• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hannibal Lector

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I watched Hannibal rising last night and I did my first "Successful" typing.:)

I typed him as an INTJ whilst watching that film, and just checked it out now and I was right. (well according to some sites) :party2:

I will explain my thought process so you can have a laugh and how I broke it down.

Introvert, well that was obvious as he spends his childhood in the orphanage in silence, never speaking except when he would dream and shout out loud about his sister. :cry: He goes on still a very silent and withdrawn character, making contact with his aunt by marriage, and still very quiet and soft spoken even after bonding with her.

The only reason I pegged him as iNtuitive, is because of the withdrawn dream like state he always seemed to be in, I am not very good at splitting S from N, but it struck me on a personal level that an introverted S type would still be more focused on the here and now, and be less stuck in a dream of the past? plus introverted S types that I know are more talkative, either way SCORE for me, I got it right. :D

The T, well who else could kill with such cold and efficient callousness, mastering biology in order to use it for that task? I can see an F being brutal, but the rage would be much less controlled I think.:shock:

J, well he just couldn't forgive, couldn't be reasoned with, couldn't let go of what he believed was the best way forward, plus he followed through, if you were next you were next, the plans always came to fruition.

Now I know the way I got to the typing was strange, but what matters is that I was right, I was right, I was right.........:)

(On a side note, what a sad film, what a horrific thing that happened to his sister, when I was watching it, it struck me that even if he had been an F child, the moment they killed and ate his sister, they killed the F within him, the officer says "The young boy Hannibal died out there that day, his heart died the moment they killed his sister, what he is I do not know, it is a monster" (or like that), what do you think?)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I watched Hannibal rising last night and I did my first "Successful" typing.:)

I typed him as an INTJ whilst watching that film, and just checked it out now and I was right. (well according to some sites) :party2:

I will explain my thought process so you can have a laugh and how I broke it down.

Introvert, well that was obvious as he spends his childhood in the orphanage in silence, never speaking except when he would dream and shout out loud about his sister. :cry: He goes on still a very silent and withdrawn character, making contact with his aunt by marriage, and still very quiet and soft spoken even after bonding with her.

The only reason I pegged him as iNtuitive, is because of the withdrawn dream like state he always seemed to be in, I am not very good at splitting S from N, but it struck me on a personal level that an introverted S type would still be more focused on the here and now, and be less stuck in a dream of the past? plus introverted S types that I know are more talkative, either way SCORE for me, I got it right. :D

The T, well who else could kill with such cold and efficient callousness, mastering biology in order to use it for that task? I can see an F being brutal, but the rage would be much less controlled I think.:shock:

J, well he just couldn't forgive, couldn't be reasoned with, couldn't let go of what he believed was the best way forward, plus he followed through, if you were next you were next, the plans always came to fruition.

Now I know the way I got to the typing was strange, but what matters is that I was right, I was right, I was right.........:)

(On a side note, what a sad film, what a horrific thing that happened to his sister, when I was watching it, it struck me that even if he had been an F child, the moment they killed and ate his sister, they killed the F within him, the officer says "The young boy Hannibal died out there that day, his heart died the moment they killed his sister, what he is I do not know, it is a monster" (or like that), what do you think?)
Your post made me think of the dichotomy of SF/NT within the confine of IJ/EP.
I may be a little off the catch.

The INT is ever in control.
For that part Lecter could have been an INTP.

With INTP and with INFP control matches drive exactly.
Hence INFP is not a borderline personality.
Like an INTP, she is neither labile nor controlling.

Both the the INJ and the ISJ are in control.
There is a difference only in the object of control.

The INTJ is the most controlling of all the IN types.

What is the difference between the STJ and the NTJ in control?
The STJ controls the object through the subject.
The NTJ controls the subject through the object.

EP: Drive exceeds control.
IJ: Control exceeds drive.

Of all the types, the ISFJ and the INTJ are the least likely to end in prison.

The ISFJs commit the least number of crimes.

Of all the executed women in Saudi Arabia and in the US. the SFJ represents the majority.

The INTJs are the least likely to end in prison because of their crimes.

This does not mean they are likely to turn into crime. They represent the least likely T type to turn into crime.

What do the figures tell about our judicial system?

An eventuality turns the ESTP into crime.
Never the INTJ.
The INTJ does not turn into crime unless another factor is involved.
What is the other factor?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I definately believe that he is an INTJ. This seems much more apparent with Anthony Hopkins portrayal, though. However, you have to allow for the fact that he is very likely a psycopath, also, so he probably won't type exactly right.

And, Wildcat...that was a very good post. It has been saved for future reference.