• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crash Bandicoot

CDH15

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have been thinking about the MBTI types of characters from my favorite video game series: Crash Bandicoot. Input is welcome.

Crash Bandicoot ISTP
Coco Bandicoot INTP
Aku Aku INFJ
Neo Cortex ENTJ
N. Gin ISTJ
Nefarious Tropy INTJ
Nitros Brio ENTP
Tiny Tiger ES_P
Ripper Roo ENFP
Nina Cortex INFP
Polar ISFP
Crunch Bandicoot ?
Dingodile ?
Uka Uka ?

pizzathegreat

MBTI Type
BORK
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm basing this off the first 3 games. I played up to Crash Tag Team Racing, but everything after that was absolutely terrible.

Uka Uka - ENTJ
N. Cortex - INTJ
N. Gin - INTP (Assuming he's essentially the evil version of Coco)
N. Brio - ENTP
Tiny Tiger - ESTP
Dingodile - ESTJ
Ripper Roo - ESFP
Pinstripe - ESTP
N. Tropy - ENTP

Aku Aku - INFJ
Crash Bandicoot - ISTP
Coco Bandicoot - INTP

CDH15

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm basing this off the first 3 games. I played up to Crash Tag Team Racing, but everything after that was absolutely terrible.

Uka Uka - ENTJ
N. Cortex - INTJ
N. Gin - INTP (Assuming he's essentially the evil version of Coco)
N. Brio - ENTP
Tiny Tiger - ESTP
Dingodile - ESTJ
Ripper Roo - ESFP
Pinstripe - ESTP
N. Tropy - ENTP

Aku Aku - INFJ
Crash Bandicoot - ISTP
Coco Bandicoot - INTP

I agree that the last couple of games were bad. The Naughty Dog era was easily the best Crash era. The Vivendi/Traveller's Tales was OK to good(depending on the game).
My thoughts on your typings vs. my typings:
Uka Uka/N. Cortex: I could see why you put Uka Uka as ENTJ and Cortex as an INTJ. Uka Uka's evil was more fiery and forceful than Cortex's was.
N. Gin: I initially thought ISTJ because of his loyalty to Cortex, but once I thought about it, INTP makes more sense because N. Gin is an inventor/mad scientist more than just a henchman.
Dingodile: I couldn't really tell what Dingodile's type was besides an Extrovert. He's too rough to be an E_FJ, so therefore, ESTJ seems fitting for him.
N. Tropy: I initially thought he was a typical INTJ narcissist. Really, any NT can be a high-key narcissist.

I searched for a Crash Bandicoot MBTI thread before creating this thread, but all I found was one post about Crash Bandicoot in a general video game character thread (on this site, nothing on PerC). It was about time TC got a Crash Bandicoot thread.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Crash Bandicoot is so ESTP! Where's the I coming from?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Inability to speak.

Right. But the Se/ Pe dominance is apparent. What other types could eat 50 peaches in a row and still have the vigor to spin around like kindergartners on adderall?

Fryeguy08

MBTI Type
INFJ
Crash - ISTP
Cortex - INTJ
Brio - INTP
Tawna - ESFP
Aku - INFJ
Papu - ISTJ
Roo - ENFP
Kong - ISTP
Pinstripe - ESTJ
N. Gin - INTP
Coco - INTP
Polar - ISFP
Joe - ISTJ
Moe - ESTP
Tiny - ESTP
Uka - ENTJ
Tropy - INTP
Pura - ESFP
Dingodile - ISTP
Penta - ISFP
Rex - ISFJ
Oxide - ENTJ
Cheerleaders - ESFP

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll make this the Official Naughty Dog typology thread!

Jak - ISTP (same as Crash)
Daxter - ESTP
Keira - ISFP
Samos the Sage - INTJ
Gol Acheron - ENFJ
Maia Acheron - ENFJ
Kor - ENTJ
Baron Praxis - ENTJ
Krew - ESTJ
Count Vulgar ("It's Veger!") - INTJ

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why not INFJ?

Okay I rewatched a few scenes from the games consisting of Samos the Sage- and all of his beauty- since all of these typings are based off past experience and you considered an alternative for him. He does seem to quite emotionally volatile and doesn't suppress his own thoughts of others at all. His voice definitely has more character and variation in tone than maybe a Te user would have. :alttongue: His quickness to voicing criticism does make me wonder if he's actually more of an ENxJ... anyways, when he does reveal his own, not so nice, sentiments for Jak & Daxter... well I'll just give a random example quote:

"Every bone in my body tells me that the answers rest on the shoulders... of a young boy... oblivious to his destiny, uninterested in the search for truth, and rejecting of my guidance! And why would he want to listen to old Samos the sage, anyway? I'm only the master of Green Eco, one of the wisest men on the planet! So it seems the answers begin not with careful research or sensible thinking. Nay! As with many of fate's mysteries, it begins with but a small act... of disobedience."
- Professor of the Green stuff

So here he criticizes Jak's character for possessing the "wrong values" (which tells me INTJ because of hidden agenda Fi being so stubborn and unwilling to accept that others have different motivations), and then ends by guilt tripping him for not appreciating his own help... which makes me even more conflicted since that generally that's a trait of Fe users... I'm sorry I couldn't have been more helpful with bringing up reasons for why Samos is INTJ, and that trying to only made me more confused about his type. Fuck it, he's ESFP now.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
I havent seen more of the new characters. Nina Cortex? Dr Cortex has a relative?! I'm missing out alot.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Naughty Dog has a thing for ISTPs. I believe Crash, Jak, Nathan Drake, and Joel are all ISTPs.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Crash bandicoot real xstp

Fryeguy08

MBTI Type
INFJ
Younger Samos - ENFP, Older Samos - ISTJ - talk about a change! But no, he's difficult to peg, but INTJ seems appropriate.

Jak (I) - ISFP
Jak (II & III) - ISTP
Daxter - ESTP
Samos - INTJ
Keira - INTP
Praxis - ISTJ
Erol - ESTJ
Kor - INTJ
Torn - INTJ
Ashlin - ISTJ
Tess - ESFJ
Vin - INTP