• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Villains of BtVS

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I thought it'd be fun.

Darla: ISTP?
The Master: xSTJ?
Spike: ISFP
Drusilla: INFJ*
Angelus: ESTP
Principal Snyder*: ISTJ?
Faith: ESTP
The Mayor: ENFJ*
Adam: ENTJ
Ben: ENFP
Glory: ESTJ
Andrew: ENFJ
Jonathan: INFP
Warren: ExTJ
Dark Willow: shadow ESTJ*
Holden Webster: ENFP?
Caleb: INTP? ISTP?
The First: ENTJ?

For Darla, feel free to use AtS stuff as well, as she wasn't completely fleshed out on Buffy. She's more interesting on Angel, anyway. If you don't remember who Holden Webster was, he only existed for Conversations With Dead People, but he was fun so I included him. And as The First's personality is somewhat fluid, I expect that it's impossible to accurately type it, but eh, why not. And I realize that Ben was less of a villain and more of a coward, but yeah.

*credit goes to Rhapsody for these

Last edited:

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Why do you think ISTP for Darla? I don't remember her very well, so I'm not saying I think she's a different type. I'm just curious. :D

My off-the-cuff impression of Dark Willow was that she was INFP. I thought the whole turn-to-the-dark-side thing was Fi-fueled.

And are you considering Angelus to be a separate personality from Angel's normal personality (when he has a soul)? (Although now that I think about it, young pre-vampire Angel seemed pretty ESTP ...)

(And is Holden Webster the vampire who tried to psychoanalyze Buffy?)

Aside from that, I agree with everything else! (That or I just can't remember the characters well enough anymore :doh:)

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh yeah, and my (vague :blush:) impression of Drusilla was INFJ and The Mayor as ENFJ.

Oh, and what about Principal Snyder? He wasn't a villain exactly, but he was kind of an ass. :cheese:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Why do you think ISTP for Darla? I don't remember her very well, so I'm not saying I think she's a different type. I'm just curious. :D
Darla was difficult for me to type, actually. I had to go off her Angel appearances rather than her Buffy ones, as her character was better established there. She seemed to like a change of pace rather frequently, hated being tied down or controlled in any way, and seemed to go by what made sense to her. It's hard to say.

My off-the-cuff impression of Dark Willow was that she was INFP. I thought the whole turn-to-the-dark-side thing was Fi-fueled.
I can see that. While she was evil, though, she was obsessive about that one event that'd happened (understandably), which made me think unhealthy Si, and she seemed very set on her mission to the point where it didn't matter how it were to come about, which seemed like a very unhealthy Te. Saying that, though, I can see Dark Willow being INFP but being heavily immersed in her ESTJ shadow.

And are you considering Angelus to be a separate personality from Angel's normal personality (when he has a soul)? (Although now that I think about it, young pre-vampire Angel seemed pretty ESTP ...)
Heh, Liam was almost certainly ESTP. But yeah, I was considering it separately, mainly because the whole thing about whether they're full demons or part humans changed depending on which character was asked.

(And is Holden Webster the vampire who tried to psychoanalyze Buffy?)
That he would be. Though I'm starting to doubt my initial claim... ENxJ, maybe?

Oh yeah, and my (vague :blush:) impression of Drusilla was INFJ and The Mayor as ENFJ.
Okay, that's what my impression of Drusilla was as well. My initial of the Mayor was ENFJ as well, though then I started to remember his stuff about tradition, family values and the American dream, which got me all confused.

Oh, and what about Principal Snyder? He wasn't a villain exactly, but he was kind of an ass. :cheese:
I can't believe I forgot about him. Hah! Oh, man. He seems pretty ISTJ to me, but it wouldn't be hard to convince me that he was a bitter ISFP (considering how he was as a teenager).

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks for clearing up the Darla typing! I've been interested in female ISTP characters lately, hence the wondering. Maybe I'll have to go back and watch Angel sometime.

And I see why you thought ISTJ for Dark Willow now. I've always thought of normal Willow as INFP, so I think ESTJ shadow would make the most sense to me since it seems like Dark Willow would just be a twisted version of her base personality. (Edit: And I just saw the changes you made to your list ...)

Heh, Liam was almost certainly ESTP. But yeah, I was considering it separately, mainly because the whole thing about whether they're full demons or part humans changed depending on which character was asked.

I definitely agree that Angelus is ESTP, then, too, if you're considering him a separate persona.

That he would be. Though I'm starting to doubt my initial claim... ENxJ, maybe?

I was actually going to agree with ENFP! He seemed so bubbly. I could see ENFJ, though, because Buffy actually took everything he said to heart. He was certainly very persuasive.

My initial of the Mayor was ENFJ as well, though then I started to remember his stuff about tradition, family values and the American dream, which got me all confused.

Oh that's true. Even when he was talking about the American dream, etc., though, he didn't seem very down to earth about it. He still struck me as being visionary, only his vision involved bringing back the past ... hmmm ...

I can't believe I forgot about him. Hah! Oh, man. He seems pretty ISTJ to me, but it wouldn't be hard to convince me that he was a bitter ISFP (considering how he was as a teenager).

I was going to say ISTJ, too, but I don't remember the part where they show his teenager personality. :( I need to brush up on my Buffy fangirling ...

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks for clearing up the Darla typing! I've been interested in female ISTP characters lately, hence the wondering. Maybe I'll have to go back and watch Angel sometime.
You should. If only to make sure I actually typed vampire Darla and not human Darla by mistake. I was having trouble remembering which scenes were which.

And I see why you thought ISTJ for Dark Willow now. I've always thought of normal Willow as INFP, so I think ESTJ shadow would make the most sense to me since it seems like Dark Willow would just be a twisted version of her base personality. (Edit: And I just saw the changes you made to your list ...)
Yeah, INFP seems to make the most sense for normal Willow, now that I think about it. It was either that or INFJ, but I think Willow is just oddly organized for a P type.

I was actually going to agree with ENFP! He seemed so bubbly. I could see ENFJ, though, because Buffy actually took everything he said to heart. He was certainly very persuasive.
To be honest, it's been a while since I've seen that episode. Hm, well which type would be more excited about getting to be a villain? Because he seemed to really enjoy that aspect of it, heh.

Oh that's true. Even when he was talking about the American dream, etc., though, he didn't seem very down to earth about it. He still struck me as being visionary, only his vision involved bringing back the past ... hmmm ...
Well, he wanted to be a giant snake. Honestly, that dream is so utterly ridiculous that I can't decide which function to attribute that to. Though now that I think about it, Ni's probably a better fit, considering that he'd planned that ascension for about 300 years or so, which probably requires some pretty far-reaching scope of vision.

I was going to say ISTJ, too, but I don't remember the part where they show his teenager personality. :( I need to brush up on my Buffy fangirling ...
Heh, that's fine. Here I was thinking I was sad for remembering all of this. XD Band Candy was the episode where you got to see his teenage self.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Hm, well which type would be more excited about getting to be a villain? Because he seemed to really enjoy that aspect of it, heh.

I guess it depends on why he was excited to be a villain. IIRC, he was excited more by the novelty/cool-factor of it, and less by the power part, which makes me think Ne and ENFP. But it's been a while since I saw that episode, too, lol.

Well, he wanted to be a giant snake. Honestly, that dream is so utterly ridiculous that I can't decide which function to attribute that to. Though now that I think about it, Ni's probably a better fit, considering that he'd planned that ascension for about 300 years or so, which probably requires some pretty far-reaching scope of vision.

Good point. And when in doubt, I think N usually has a greater probability of being ridiculous than S. :cheese:

Heh, that's fine. Here I was thinking I was sad for remembering all of this.

Geek cred can never be sad. Flaunt it! :banana2:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I guess it depends on why he was excited to be a villain. IIRC, he was excited more by the novelty/cool-factor of it, and less by the power part, which makes me think Ne and ENFP. But it's been a while since I saw that episode, too, lol.
Heh, yeah, good point. ENFP stays.

Good point. And when in doubt, I think N usually has a greater probability of being ridiculous than S. :cheese:
Yep. Most likely, an S would ascend into something that can actually serve some sort of practical purpose. An N would be a giant snake. Go figure.

Geek cred can never be sad. Flaunt it! :banana2:
In that case, I should point out that as a complete math nerd, your avatar is pretty much the awesome-est thing I've seen in a while. :D

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Yep. Most likely, an S would ascend into something that can actually serve some sort of practical purpose. An N would be a giant snake. Go figure.

MBTI tests should add that as a question to determine the N/S dichotomy.

You would like to change the world by becoming a giant snake.
a) Very accurate
b) Mostly accurate
c) Not accurate or inaccurate
d) Mostly inaccurate
e) Very inaccurate

In that case, I should point out that as a complete math nerd, your avatar is pretty much the awesome-est thing I've seen in a while. :D

Haha, thanks. Unfortunately, my days of math nerdiness are about as far in the past as my days of Buffy geekiness. :\

If I ever get around to rewatching Angel episodes, I'll come back and try to retype Darla. I make no promises, though. :cheese: