not an intuitive function.

How much knowledge of typology do you possess?

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
How much knowledge of typology do you possess?

You missed the point.

Then questioned my knowledge of a theory that has been consistently proven to be unreliable.

Its obvious my account is 3 days old lol

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You missed the point.

Then questioned my knowledge of a theory that has been consistently proven to be unreliable.

I know the theory is unreliable. I just do this for fun, but even so, I take debates on this topic seriously.

The point I was trying to make is that future thinking is not a feature of intuition and that the functions don't work in vacuum.

As for the age of your account, that has little to do with how much you know. My account is a few months old, I think but I have been studying typology for a few years now. My intention was not to question your knowledge. I was trying to answer your thread title, but I first wanted to determine how much you knew already do I can tailor a response accordingly.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You missed the point.

More than I knew about functions when I joined, so don't feel bad.

Think of Ne as the function that, in your crop storage scenario, might lead someone to brainstorm potential new ways of storing the crops, or to make connections between seemingly unconnected ideas or events, so perhaps for example, the way the gunpowder is stored or loaded into muskets leads you to think of a new type of grain silo, or maybe you saw some woodland critters on the village outskirts and the way they collect nuts led you to think of a better system for preserving food. Often it might be an even less direct connection. Maybe the way a pile of tooth picks was arranged on the table made you think of a potential method for storage. Like in your art, for example, how I assume you saw the juxtaposition of seemingly random imagery as meaningful and connected, right? Your art seems like Ne visualized.

Where your Ti or Te would come in would be in actually thinking of the best and/or most logical ways to implement said systems, i.e. "does it work" and help you determine the proper steps or cogs and how they fit into the entire system, help you to notice when something in your overall system is incorrect or inaccurate.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
I know the theory is unreliable. I just do this for fun, but even so, I take debates on this topic seriously.

The point I was trying to make is that future thinking is not a feature of intuition and that the functions don't work in vacuum.

As for the age of your account, that has little to do with how much you know. My account is a few months old, I think but I have been studying typology for a few years now. My intention was not to question your knowledge. I was trying to answer your thread title, but I first wanted to determine how much you knew already do I can tailor a response accordingly.

I think the best explanation, given my understanding of the universe, would be that we use 2 function stacks totalling 8 functions.

For instance:

ENTJ (Te Ni Se Fi) INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe)

Thinking-Intuition-Sensing-Feeling

Just like one pole is slightly larger than the other, and the sun is to the moon, your entj stack would be to your intp stack.

Left right, black white.

Any thoughts?

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
More than I knew about functions when I joined, so don't feel bad.

Think of Ne as the function that, in your crop storage scenario, might lead someone to brainstorm potential new ways of storing the crops, or to make connections between seemingly unconnected ideas or events, so perhaps for example, the way the gunpowder is stored or loaded into muskets leads you to think of a new type of grain silo, or maybe you saw some woodland critters on the village outskirts and the way they collect nuts led you to think of a better system for preserving food. Often it might be an even less direct connection. Maybe the way a pile of tooth picks was arranged on the table made you think of a potential method for storage. Like in your art, for example, how I assume you saw the juxtaposition of seemingly random imagery as meaningful and connected, right? Your art seems like Ne visualized.

Where your Ti or Te would come in would be in actually thinking of the best and/or most logical ways to implement said systems, i.e. "does it work" and help you determine the proper steps or cogs and how they fit into the entire system, help you to notice when something in your overall system is incorrect or inaccurate.

Yes I understand what you mean and great explanation thanks.

With my art, which does appear quite Ne, the angles and positioning of many lines,objects, etc do appear random but are far from it. The joy is in meeting those able to decipher it.
Decided to do these pieces for the sole purpose of the connectedness of it all. I only create what is necessary instead of just always creating, like I imagine Ne dom.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the best explanation, given my understanding of the universe, would be that we use 2 function stacks totalling 8 functions.

For instance:

ENTJ (Te Ni Se Fi) INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe)

Thinking-Intuition-Sensing-Feeling

Just like one pole is slightly larger than the other, and the sun is to the moon, your entj stack would be to your intp stack.

Left right, black white.

Any thoughts?

You are right. Except in the Socionics model, the shadow side of ENTJ is the ENTP, as in, the ENTJ's strongest subconscious function would be Ne (demonstrative Ne) followed by Ti (ignoring Ti). But the general rule is that, NT types are strong in both the intuition and thinking functions.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
You are right. Except in the Socionics model, the shadow side of ENTJ is the ENTP, as in, the ENTJ's strongest subconscious function would be Ne (demonstrative Ne) followed by Ti (ignoring Ti). But the general rule is that, NT types are strong in both the intuition and thinking functions.

This is it! Ive checked it out and it explains me. Im just a little underdeveloped Fi.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is it! Ive checked it out and it explains me. Im just a little underdeveloped Fi.

Are you sure? Socionics INTj is INTP in MBTI. INTJ in Socionics would be INTp.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Are you sure? Socionics INTj is INTP in MBTI. INTJ in Socionics would be INTp.

No it is not.
It is either INTP or INTJ but doesnt correlate.
The xxxj just means that I am an ENTJ, because my aux and tert function are intuition and sensing, making me able to function as both an "intuitive" and "sensor".
xxxp = aux n tert = thinking/feeling or feeling/thinking
xxxj = aux n tert = intuition/sensing or sensing/intuition

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting thought, but I don't believe we know enough about the brain to truly understand intelligence at this point. I think it's possible for some people to be extremely balanced in their preferences though.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Interesting thought, but I don't believe we know enough about the brain to truly understand intelligence at this point. I think it's possible for some people to be extremely balanced in their preferences though.

If you take mbti as a solid theory, it's not hard to see how this is possible.
I attribute my learning of new languages, new cultures, playing instruments, and music production to this ability. Perhaps if I never did such things I would be much different.