• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Barack Obama an ENTJ?

ChrisC99

MBTI Type
ADHD
Hello there! I've seen the Prez typed across the board, which is understandable since many public figures espouse a different imagine depending on the situation as needed, with varying levels of success. On type I've at least never seen discussed for Obama though is ENTJ.

To me it seems like it would be a good fit - what do you all think? I've seen him typed as a feeler, but even though he speaks to emotion as a way to relate to the public in speeches I think by all evidence his own way of handling matters and making decisions is very detached, premeditated and calculating. He's even been accused of being cold and logical.

On the other hand, some people have suggested an 'outgoing introvert' because with his staff he is not always viewed as a warm 'people person' (compared with 'uncle Joe' Biden for example) - but when he was younger especially he did seem to be the type to go out, interact and show himself comfortably with crowds and new groups, in which he likes to assume the lead role. That seems more like extroverted thinking; willingness for detached interaction. As an idea-oriented person, his mindset definitely seems thoroughly intuitive.

Celebritytypes has him listed as an ENTP. But he seems more decisive and focused than scattered, flexible and all over the place, which is more suggestive of a judger than a perceiver. That brings me back to ENTJ.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts or amendments? :)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Politicans, like celebrities, can be very hide to type because they have a private face and a public face. To really get a handle on a politician's type, you'd have to take a look at their biography or study occasions where they act more "off the record," Then, you'd have to draw a conclusion from that data.

[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], would a better place to ask this question be in the Celebrity Types subforum? If you think that would be better for the forum, I can create a poll in that section.

ChrisC99

MBTI Type
ADHD
Politicans, like celebrities, can be very hide to type because they have a private face and a public face. To really get a handle on a politician's type, you'd have to take a look at their biography or study occasions where they act more "off the record," Then, you'd have to draw a conclusion from that data.

[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]. would a better place to ask this question be in the Celebrity Types subforum?

It is a lot like typing actors in that sense; their public persona doesn't always accurately reflect their actual personality. The tradeoff is that they're given such public attention and scrutiny, that clues to their private or actual personalities often still show up in abundance too.

I don't think I can post to the CelebrityTypes forum without a paid account over there, right? If someone else has one, I'd love to see what they'd have to say.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is a lot like typing actors in that sense; their public persona doesn't always accurately reflect their actual personality. The tradeoff is that they're given such public attention and scrutiny, that clues to their private or actual personalities often still show up in abundance too.

I don't think I can post to the CelebrityTypes forum without a paid account over there, right? If someone else has one, I'd love to see what they'd have to say.

I'm referring to the one on this forum.. there's a particular subsection. I don't know if the administration prefers this kind of topic in that subforum or not.

Anyway, I disagree with typing they gave for Jack White on that website.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], would a better place to ask this question be in the Celebrity Types subforum? If you think that would be better for the forum, I can create a poll in that section.

I just moved the thread.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ah, I don't think he's an ENTJ. I can do a rundown.
E: okay, this seems so.
N: definitely!
T: yes.
J: probably.
So, I would agree on ENTJ by per-letter-analysis.
Then there's functional analysis.
Te: subtly expressed
Ni: strongly expressed
Se: somewhat expressed
Fi: somewhat expressed
Ok, ENTJ still holds.

Ok. He's an ENTJ. Or not? I don't know. I think my understanding of functions and types fails at particularly well-developed persons, so I can not tell.

If I had to suggest one letter away from ENTJ, I'd say I. As in Introvert.
If I were to suggest other primary function as Te, I'd say Ni.

Myshkin14

MBTI Type
INFJ
ENTP. Celebrity Types makes a great case for ENTP that convinced me in light of an ENTP I know. At the very least, he is not an ENFJ like everyone thought in 2008 and afterward.

Revolver Ocelot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Obama is difficult to type. High level politicians mold their personality to fit their agenda. I think the most you can say is he is an intuitive.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Public personas vs. individual type is hard to distinguish. Remember , Obama's public appearance is a carefully crafted act created by dozens of his PR people. His comments are carefully rehearsed. A better indicator is how Obama is in his personal life away from the cameras and his 'job' to be presidential. In this light he seems to be an ENTP.

rmrf

While I'm sure Barry O's private personality is quite different to the public face of Barack Obama, I'm fairly certain both are ENTP. I don't think his type is ambigious at all, he's the spitting image of the ENTP 'lawyer' type.