• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Side business advice?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who responds. I am in need of money and I have been considering for a while starting a small side business to create an additional stream of income. I would like something of course part time, I have no desire to grow it into something large, really I just want to keep this a one person act. Any SJs out there who have started their own side businesses and have any advice on getting started and running one that they would like to share? Once again thanks to anyone who responds.
:happy2:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I've had a side business for 2 and a bit years now and it's been amazing but don't think it's ever just a part-time thing because if you want it to grow it won't be - it takes time and commitment and you gotta be willing to do a lot of work to get it off the ground.
A big part of the reason it works for me is because I work shift work and I have a business partner who's the opposite of me (he's organized and well planned out, while I'm impulsive and decisive).
However if you have an idea or are interested, go for it. There's nothing more rewarding than having your own baby to grow.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am interested, but I have no ideas. For now I'm content with reading books by people that have successfully done it and hope for one day that I (or someone else) will have an idea, and that I have enough knowledge by then to implement it.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thanks, but right now I wouldn't want anything too big, I may not even do it for a while, just an option I suppose I am keeping in my back pocket. I have a lot on my plate now. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Nicky Castle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5/6
Hello there.

I ran a paintball field during the weekends (although my ESTP husband did all of the fun stuff like play, and establish the ground rules to the players verbally), this satisfied my organization and military attraction completely. (Although I would probably be stoned for comparing paintball to the military... but you get my relation right?) I loved creating missions for the players to do and kept record of all their games, created a system and database so that they too can be kept up to date with their rewards points etc... that was until the government decided that the trees on my property were illegal and needed to be chopped off...

Then I used my ability to put my mind to anything and learned to crochet... I make baby stuff and sell them in hampers... It is time consuming but also a great way to process information if you are in a good space in your head.

Your key is organization... plan and come to an idea of what you are best capable of doing... ie. if you are good at using your hands, you could make pallet furniture, or crochet/sew. If you are good with following instructions, which I am pretty sure all SJ's are, then you will do good to cook for a group of people where you could plate dinners and deliver it to them. You could plan a whole menu a month in advance, and due to our amazing ability to work with numbers, do the necessary calculations to see what needs to be purchased, what it cost you to make, and add your profits for time and energy. We have a natural talent at cooking I am sure of it.

I also find baking cookies is great therapy, and often bake for my son to hand out for boy scouts... you could sell cookies to those around you...

These ideas are all small scale. You could go and talk to people who run paintball fields about working a mission base for them, it wouldn't require you to be at the field... the rest you could all do in the comfort of your own home.