• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How to approach an INFJ?

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
This was originally going to be a how to find, approach and date an INFJ. I'm now sure I've found one that I'm really interested in and I think she is also. I mean I read people and if I'm wrong I might as well jump off a bridge. The combination of her being an INFJ, me liking her and her liking me back has a probability of approximately 98%.

Like really awesome connection. I've never met someone who just sees straight to my soul like that. Yes, soul. Its like she read me like an open book and she doesn't even know me. And I'm a really hard to read ENXP, or so I think. She said I have this great aura. She always wanted to be near me and talk straight to me in a group setting. So very attentive I want to burst. Always those eyes looking at me when I see her. The beauty of it is that some might feel intimidated or at unease but I love it. Its also like she is a textbook INFJ, plus open minded. I don't have time to go into details about that but the thing is I really want to bond with this girl. So bad. Its making my head feel weird and its hard to concentrate on school.

How do I go about this? Only option of contacting her initially is by facebook. We're at the same uni but there are no options confronting her there alone. I want to tell her how I think about this (the connection, seeing my soul, wanting to spend time with her) but I don't want to ruin it by splurting out all my feels etc. at the get go. I also don't want to rush it, but passionate as I am, I don't know how not to. I tend to tell my feels straight up. I need guidelines for this, if there are any.

What do, INFJs? Please halp. :D

EDIT: Oh I just forgot. Could I or should I tell her that I've been thinking about her like 24/7 and am hoping it would help to see her?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just ask her, "Wanna chill this Saturday?"
It ain't that deep, fam.

Also, don't tell her that you think of her 24/7. Change it to, "I think of you often, the things we talk about. I just click so easily with you."

Last edited:

furgey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Cautiously. Disguise yourself as a kitten/puppy...or hell bring a kitten or puppy to your first date. Make her think, ask deeper questions then you would normally do (in the right setting of course). Be aware of her. Remember something she talked about and ask for more depth. Humor the shit out of her. Most importantly BE REAL. She'll know if you're faking it to make it. She will be watching how you treat others, how comfortable you make her feel, and if you can relax and be yourself.

furgey

MBTI Type
INFJ
AND DO NOT CHECK YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU ARE IN YOUR CAR ON YOUR WAY HOME! for the love of god...even though I do not believe in god...but you get my point...just don't..

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess this doesn't apply to ones with male bodies. :sad:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just kidding, I will tell you the secrets of talking to a male INFJ. First you need to do a mating dance. Like you need to show your assets. Good clothes. Look at the target. Smile to show you're friendly.
Second, observe the environment is the INFJ busy? Probably not good to disturb.
Third, if only mildly busy or not just at all. Flaunt your pheromones by lifting the arms and waft them out. *note if you do it for too long it will be terrible*
Fourth, wait.
Fifth: when target is saturated, approach with a greeting
Sixth: smile but only periodically. Talk. Summon up the cooties.
Seventh: touch touch touch touch touch
Eighth: package is secure. Prepare for extraction
Ninth: place package in your car
Tenth: package is yours unravel him and enjoy at base or lair.
Eleven: flaunt you know you have an infj on typology central

Please do not try this at home.

furgey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Just kidding, I will tell you the secrets of talking to a male INFJ. First you need to do a mating dance. Like you need to show your assets. Good clothes. Look at the target. Smile to show you're friendly.
Second, observe the environment is the INFJ busy? Probably not good to disturb.
Third, if only mildly busy or not just at all. Flaunt your pheromones by lifting the arms and waft them out. *note if you do it for too long it will be terrible*
Fourth, wait.
Fifth: when target is saturated, approach with a greeting
Sixth: smile but only periodically. Talk. Summon up the cooties.
Seventh: touch touch touch touch touch
Eighth: package is secure. Prepare for extraction
Ninth: place package in your car
Tenth: package is yours unravel him and enjoy at base or lair.
Eleven: flaunt you know you have an infj on typology central

Please do not try this at home.
Loved this!!LMFAO

furgey

MBTI Type
INFJ
The best part would seeing this person actually carrying out these suggestions! That would be hilarious!!

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
Thank you all for suggestions :D

Theforsaken: Subtle and chill. Got it.

To Furgey: Is it only puppies or will adult geese do? I've plenty at the ocean I'm taking her. My questions are already off the charts deep. Any deeper and we would never find the way out. Check. I already have many things I want to know more deep about her. I'm a sponge for information. Check. I can't fake it, I don't have that built in me. Check. I think she will actually humor the shit out of me, hopefully likewise. A cautious check. Phone on mute, won't touch it. Check.

Forever: If I try this at a public place instead of the safety of my home am I guaranteed to succeed? Maybe first try to blend in with the geese and work my way from there.

mystik_INFJ

Permabanned
I think you should approach the same way you should with all people. With plain honesty. If it works out or not it's down to connection. It would be tiring to only play the cards in the game that you constantly need to pull from under your sleeve just to stay in the game. That would mean that you're either a poor player or that it's not the right game for you.

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
I went ahead with my cards in the open, only asked if she wanted to meet me, and she said yes! :)

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I went ahead with my cards in the open, only asked if she wanted to meet me, and she said yes! :)

Just treat everyone like a human and try to be authentic as possible..... and don't confess undying love until at least the third date....

Love and connection is best when it develops naturally, without a lot of words....

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
Just treat everyone like a human and try to be authentic as possible..... and don't confess undying love until at least the third date....

Love and connection is best when it develops naturally, without a lot of words....

Undying love at the third date!? If it escalates that quickly I think she might be a keeper. I strive to be myself at all times. Anything else would be a lie and that doesn't suit me at all.

About love and connection, I agree.

I think there is some early awkwardness there but I won't let it bother me. Might be because I'm a bit nervous because I like her and don't know for sure what she thinks, because she can't fully loosen up with me or doesn't seem as excited. We also have a bit of an age difference and she seems inexperienced. Actually this is bothering me a bit... Or I'm just over-analyzing

Thank you all for the support!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Should be renamed to "How to approach a person?"

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Undying love at the third date!? If it escalates that quickly I think she might be a keeper. I strive to be myself at all times. Anything else would be a lie and that doesn't suit me at all.

About love and connection, I agree.

I think there is some early awkwardness there but I won't let it bother me. Might be because I'm a bit nervous because I like her and don't know for sure what she thinks, because she can't fully loosen up with me or doesn't seem as excited. We also have a bit of an age difference and she seems inexperienced. Actually this is bothering me a bit... Or I'm just over-analyzing

Thank you all for the support!

Sorry about the joke. Just relax and let things develop organically, lol..... don't overburden the other person. I had a number of girls pull that on me and I dumped them quickly. Sometimes it is better to just let things go unsaid for me a bit.....