• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Joker (the Dark Knight)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Joker is an ENTP or an ENFP. In a way the way he was played reminded me of Robert Downey Jr. He often is confused as one or the other. The bouyant personality, the incredible adaptibility, maintaining quality throughout wide variety of subjects, and all very charismatic while doing it. To me, Joker was the most appealing character out of all on the screen. Everything he said made some sense to me, and I remember watching that with a girl, meaning I wasn't even paying all my mind on the screen the whole time, and yet and still I felt his presence. He just carries himself like an E. There is no doubt in my bone that a only a man with EN, even when crazy, goes through a scene like bazooking, leaning head out car, laughing at a henchmen being shocked, and continuing on without a flinch.

I mean, honestly, the guy is an ENxP without a doubt.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Joker is ENTP in most of his depictions. The Joker in the Dark Knight however, is far too deliberate. He's an ENTJ, and spends half the movie playing Xanatos speed chess across Gotham with the INTJ Batman.

Qre:us

Something I posted in another thread:

I still think there's a strong argument to be made that Joker's a feeler, not a thinker. He's manipulative, so emotionally manipulative he can even drive people mad with ease and sometimes still be totally charming to them (he can appear completely empathetic if he needs to). He takes a lot more pleasure in enjoying people's pain and tribulations than necessarily searching for a clear goal or. Between the "some men aren't looking for anything logical" (Joker's ten times more passionate than rational) speech and the "I use a knife because I savor all the little emotions . . . I knew your friends better than you did" bit, he always strikes me as having more fun playing in the realm of people's reactions and feelings and than he does with concrete and logical ideas and motives.

In fact, he doesn't care at all about money or power. He wants social change. He wants to make other people understand they are living in what he considers a lie. Watch the end of the Dark Knight, when he seems genuinely saddened the two boats didn't blow each other up, basically rejecting or criticizing him and all he stands for. He seems to take it sort of hard. And his relationship with Batman is, to him, very, very real. "You complete me" seems heartfelt. He seems upset in a similar way in "The Killing Joke" when asking Batman why he doesn't understand why it's funny, why he isn't laughing. On top of that, when Batman's off the scene, Joker takes it so hard he just stops being the Joker. See The Dark Knight Returns, when he loses his smile and goes next to comatose because Batman isn't out there to be his equal. Considering what others think and feel is extremely important to how Joker makes decisions.

Imagine NeFe gone brutal, and, its need to satiate its own curiosity manifested through calculating Ti precision of plan.

Humans become social experiments :happy0065:

Set up situations, watch how they act. :popc1:

As for ENFP vs ENTP, I would lean more towards the latter, because he doesn't seem to have any access to his personal compass, of what he really wants, himself - except for thrills rising out of external chaos.

The Joker is ENTP in most of his depictions. The Joker in the Dark Knight however, is far too deliberate.

I don't think you know how deliberate and calculating an ENTP could be in the throes of satiating a grand curiosity of theirs. It's the drive to "master", to become the puppet-master. To conquer it to that level, where it goes from a complex puzzle, to a mere chew toy.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Thats why there is no question to me he is either ENFP or ENTP. I'm leaning to the latter too, just because its the Joker and him being an eNFP would make us too cool. But I degress, the point is that the guy socially experiments, and is so charming about it. He's not just my favorite villian, he is one of my favorite characters ever created.

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Batman is INFJ. He is way idealistic, and quite vigilante. Doesn't care about the cops' rules, he goes by his own intense feelings. Batman's type isn't even a discussion..

I'd say Joker is ENTP too.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Batman is INFJ. He is way idealistic, and quite vigilante. Doesn't care about the cops' rules, he goes by his own intense feelings.
Correct -- he goes by his own intense feelings, which is something that Fi types (xxFP and xxTJ) do -- not Fe types (xxTP and xxFJ). Batman is INTJ in the Dark Knight series.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Would that be the same for typing for Bruce Wayne too?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bruce Wayne acts like an ESFP, but Bruce Wayne is the mask -- inside his head, Bruce is Batman.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
...Like the Kill Bill Superman speech.

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Correct -- he goes by his own intense feelings, which is something that Fi types (xxFP and xxTJ) do -- not Fe types (xxTP and xxFJ). Batman is INTJ in the Dark Knight series.

INFJ, INTJ, whatever.. basically he's very INxJ-like. I hear in some other depictions he's INFJ, others INTJ.
Someone on here thought him as ISTP, and I needed to correct them; he's NJ!

themarlins

The Joker character is obviously ENTP.

But I believe the actor playing him in Dark Knight was ENFP (Heath Ledger)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not sure of his MBTI, but the dude is a seriously fucked up 7w8

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not sure of his MBTI, but the dude is a seriously fucked up 7w8

Yeah, the joker is always 7w8 So/Sx. Also, Batman: 8w7 Sp/Sx (note that they are simetrically opposed on the 7w8/8w7 axis)

Harvey Dent is a fucked up 3, like Poison Ivy.

Alfred is 1w9 Sp/So and Jim Gordon is 9w1 Sp/So, I think. Batgirl is 7w6 Sx/So, I think, and Catwoman 6w7 Sx/So. Harley Quinn 6w7 So/Sx and Robin (Dick Grayson/Nightwing) is 6w7 Sp/Sx.

The penguin is 1w2 So/Sp, Mr Freeze a 1w9 Sp/Sx. Riddler is 5w6 So/Sx, Scarecrow is 5w6 Sp/Sx. Ra's Al Ghul is 8w7 So/Sx and Bane is 8w9 Sx/So. Also, I think inspector Bullock is 8w7 Sp/So.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, the joker is always 7w8 So/Sx. Also, Batman: 8w7 Sp/Sx (note that they are simetrically opposed on the 7w8/8w7 axis)
Alfred is 1w9 Sp/So and Jim Gordon is 9w1 Sp/So, I think. Batgirl is 7w6 Sx/So, I think, and Catwoman 6w7 Sx/So. Harley Quinn 6w7 So/Sx and Robin (Dick Grayson/Nightwing) is 6w7 Sp/Sx.The penguin is 1w2 So/Sp, Mr Freeze a 1w9 Sp/Sx. Riddler is 5w6 So/Sx, Scarecrow is 5w6 Sp/Sx. Ra's Al Ghul is 8w7 So/Sx and Bane is 8w9 Sx/So. Also, I think inspector Bullock is 8w7 Sp/So.

- I always pictured Nightwing as ?S?P 7w8 Sx/Sp (different series maybe)
- how is the Penguin a 1? he seems like a deranged 4 to me (except for when he's played by Danny Devito, then he turns 8w7 LOL)
- I'm still convinced Harvey Dent is a fucked up 1

PS: Batman Beyond is ISFP 7w8 Sx/Sp I think

R

Riva

Something I posted in another thread:
I still think there's a strong argument to be made that Joker's a feeler, not a thinker.

He's manipulative, so emotionally manipulative he can even drive people mad with ease and sometimes still be totally charming to them (he can appear completely empathetic if he needs to). He takes a lot more pleasure in enjoying people's pain and tribulations than necessarily searching for a clear goal or. Between the "some men aren't looking for anything logical" (Joker's ten times more passionate than rational) speech and the "I use a knife because I savor all the little emotions . . . I knew your friends better than you did" bit, he always strikes me as having more fun playing in the realm of people's reactions and feelings and than he does with concrete and logical ideas and motives.

You haven't met any ENTPs IRL have you?

Because every thing I highlighted an ENTP would gladly do with their eyes closed, hands tied behind their back, locked up in a cage, while Rome is burning!

In your defense -

Him going to the realm on emotions on the knife scenes does sound like an feeler thing to be naturally inclined to do.

But -

He was being fake! He was making things up just for shits and giggles. Also ENTP (atleast I do) enjoy dwelling in to emotions from time to time just so that I could have a good discussion or entertain.

In fact, he doesn't care at all about money or power. He wants social change. He wants to make other people understand they are living in what he considers a lie. Watch the end of the Dark Knight, when he seems genuinely saddened the two boats didn't blow each other up, basically rejecting or criticizing him and all he stands for. He seems to take it sort of hard. And his relationship with Batman is, to him, very, very real. "You complete me" seems heartfelt. He seems upset in a similar way in "The Killing Joke" when asking Batman why he doesn't understand why it's funny, why he isn't laughing. On top of that, when Batman's off the scene, Joker takes it so hard he just stops being the Joker. See The Dark Knight Returns, when he loses his smile and goes next to comatose because Batman isn't out there to be his equal. Considering what others think and feel is extremely important to how Joker makes decisions.

Though not concerned about money, he does seem to care about power (could be argued though).
Social change is not always limited to feelers and every human has a desire to change the world - I know I think about this atleast once a week.
Anyone would feel worried if their plans didn't realize.
He is a psychopath who doesn't have empathy - his being seen as heartfelt sad is probably due to not-getting the reaction he wanted - which is ego.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP 7w8

The Joker was definately a rebel with no sense of rules or order and a true agent of chaos who was rather inventive in his machinations as well as manipulative.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that typing the Joker may be somewhat difficult considering we are never given a clear idea of his state of mind; he's a pathological liar, so when he says things like 'I'm a dog chasing cars', or 'I'm not a freak, I'm just ahead of the curb', I have to wonder how much truth there is to that. We know that his whole 'you know how I got these scars?' speech is a lie given that he gives contradictory stories to different characters, but I have to wonder if even his more authentic actions aren't in of themselves a facade.

Either way, I do think that ENTP or ENTJ could work for him, but at this point I'm still not entirely sure.

Alfred is 1w9 Sp/So and Jim Gordon is 9w1 Sp/So, I think. Batgirl is 7w6 Sx/So, I think, and Catwoman 6w7 Sx/So. Harley Quinn 6w7 So/Sx and Robin (Dick Grayson/Nightwing) is 6w7 Sp/Sx.

The penguin is 1w2 So/Sp, Mr Freeze a 1w9 Sp/Sx. Riddler is 5w6 So/Sx, Scarecrow is 5w6 Sp/Sx. Ra's Al Ghul is 8w7 So/Sx and Bane is 8w9 Sx/So. Also, I think inspector Bullock is 8w7 Sp/So.

:fpalm:

Okay, maybe you're typing them based off the animated series, of which I'll give you the temporary benefit of doubt since I barely remember Batman TAS or the characters in it.

Movie wise (I mean Christopher Nolan's films) on the other hand:

Batman: ISTP cp6w5 so/sx
Harvey Dent: ENFJ 1w2 so/sx
Ra's Al Ghul: INTJ 1w9 so/sx

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Bruce Wayne is an idealist. He has values and rules he wouldn't break for nobody and nothing. He is certainly an introvert and likes it to be prepared. INFJ for him.
Bane: ISTx, he is not the guy with the plan, he is the executor. He's also a loyal friend.
Joker: Psychopathic ENxP, completely crazy and chaotic, must be it.

Dent: ENFJ

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
After analyzing joker
Joker from 60s lice show esfj
Joker from batman movie estj
Joker from 90s animated series entj
Joker from dark night franchise enfp
Batman animated series entj
Alfred isfj
Harvey enfp enneagram two
Robin isfp

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
My two cents. This is based as much on the comics as on the Nolan movies.

Batman- ISTJ
Joker-ENFP
Harvey Dent- ENFJ
Two-Face- ISTP
Scarecrow- INTP
Ra's Ahl Ghul- INTJ
Gordon- INFJ (?)

Batman ISTJ? LMAO that has to be the funniest post I've ever read.

Batman is an INFJ, Could be an ENFP, INFP, ENFJ. Their is no way in hell he is an ISTJ. Joker is probably closer to an ENTP although ENFP is also possible. Joker is also possibly an INTP.

Last edited: