• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Flash of light when conception occurs

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

Human life begins in bright flash of light as a sperm meets an egg, scientists have shown for the first time, after capturing the astonishing ‘fireworks’ on film.

An explosion of tiny sparks erupts from the egg at the exact moment of conception.

Scientists had seen the phenomenon occur in other animals but it is the first time is has been also shown to happen in humans.

Not only is it an incredible spectacle, highlighting the very moment that a new life begins, the size of the flash can be used to determine the quality of the fertilised egg.

Researchers from Northwestern University, in Chicago, noticed that some of the eggs burn brighter than others, showing that they are more likely to produce a healthy baby.

fmPofWx.jpg

oPessl9.jpg

Fascinating....

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ohhh the debates this thread can spur on. But you're right. Fascinating!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wonder if its the soul entering yes i do believe the soul is recycled and we remember everything from a past life until about the age of 2-5 or when we start getting memories. but this might be a whole other thread.

á´…eparted

passages
This is interesting, but it isn't terribly unsurprising that it's occuring. What is surprising is the fact that it was captured visually, and the fact that it chemically happens as it does; a zinc-organic reaction.

Pretty much any chemical change releases photons of some kind, and a number emit visible light when a chemical change occurs- glowsticks are a good example of this. Most reactions emit lower frequency photons such as infrared. The surface of cells contain a great number of molecules and molecular moieties that are capable of emitting visible light with the correct energy input or chemical change. It turns out that the biochemical events that happen upon fertilization are able to cause photon emission. The article doesn't specify what frequency of light is emitted. It's likely visible or near infrared, but I'd have to look at the original paper which I don't have time for at the moment.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wonder if its the soul entering yes i do believe the soul is recycled and we remember everything from a past life until about the age of 2-5 or when we start getting memories. but this might be a whole other thread.

How mystical.

Btw, I love that one bugs/daffy cartoon on your avatar.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bet I was not flashing, I sure was not a healthy baby at all :cry:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] Thanks for your scientific perspective but I'm pretty sure my "flash" was just paparazzi.

My debut was highly anticipated.