• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What Does My Ex Want?

CandyCane11

My INFJ ex-boyfriend has been in more contact with me recently and asking to hang out (which we rarely do). He is seeing someone, but he insists to me that it is a casual relationship. He has occasionally told me somewhat negative things about her. He also seems to be bragging a bit more to me about his accomplishments, etc.

He also has been very nosey about my last relationship....asking really detailed and personal questions. He has made fun of every guy I dated since him in some fashion. He made a really awkward comment on social media of mine that I should marry a guy when this guy and I were just making friendly conversation back and forth. Needless to say, it ended the conversation.

These may not be enough details to evaluate, but any thoughts on what he wants? He is very indirect, especially with emotions (i.e. he plays things safe), so I don't think I'd believe anything he told me, if I directly asked him.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sounds like he wants to screw you life up or at least your romantic relationships up. Maybe you moving on bothers him.

CandyCane11

Sounds like he wants to screw you life up or at least your romantic relationships up. Maybe you moving on bothers him.

To be fair, he told me after the last relationship that I was being too picky and that he didn't support the breakup. But this was after the fact, and then he made fun of the guy (on more than one occasion). So, I'm not sure how to reconcile those two.

W

WhoCares

He wants to move on but doesn't realise it yet. Passive aggressive attempts to push your buttons. :dry:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
To be fair, he told me after the last relationship that I was being too picky and that he didn't support the breakup. But this was after the fact, and then he made fun of the guy (on more than one occasion). So, I'm not sure how to reconcile those two.
It is none of his business. None. It doesn't matter what he thinks and unless he is running his dates by you for approval, he shouldn't think he has any right to voice an unsolicited opinion.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20317]CandyCane11[/MENTION] I agree with [MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] here, and would strongly suggest you avoid your ex AT ALL COSTS.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Regardless of his type, he seems rather immature and spiteful with his comments. Are you sure you want to reconnect with him?

More importantly, what do you want?

And I think Rasofy (above) may be onto something, lol.