User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

I think what we need to do is, as Hawkins once observed, is to merge with technology so there's a decreased chance of AI revolution against organic matter (us)

Quote Originally Posted by cacaia View Post
    I think what we need to do is, as Hawkins once observed, is to merge with technology so there's a decreased chance of AI revolution against organic matter (us)

Questionable, humans are more similar to humans than to machines but they still fight all the time. Just if something is alike that doesn't guarantee peace at all. Not to mention that cyborg vs. AI can still be a fight and quite destructive one, since both sides have "durability".

Quote Originally Posted by cacaia View Post
    Even if AIs don’t conquer us, I believe it’s inevitable that we will slowly transform into cyborgs. Eventually, the merging of the technological and the biological will yield mostly mechanical humans with biological brains. If we can master genetic engineering, nanotechnology, and cellular regeneration, we may even be able to live indefinitely. What we’d be classified as at that point would be up for debate.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker
    Likes cacaia liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Even if AIs don’t conquer us, I believe it’s inevitable that we will slowly transform into cyborgs. Eventually, the merging of the technological and the biological will yield mostly mechanical humans with biological brains. If we can master genetic engineering, nanotechnology, and cellular regeneration, we may even be able to live indefinitely. What we’d be classified as at that point would be up for debate.
    Inevitable ? Grandma with a pacemaker is technically a cyborg.
    Likes Population: 1, cacaia liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post

Classification is easy.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Inevitable ? Grandma with a pacemaker is technically a cyborg.
    Insulin pumps or Insulin/Blood Sugar/Glucose scan points are all examples of the same too, for a long, long time none of that was necessary and I think they are all good examples of avoidable suffering which arose from market driven food production, including the mono-culture sugar cane cropping, and then the exploitation of the problem by pharma-corporations.

I wasn’t including Graminator and her miracle ear. I’m talking sophisticated Cyberpunk level hardware and beyond. @Lexicon gets an A for using a proper example (and a Tennant era Dr. Who reference) and also for not being a smart ass.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Press F for modeling careers
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

thanks to flickr and nvidia now you can be an artist too

~ Elbert Hubbard