• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] ESTJ and ESTP

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
What are the relations between ESTJ and ESTP types? What do types dislike in each other? Do ESTJ feel like ESTP just doesn't get them? Does ESTP understand Te at all from ESTJ?

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the only ESTJ I know had strong feelings for an ESTP I know very well but it was one sided, and now the ESTJ can't stand the ESTP. I know the ESTJ (female) was drawn to the boldness, humor, and strong convictions of the male ESTP but was also highly frustrated by his lack of planning ahead and what she saw as being insensitive (he seriously wounded her pride, you don't do that to ESTJ) as for the ESTP, I haven't asked him but I'll go on an Ne power trip :) I suspect he was put off by her controlling attitude and overly open sharing of private details. I suspect this would come up in lots of ESTJ/P situations. They both enjoy talking things out logically and pronouncing judgments but ESTJs can see the ESTPs as hopelessly disorganized and somewhat deceptive (because they're more selective with what they share) and ESTPs can see ESTJ as domineering and way too free with themselves. They can be mature and get along but in general probably not a good combo. Also both can be VERY opinionated which can cause conflict

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really enjoy fighting with my ESTJ friend. She knows how to push my buttons, and although many people probably don't like this, I find it refreshing and fun. She gets anxious if she is roped into something she isn't comfortable with, but I just have to learn to respect that before trying to make plans to quickly with her.